PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Season 5

Pages : [1] 2 3

.sarah
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Who are y'all rooting for?

Girls- I looove Kellie Pickler. She is just the cutest little thing. Oh and her voice is good too :p I also like Paris Bennett, Katharine McPhee and Lisa Tucker.

Guys- I love Taylor! I downloaded his version of "Georgia" and it was amazing! (Click here (
http://www.birminghamtreasurehunt.com/musicfiles/taylorhicks_georgia.mp3) if you want to hear it). I also LOVE Chris Daughtry. He has an awesome voice!

EDIT: I don't know why the link doesn't look like a link, but it does work. :confused:

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
The link you post has weird charactors in front of it which it should just being with the http:// (I deleted that stuff and am able to hear it)

That said, I haven't payed that much attention to it. :o I'm always doing something else when it's on.

.sarah
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I really don't know what's up with the link. I tried editing the post but it's still acting wierd :confused: Here it is again.

http://www.birminghamtreasurehunt.com/musicfiles/taylorhicks_georgia.mp3

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
In your original post you have this..
http://<br%20/>
at the beginning.. You need to delete that. ;)

.sarah
02-19-2006, 08:07 PM
It's not like that on my computer though. The coding is correct and so is the URL.

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 08:09 PM
That's so weird! Computers are being wacko here in FL today. ;)

dogzr#1
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
The link works now. I have been watching it and i have to agree with you on the girls. i really love paris bennett. i like kellie pickler but we think she sounds to much like carrie underwood and kelly clarkson, but that's just our opionion.

as for guys i can't remember their names :o but i love the guy with grey hair and that bald rock n' roll guy.

.sarah
02-19-2006, 08:13 PM
The link works now. I have been watching it and i have to agree with you on the girls. i really love paris bennett. i like kellie pickler but we think she sounds to much like carrie underwood and kelly clarkson, but that's just our opionion.

as for guys i can't remember their names :o but i love the guy with grey hair and that bald rock n' roll guy.
Those are the two guys I posted lol. Taylor is the gray guy and Chris is the bald guy.

I like Kellie's personality better than Carrie's, but thier voices are comparable, definetly.

.sarah
02-19-2006, 08:21 PM
This is the supposed current odds on who will win. Article says "odds are subject to change"

Ace Young 7/2
Katharine McPhee 4/1
Paris Bennett 5/1
Chris Daughtry 8/1
Kellie Pickler 8/1
Taylor Hicks 10/1
Lisa Tucker 11/1
Heather Cox 22/1
Will Makar 24/1
Stevie Scott 27/1
Jose 'Sway' Penala 29/1
Patrick Hall 31/1
Becky O'Donohue 45/1
Mandisa 47/1
Ayla Brown 65/1
Bobby Bennett 65/1
Brenna Gethers 65/1
Bucky Covington 65/1
David Radford 65/1
Elliott Yamin 65/1
Kinnik Sky 65/1
Gedeon McKinney 65/1
Melissa McGhee 65/1
Kevin Covias 65/1

I personally hope Ace doesn't win and if he does I know it will be because of his looks. I think there are lots of people on this show that deserve more than he does.

dogzr#1
02-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Those are the two guys I posted lol. Taylor is the gray guy and Chris is the bald guy.

I like Kellie's personality better than Carrie's, but thier voices are comparable, definetly.

oh, i feel dumb now! lol. yeah, kellie and carrie sound alike big time, but i also like kellie's personality better. to know that her dad was in prison and all makes her even better.

not to be rude but i don't want Ace to win either. most of these contests that let the public choose, the winners are often because of their looks or popularity, not on how they sound. some people actually listen and vote for whom they think sounds the best.

joanofark
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM
OKay I like this one girl on there... I don't know her name, lol. I'm horible with names!!!

She's the one with the mom that is a music teacher, she's white and has long brown hair. I'm not sure if she's the girl that you mentioned or not, but do you know who I'm talking about??:p

And I like that Chris Daughtry, also....:) (OMG I know his name ;):p)

.sarah
02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
She's the one with the mom that is a music teacher, she's white and has long brown hair. I'm not sure if she's the girl that you mentioned or not, but do you know who I'm talking about??:p
No I don't, sorry. Go here: http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

joanofark
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh, yay thanks!! I think it's Katherine Mcphee....:)

Chilli
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm rooting for Chris Daughtry, he just caught my eye in the first audition, and since then, he's really stood out to me. :D

buckner
02-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I personally love Taylor and I'm rooting for him all the way! His personality cracks me up, and I feel he IS an American Idol. He may not "look" like one because of his hair, but I think he is the best. He's got soul, a great voice, and a personality that will reel all kinds of voters in. :D

I do NOT like Ayla Brown - she reminds me too much of a girl that I don't like. :P Ayla just seems way too over confident about herself.. go play basketball instead, girl!

