PDA

View Full Version : - We Have Found a Puppy! -

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
After so many months of searching, we have finally found our newest addition! He is a purebred Great Dane - from CoalVally Harlequins. He is a Merlequin, much more beautiful than your accepted colours. He will be coming home when he is just over 12 weeks old. The breeder is going to drive 4+ hours for $50.00! The dam and sire have their OFA Certification, Thyroid Testing, Von Willebrand's Disease Testing, CERF Certification and Cardiac Screening. The pup is CKC registered and is the cutest puppy ever! I chose a Great Dane since alot of you said not to get a Lab. I have loved Danes my whole life and knew they fit my lifestyle more than any other breed. I am glad I didnt get a Lab, because the chance to share my life with a Dane is all I have ever wanted.

Here is dad...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Dad.jpg

Here is mom...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Mom.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/Mom1.jpg

Puppy in the next post...

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
And finally - here is my baby boy!

On the far left...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/DanePuppy.jpg

On the right...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/DanePuppy1.jpg

Profile...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Crazy-Cat-Lover/DanePuppy2.jpg

I have to give the breeder a call to officialy seal the deal. We have talked over the internet and she wants me to phone so we can talk. I will let you know tomorrow, I can't wait until he comes home to me!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

cyber-sibes
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
OMG! He is ADORABLE!!!! Will keep paws crossed all goes well on the phone tomorrow & he'll be coming home to you soon!

The Cat Factory
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Aw! I just love that last picture of him! I can't wait till you get him home so Chessy has another puppy friend to play with :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I am so anxious sitting here waiting until tomorrow so I can phone her. She is a very nice lady and is holding the puppy until March 9th for me. I think she just wants to ask me some more questions about our family. I pray she doesnt change her mind, which I give her no reason to. We have the "perfect" lifestyle for a Dane and can afford keeping a 150+ pound dog that is taller than me! LOL!

Oh yeah, and the puppies come with a written health guarantee and lifetime support.

:)

rupert
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh boy is he gorgeous! I sure do hope you get him! :D

I've loved Danes all my life but never have had the chance to own one of the beautiful dogs. I don't think I ever will either, they are so big...

GOOD LUCK and I HOPE YOU ADOPT HIM!

binka_nugget
02-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Okay, it's official. We HAVE to have a PT meeting now. He's so cute!! Congrats on your soon-to-be new addition!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Okay, it's official. We HAVE to have a PT meeting now. He's so cute!! Congrats on your soon-to-be new addition!

Hey yeah! You live in Vancouver? We should DEFINATELY have a PT meeting one of these days. I live in Surrey - not too far from you.

That would be so fun! :p

K9karen
02-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Gasp! He's adorable- they all are. I love the way they posed for the picture. I love Danes too, never met one who wasn't all lovey dovey and sweet as can be! Congratulations!

.sarah
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
He's adorable! I am so glad you went with a Dane, I have another little cutie to tie me over for a while until I can get a Dane (which is now going to be a loooong time).

He's actually a mantle merle, not a merlequin :) A merlequin is like a harlequin but with merle patches instead of black.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Thank you! Their temperament is what attracted me to the breed years ago. They are massive dogs, but sweet, gentle and friendly. He may come home taller than my daughter, but I know they will grow to love each other. I also love Danes for their love for children. They are recommended for children, while labs arent anymore (because they are really hyper).

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-20-2006, 12:00 AM
He's adorable! I am so glad you went with a Dane, I have another little cutie to tie me over for a while until I can get a Dane (which is now going to be a loooong time).

He's actually a mantle merle, not a merlequin :) A merlequin is like a harlequin but with merle patches instead of black.

That is what I thought! The breeder calls him a Merlequin, I dont know why. Either way, I chose him over a Boston/Mantle and a Harlequin. I dont want to show him, so I didnt care that he wasn't an accepted colour. It also saved me $650.00! The Boston/Mantle was $900, the Harlequin was $1400 and my baby is $750. I would have chose him even if he was the most expensive.

I saw your thread - I can't wait to see pics of your new baby! :D

jesse_3
02-20-2006, 02:09 AM
He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! His little face and everything...okay, maybe not all that little. lol! I can't wait for more pics!:D:D:D

EDIT: Isn't that the same coloration of a Catahoula Leapord Dog? I saw one in Grand Forks, ND, and it reminded me of a Catahoula, as does yours (not the body, just the fur!!) Sorry, I am so bad with this right now, I really need to be on PT more!!!