I also like Chris, Mandisa, and Paris! :)

Chris is just an amazing performer. Mandisa has the attitude of Fantasia... when Fantasia auditioned, she said "My lips may be big, but my talent is bigger" and that's what I think Mandisa could be like. Mandisa just strikes me as a very deserving and very talented woman. And Paris just has some major spunk that I enjoy! :P

Ace... what's to say. Yes, he is very cute, but he also has an AMAZING voice! Probably one of the better ones out of the 24 of them (I don't know how some of those guys made it to the top 24!!!)... he'll just grab your heart while singing, because he puts so much of himself into his singing. So if he does get a lot of voices, yes, some will be because of his looks, but I think a LOT of them will be because he's an awesome singer. :)

But.... GO TAYLOR!

Anita Cholaine
02-20-2006, 12:23 PM
I love Kellie Pickler, but mostly because of her personality...Lisa Tucker and Paris, are better, I think one of them should win....

Sara, I completely agree with you about Ayla Brown. I don't know how she made it to the top 24....

About the guys... I don't remember too much about them, but my favourite is Taylor... He looks like he's old, it's true, but I absolutely love his style, and the way he sings, of course....

Roxyluvsme13
02-20-2006, 05:38 PM
As for Girls: Kellie P! She has a really sweet personality, and yay for her accent ;) (GO SOUTH!)
As for Guys: Taylor! He's awesome, and I like his personality alot, too.

rosethecopycat
02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, I'm surprised by some of the responses here.
I'm a bit older than the average Idol viewer (45yo)
and I thought rooting for Taylor wouldn't be very popular.
I think he's a combination of Ray Charles and Michael MacDonald.
He is seriously 'dripping' soul. I'd like to see him be able to 'turn it off' for a minute, in order to seriously communicate with the judges, without seeming like a weirdo. (I think he did that for a second, when they asked him if he was nervous)

He is my favorite for male.

My favorite for female is Paris.

I don't like K. Pickler, I think we've had enough of the naive farm girl thing for a while.

Just for reference, my husband and I are professional musicians. We work with a lot of vocalists, for what it's worth.
We know absolutely nothing about charisma, style, or 'it factor'
We have no idea why this "Ace" guy is so highly recognized.
Is it 'it'?????? Sure isn't his vocal ability.

We haven't been able to predict the previous 4 idols with any success, but I am going to stand by my predictions.

;)

.sarah
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Do y'all agree with who was voted off? I didn't really like any of them.

Samantha Puppy
02-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Becky should never have made it to the top 24 - she shouldn't even have GONE to Hollywood. I definitely agreed with her getting the boot. I didn't see the other girl sing on Tuesday, but I would've loved to have seen Brenna go. I do NOT like that girl AT ALL.

I knew Bobby was gonna get it. Didn't see Patrick when he sang on Wednesday, but I thought the other guy to go would've been Bucky.

It's too early to say who I *reeeeally* like, but I'm warming up to Mandisa, Kellie P., and Ayla for the girls, and Ace and that cute little Kevin kid for the guys. Kevin won't make it too far, but God he is so sweet! Oh, I also like the other younger kid that sang the Jackson 5 song.

gemini9961
02-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree with who got the boot, although I am with Jaime, Brenna needs to go. She's a little over the top for me, it's like in her mind she has already won. Take a hike girl.

joanofark
02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I like that Kevin too!! He is so cute! He said one of the most memorable things are when he got is cheeks pinched by the girls, and how he said maybe he might get a couple kisses next time!! I DO hope he goes far but I doubt he will..... I think a guy is going to win this season.:)

.sarah
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I don't like Brenna either. She needs to get over herself, geez. There are quite a few people left that I hope get the boot, but I'm sure some will stick around because of the people that call in and vote for the worst singers.

My mom found this picture - Taylor Hicks with brown hair.

pitc9
02-24-2006, 12:58 PM
For the guys, I like Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry and for the girls I like Lisa Tucker and Katharine McPhee.