What is his name? - if you have one picked out yet? (I hope that I didn't read over it!!)

Steph and Jes

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-20-2006, 02:36 AM
He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! His little face and everything...okay, maybe not all that little. lol! I can't wait for more pics!:D:D:D

EDIT: Isn't that the same coloration of a Catahoula Leapord Dog? I saw one in Grand Forks, ND, and it reminded me of a Catahoula, as does yours (not the body, just the fur!!) Sorry, I am so bad with this right now, I really need to be on PT more!!!

What is his name? - if you have one picked out yet? (I hope that I didn't read over it!!)

Steph and Jes

Catahoulas can come in the same colour! They usually have the merle pattern with tan points. I really like these names, we are going to pick a german name.

Tiny - I think it suits a gigantic dog! :p
Axel
Keifer
Adicus

Name suggestions are welcome! :)

chocolatepuppy
02-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Wow! Talk about waking me up in the morning! How exciting! He's gorgeous! Congrats! :D

dappledoxie
02-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! -melts- He is soooooooooo darling! Congrats to you!!!

Alysser
02-20-2006, 08:10 AM
LUCKY DUCK! He's so handsome! congrats!

BC_MoM
02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Awww what a cuuuutie!! :D

For $50, she must not be very reputable, though..

anna_66
02-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Wow! He's gorgeous! How lucky you are to get such a stunning boy for only $50 and the breeders even bringing him to you! Guess it was just meant to be:D

I can't wait to see this boy grow, Grow and GROW!!!

k9krazee
02-20-2006, 09:16 AM
She's paying the breeder $50 to transport him, she paid $750 for the pup ;)

Congrats!! He is gorgeous!!! :D

Anita Cholaine
02-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Aww.... he's sooo ADORABLE!!!! :D Congrats on your new addition!

About the name... I absolutely love Axel.... I think it would be perfect for a Great dane!!

lv4dogs
02-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Congrats. He sure is a cutie! :D I just adore Danes, they have been a dream dog of mine ever since I can remember. I'd have one in a heartbeat if they were more suitable for a very active lifestyle, their growth period, life expectancy & prone-ness (is that a word?LOL) to get bloat just don't suit me. Hopefully one day when I calm down some. :p

I'll be looking forward to pics!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
He's adorable! Congratulations! :D

.sarah
02-20-2006, 10:25 AM
I love the name Axel!

Once upon a time I thought I'd be getting a Dane. The names I had picked out were Moose, King, Samson, and Hudson. :D

animal_rescue
02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Awww he's absolutely adorable!!

Toby's my baby
02-20-2006, 10:36 AM
He is GORGEAUS!! Congrats on your new addition! I cant wait till you get him home so we can see LOTS more pictures!!! :D;)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Awww what a cuuuutie!! :D

For $50, she must not be very reputable, though..

The puppy is $750.00, to deliver it's $50.00 for gas. I would have paid $1400.00 if I chose a Harlequin (which I wanted), but he is the best looking pup IMO.

Thanks everyone! :D :)

CagneyDog
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
He's adorable! I hope it all works out.

CathyBogart
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
What a handsome little fellow, I'm glad you found the perfect dog. :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh boy is he gorgeous! Danes are such awesome dogs, you are for sure going to love having one! If you didn't know, I had three of my own :) Good luck with your adorable child and I hope everything works out with him.

You have three? Lucky you! Do you have pictures of your babies? :D

*LabLoverKEB*
02-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on your soon-to-be home new addition! He looks just beautiful!
Actually, Labrador Retrievers are recommended for children, of all ages, because they are extremley friendly. They may be hyper, but that's just their nature. ;)

jesse_3
02-20-2006, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE]Catahoulas can come in the same colour! They usually have the merle pattern with tan points. I really like these names, we are going to pick a german name.

Tiny - I think it suits a gigantic dog!
Axel
Keifer
Adicus

Name suggestions are welcome!
Today 02:09 AM[QUOTE]
Okay, thank you!!

As for the name, I love Keifer for him!! I like Axel a lot too!
I can't wait for some more pics of him!!!!!!!!
Steph and Jes

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I will have pictures as soon as the little...erm...big baby gets here! :p

Suki Wingy
02-20-2006, 04:44 PM
CONGRATS! Merle is one of my favorites.

Roxyluvsme13
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
He's adorable! :D CONGRATS And cant WAIT to see more pictures!

lute
02-20-2006, 06:47 PM
OMG! OMG! CONGRATS! another dane on PT! my Jake and him are about the same age. he'll be 12 weeks tommarow!(21st)

your puppy's coat isn't a merlequin. he's a mantle merle. he's BEAUTIFUL! both parents are stunning! :D

Karen
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh my goodness, that picture with all the puppies should have come with a cuteness warning! :) Your perhaps future pup is just gorgeous, with appropriately huge feet! :)

There's nothin' like a Dane! :D :D :D

BC_MoM
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
she paid $750 for the pup ;)

Holy schnitzel!!!

Daisy and Delilah
02-20-2006, 09:28 PM
He's so cute!!! Congratulations!! :D

Girly7755
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh my gosh is he ADORABLE! Good luck with him! What are you thinking about naming him?

Girly7755
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Holy schnitzel!!!

My brother payed $1200 for his Lab and $1500 for his Mastiff, anyway, sorry for getting off subject :p $750 is a lot of money! Esspecialy since I got my dog for free! :p

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 01:25 AM
My brother payed $1200 for his Lab and $1500 for his Mastiff, anyway, sorry for getting off subject :p $750 is a lot of money! Esspecialy since I got my dog for free! :p

Most Dane breeders out here want $1500-2000 per pup (show quality). I am happy with the breeder I chose, they have been breeding Danes for a long, long time.

:D

tikeyas_mom
02-21-2006, 01:30 AM
AWWW
AHH!! He's so cute!!!
We totally have to ahve a PT meeting, I will bring my Dane Baby!!! :D:D.
Im so happy for you!! His parents are so beautiful and he is so hansome!!
EEP!!! I can smeel puppy breath from here :p

*Edit: As for the price thing.. You got him for the normal merle color price.. Most reputable Dane breeders don't charge more then $800.00 for a merle Dane puppy, because they arn't show quality.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 01:54 AM
AWWW
AHH!! He's so cute!!!
We totally have to ahve a PT meeting, I will bring my Dane Baby!!! :D:D.
Im so happy for you!! His parents are so beautiful and he is so hansome!!
EEP!!! I can smeel puppy breath from here :p

*Edit: As for the price thing.. You got him for the normal merle color price.. Most reputable Dane breeders don't charge more then $800.00 for a merle Dane puppy, because they arn't show quality.

I would LOVE to meet your dogs, and you of course! Where do you live? I am in Surrey, BC and can't travel very far. It would be so cool to have a PT meeting at one of our many beautiful (dog friendly) parks!

Yeah, I wouldnt have bought him if he was more than $800.00 since he is a "mismark". She has the hardest time finding homes for the Merles, I guess because most people want a "show" dog. Not me though, I could never deal will all of those show people - some of them are weird! :p
:D

MyLittleMutt
02-21-2006, 08:13 AM
He is a cutie! Congrats!

Amethyst
02-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Beautiful~~~

Like a show dog. :D :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks! :) I am awaiting an email from the breeder since I called and there was no answer. :(

dogzr#1
02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Congrats! He is really cute. I hope you get him. For names I found this really cool website:

http://www.dog-names.us/

and another

http://www.puppydogweb.com/names/names.htm

Go crazy with those names!!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Congrats! He is really cute. I hope you get him. For names I found this really cool website:

http://www.dog-names.us/

and another

http://www.puppydogweb.com/names/names.htm

Go crazy with those names!!

Thank you! I will have to get a bunch of names I really like and put them in a hat. Me and DH have such a hard time agreeing on names - even though I names all three kitties! I would love a name that goes with their names...

Amadeus
Sebastian
Augustus
_______?

k9krazee
02-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Looks like you need another "S" name :D

dogzr#1
02-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you! I will have to get a bunch of names I really like and put them in a hat. Me and DH have such a hard time agreeing on names - even though I names all three kitties! I would love a name that goes with their names...

Amadeus
Sebastian
Augustus
_______?

You're welcome:) That's the site I used to find Astra's name.

sammy101
02-21-2006, 05:59 PM
the parents are gorgeous :eek: Congrats on your new baby! :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes, another "S" name would be great. Any ideas? :p

Roxyluvsme13
02-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Hmmmm....Sergio :D haha sorry just the first thing that came to my mind :rolleyes:

Kfamr
02-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Good luck.