Flatcoatluver
02-24-2006, 01:26 PM
For the girls I like Mandisa..... but i don't like BRENNA GETHERS I think she kinda need to grow up.

for guys I like taylor and Kevin

k9krazee
02-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Overall I'm happy with who left...for the guys I like Chris Daughtry, Kevin, Will and Taylor.
Can't stand 'Sway', I wish he would have been booted...

Girls, I like Kelly Pickler, Paris, and Lisa Tucker...I agree, I don't like Brenna at all!

joanofark
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Overall I'm happy with who left...for the guys I like Chris Daughtry, Kevin, Will and Taylor.
Can't stand 'Sway', I wish he would have been booted...

Those are my favorite guys too! YES, 'Sway'- Needs to go!!

Lobodeb
02-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, Brenna needs to go. Get over yourself girl and stop posing for the camera! Your attitude will get you no where.

I too like Tayor. That picture that .sarah posted makes Taylor look like George Clooney! Wow! I like Chris too and I'm sorry, but Ace's face makes me a little weak in the knees.

Of the ladies, I like Kellie (cuteness factor), Mandesa, Katherine, Lisa and Paris. The top 12 should should be loaded with talent.

I agreed with everyone that got voted off.

gemini9961
02-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry, but Ace's face makes me a little weak in the knees.

Ditto. :D I like Chris too. :)

Kater
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Katharine McPhee!! (awesome name and spelling too ;) )
I also like that she called AI on something we all suspected...
"Do you think the audition process was fair?"
"No, they let go of some really good people and kept people who were pretty."

I didn't see the episode with the guys performances.

Lobodeb
02-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately, the producers of AI are caught between a rock and a hard place. As sad as it may seem, they have to get people who are marketable. As great of a singer as Mandesa is, I highly doubt she'll make it, why? She's not your cookie cutter star out there with six pack abs and a rock hard booty. I pray that I'm wrong, but society in general will buy a semi-talented singer's CD if they're "cute" over someone less attractive who is much more talented, a la Brittney Spears. (in my opinion, of course)

RedHedd
02-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Ace's face makes me a little weak in the knees. Me too :cool:

I like Chris too; Kevin is just too cute - I could pinch his cheeks too, but I don't think he'll go far - too bad. Elliot has a good voice, but he really does need to do something about those teeth.

RobiLee
02-24-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm enjoying the show. This is the first time I have ever watched from the beginning. I would usually just catch it towards the end to see who won. I like quite a few right now and I'm not good at names. I really like Taylor, Chris, Ace and Elliot on the boys side and over on the girls side I like Katharine, Paris, Mandisa and ohhh, there is more but I don't know their names..lol.

flamepony12
02-24-2006, 06:29 PM
For Girls... I like Mandisa's voice, but I'm hoping Paris might make it a little further than her. teehee. Lisa's good too.

For Guys... I don't think there's a great selection this year. But if I had to pick one it would probably be Chris Daughtry.

Brenna definitely needs to go.

and that Taylor guy is nothing special, if you ask me.

micki76
02-24-2006, 09:41 PM
.sarah, I have that pic as my avatar on a Taylor fan forum where I mod. :)

Here's another pic of Taylor with dark hair

Obviously I like Taylor, but I also like Bucky and Kevin is adorable. So far no one has really stood out for me like Bo did last year, but then for me there will never be another Bo. (Seen him in concert 4 times already, I love Bo!)

Samantha Puppy
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Unfortunately, the producers of AI are caught between a rock and a hard place. As sad as it may seem, they have to get people who are marketable. As great of a singer as Mandesa is, I highly doubt she'll make it, why? She's not your cookie cutter star out there with six pack abs and a rock hard booty. I pray that I'm wrong, but society in general will buy a semi-talented singer's CD if they're "cute" over someone less attractive who is much more talented, a la Brittney Spears. (in my opinion, of course)
Maybe so, but remember - everyone said the same thing about Ruben Studdard... I believe Simon commented about that at his very first audition, but that didn't stop him from going all the way! Clay Aiken too, on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think that you're very right in what you said above, but I do think there are some exceptions. I'm hoping Mandisa's one of them.

rosethecopycat
02-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Let's talk about the best vocalists here, and only about vocals.

The best singers are: Mandisa, Chris D., Taylor, Elliot.

Close behind are: Paris, Sway, Gedeon.

Better than I thought were: Ace, Ayla.

In the general pack are the rest, with the exception of:

Kevin, Bucky and Stevie whose vocals are just not good enough, they need to go.