Salvador? Sal for short.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-21-2006, 07:07 PM
The first thing I thought of was the name of a German/Austrian composer (since you want a German name), since you've got Amadeus (Mozart) and Sebastian (Bach), and Augustus I'm not sure of, I think it is Latin/Roman.

But, there's always Johann (Bach or Strauss) Franz (Schubert) or Anton (Bruckner). Just something to think about!

One website I really like is www.behindthename.com where you can search for names by origin. I found Adele's name there, and I picked Marta's name because of the Sound of Music, which is one of my favorite movies (one of the children is named Marta). Good luck! Your new puppy will be a lot of fun!

Roxyluvsme13
02-21-2006, 07:14 PM
The first thing I thought of was the name of a German/Austrian composer (since you want a German name), since you've got Amadeus (Mozart) and Sebastian (Bach), and Augustus I'm not sure of, I think it is Latin/Roman.

But, there's always Johann (Bach or Strauss) Franz (Schubert) or Anton (Bruckner). Just something to think about!

One website I really like is www.behindthename.com where you can search for names by origin. I found Adele's name there, and I picked Marta's name because of the Sound of Music, which is one of my favorite movies (one of the children is named Marta). Good luck! Your new puppy will be a lot of fun!
Yay music composers! I almost named a past pair of goldfish Bach and Handle :p. Lily is named after the indian daughter in Peter Pan. (TigerLily)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Great name suggestions! Thanks! I will have to write them all down and pick my top 5 favorites and then choose from there.

jesse_3
02-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Did you get ahold of the breeder?? I hope so!

As for names, maybe Sakari (sweet in the Inuit language-pronounced:
Shah-kah-ree), Smokey/Smoky/Smoki, or Sasha. The website that I found these names is: http://www.wayeh.com/aboutsleddogs/names.htm#s-u

Good luck with a name, and I hope that we can get pics of him right away when he gets home, or at least after you're done kissing, hugging, and just plain loving him!:D
Steph and Jes

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 12:56 AM
The breeder hasn't replied to my email I sent yesterday - but I am definately going to give her a call tomorrow (even if it costs us a fortune). We have a cell phone, not a house phone - so we have to get time put on it. I am officialy setting the date on which he will come home and it is either...

March 3rd or March 9th. I want to pick the earlier date - but I'd rather let them pick what day is most convenient to them.

PRAY PRAY PRAY - That the phone call tomorrow makes me an OFFICIAL Great Dane mother! I am so anxious right now - in the emails she said he was mine - but I want her to say that to me over the phone.

The Cat Factory
02-22-2006, 01:07 AM
I hope that you are able to talk to her tomorrow! I can't wait until you bring your baby home!! :D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I hope that you are able to talk to her tomorrow! I can't wait until you bring your baby home!! :D

Me too! I am just a big worry wart - wondering if someone else has bought my baby. She hasn't replied to my email, so that makes me so much more frusterated. I pray she hasn't changed her mind and sold him - it would break our hearts! Tim is so anxious for him to come home - not worrying one bit that he isn't ours. I will just have to be persistent and phone her place and let it ring until someone answers! :p

The Cat Factory
02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Hopefully they are just busy, and they answer the phone tomorrow... :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Hopefully they are just busy, and they answer the phone tomorrow... :)

Thats what I have been saying to myself ALOT lately. "Oh, maybe they are caring for the puppies", "Perhaps they arent home" - "Maybe they're busy"! All this waiting is killing me - I hope tomorrows phone call gives me the final answer -- YES!

:confused:

The Cat Factory
02-22-2006, 01:51 AM
I hope tomorrows phone call gives me the final answer -- YES!

I hope so too! Chester doesn't want to wait much longer for another puppy to play with LOL :) BTW, Chester lost his first fang today :D:D

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 01:53 AM
I hope so too! Chester doesn't want to wait much longer for another puppy to play with LOL :) BTW, Chester lost his first fang today :D:D

Awww! He probably feels much better with that tooth being gone! :p

The Cat Factory
02-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Yes. He lost it when he was chewing his pig skin braid. I found it on the couch, and I have it saved :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes. He lost it when he was chewing his pig skin braid. I found it on the couch, and I have it saved :)

LOL! I used to have Sebastians fangs -- but they got lost during the move here. :(