Now, let's talk about 'show' or 'it factor' :

Paris, Gedeon, Chris D., Taylor, Ayla

The only ones that are at the top of the vocals and 'it' are Chris D. and Taylor

That's where my guess is now for winner.

If you eliminate the cute factor then:
Kevin, Kellie, Ace, (the one who looks like Peter Brady) is it Will?
they all must go. (but not right now)

I think I'm in for some surprises here, as many of you really like Kevin.
And as far as Brenna is concerned, she is not as bad of a singer as many, but she has some bad attitude. No 'show'.
Mandisa could fly under the radar and really take this thing, her vocals are so strong. If she could just get the personality happening.

Can anyone wager on the next set to go???????

Lobodeb
02-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Maybe so, but remember - everyone said the same thing about Ruben Studdard... I believe Simon commented about that at his very first audition, but that didn't stop him from going all the way! Clay Aiken too, on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think that you're very right in what you said above, but I do think there are some exceptions. I'm hoping Mandisa's one of them.

I don't doubt for one minute that Ruben Studdard can sing. I'm a huge fan of his and voted many times for him. Gladys Knight said it best when she said he's a velvet teddy bear. But, his CD sales have stunk! Why? Fantasia, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have all done great.

Back to the vocals. To get voted off next week I would think from the girls are Brenna (wishful thinking probably) and Heather Scott. From the guys, Will and David.

Samantha Puppy
02-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't doubt for one minute that Ruben Studdard can sing. I'm a huge fan of his and voted many times for him. Gladys Knight said it best when she said he's a velvet teddy bear. But, his CD sales have stunk! Why? Fantasia, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have all done great.I think his CD sales have suffered because he was never interested in doing mainstream pop music that his label could pimp. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood do. Ruben's album, from what I've heard, is quite soul-ish and more ethnic sounding.

AlleyCat
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Just one word: HOT!!!!!
http://andreabeard-realestate.com/siggys/americanidols-chris.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
03-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeahhh I agree :D :p

Daisy and Delilah
03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Chris blew everybody out of the water tonight! I love this guy. He's adorable too ;)

joanofark
03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I really don't think any of the girls are that special........ IMHO....

But of the guys, (My two favorites) Chris and Kevin are the best! Chris has an AWSOME voice, and Kevin is just so cute!!:p

.sarah
03-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Chris is freaking amazing! He did that song way better than the original group!

I like Elliot a lot too, and he would totally get my vote if Chris weren't there. But I don't think anyone in that competition (girls included) can compare to Chris!

Lobodeb
03-01-2006, 11:05 PM

AMEN to that!

elizabethann
03-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Chris blew everybody out of the water tonight! I love this guy. He's adorable too ;)

I agree. He was awesome.

I felt kind of bad for the "chicken little" kid. But boy, he really does look like chicken little!

lisalee
03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I am really enjoying this season of American Idol. So far my favorites are, for girls I like Ayla and Mandisa and for the guys I'm going with Taylor and little Kevin. :)

CountryWolf07
03-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I absolutely love Chris' voice & the way he brings himself onstage.. I think he's "it" this year!

Roxyluvsme13
03-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Brenna just got voted off!!!!
I mean I'm sad (a little :p) but I honestly didnt like her too much. :o

flamepony12
03-02-2006, 07:35 PM

YES.

Roxyluvsme13
03-02-2006, 07:44 PM
So did Heather, and Ace is in the BOTTOM 3, and so is Sway.

buckner
03-02-2006, 07:55 PM
So did Heather, and Ace is in the BOTTOM 3, and so is Sway.

Ace is not in the bottom 3. :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Ace is not in the bottom 3. :)
That's what my mom said? :confused: Maybe I heard her wrong, so nevermind!

buckner
03-02-2006, 08:00 PM
That's what my mom said? :confused: Maybe I heard her wrong, so nevermind!
No, the bottom 3 for boys were Kevin, Sway, and David.

Sway and David got the boot, along with Brenna and Heather.

I agree with America. I haven't started to vote yet.. but I definitely have my favourites.

I might've rechosen a favourites since my last post in this thread... I'm rooting for Chris and Taylor all the way. I don't think Taylor will make it because I think America will stop voting for raw talent, but I'm still rooting for him. Chris will make it a long way, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it all.... which would make me soooo happy! :) Ayla really has surprised me, and her personality and voice no longer reminds me of a certain unliked person... so I'm started to root for her. She'll do anything to improve and it shows! So for girls, rooting for Ayla, Mandisa, and Paris.

k9krazee
03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Woohoo! No more Brenna :D :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Woohoo! No more Brenna :D :D
Yay! :D :D :D :D
I like a bunch of people now that I've got to know their personalities.

gemini9961
03-03-2006, 03:21 AM
I am also very excited to see Brenna go, not sure I could have watched another week with Miss Thing still on there.

caseysmom
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I liked sway and I am sorry to see him go, I think he had more talent that will but america didn't like him.

Roxyluvsme13
03-03-2006, 10:50 AM
I liked sway and I am sorry to see him go, I think he had more talent that will but america didn't like him.
I was sad to see Sway go, too. I thought he was pretty good, and that some other people should have gone instead of him :(

Lobodeb
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree, Sway could have stayed around a little longer. I'm not crazy about the chicken little kid. That Peter Brady guy can hit the road too.

caseysmom
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
That peter brady kid is will and I agree. I really liked it when sway sang "reason". I really like that song but I do think he had a good voice and it broke my heart to see his parents so sad.

joanofark
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm VERY happy about all of the people that left. VERY. I just about bit my nails off when chicken little boy was in the bottom three:p.... I really like him, and I'm glad he's still in...:)

Husky_mom
03-03-2006, 11:45 AM
i havent posted my faves since i dont watch it much, but from auditions and last night episode (luckyly was almost 1 day after only)

Taylor (i jus LOVE him!! so humble (sp?) adn very down to earth guy)
Chris (he has the looks we all love, bad boy look ;) hes a singing Vin Diesel)
Kevin (this kid gives me the chills, i do want to squish him too!!)
Patrick (i loved his previous performance, last night was not so good)

Katherine ( i LOVED her since day one, shes GOT IT!!)
Ayla ( i didnt knew who she was until the girls las performance so neat!)

elizabethann
03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I mean I'm sad (a little :p) but I honestly didnt like her too much. :o

I nearly hit my head on the ceiling from jumping up & down from happiness when her name was called. I hope she doesn't wait too long for that phone call to make an album. She'll be waiting a very long time. :D

gemini9961
03-03-2006, 02:27 PM
I nearly hit my head on the ceiling from jumping up & down from happiness when her name was called. I hope she doesn't wait too long for that phone call to make an album. She'll be waiting a very long time. :D

Ditto. I can't believe how she was advertising herself last night. Hubby said he hates her little poses she does. Well we can all relax now since she is GONE!! :D

Roxyluvsme13
03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Yay! *does a little happy dance* I didnt think she could sing that good honestly :p

RedHedd
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Me too - sad to see Sway go as he was a local boy from San Francisco (okay, South San Francisco, but that's close enough). I, too, am SO GLAD, Brenna is gone. That girl had 'tude from Day 1.

Little Kevin is cute. Give him a few years and he'll do fine. So far Chris, Elliott and Gedeon are my favs for guy voices; although Ace is very easy on the eyes, I don't think he has the vocal strength to make it to the bitter end.

EDIT: Oops! Forgot Taylor! Love that guy!

For the gals, so far Ayla, Paris and Mandisa. Kellie is cute, but like Ace, doesn't have the vocal strength.

Daisy and Delilah
03-03-2006, 03:39 PM
I think Chris and Mandisa have it hands down but you never know how America will feel. I love them both and I think their voices are strong enough to carry them through to the end. Of course Mandisa probably will be frowned upon because she doesn't have the "desired body shape" that society dictates. Don't get me started on that :rolleyes: If she can sing she can sing.
I loved it when Brenna got the ax. I was cheering in front of the tv. I'll never figure out why she chose to be so arrogant. She should have known it would eventually get her nowhere. I also think Sway should have stayed. He has a beautiful voice. Just because he chose a song that wasn't perfect for him, it doesn't mean he can't sing and his parents were heartbroken :(
I hope someone saw his talent and he gets a recording contract anyway.

dogzr#1
03-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I was sad to see sway go. I thought that Will guy was going to go. When it got down to him and Kevin I was surprised to see that Kevin had gotten in the bottom 3. My favorites so far are:

Girls: Lisa Tucker, Mandisa and Paris. (I'm not to fond of Kellie Pickler but I have to agree that she does have a pretty good voice. I am just tired of seeing the little girl from a farm thing. no offence to anyone here)

Boys: Chris, Taylor, and little Kevin. I think all three have pretty good voices (especially Chris). Taylor has the right personality and Kevin is just so darn cute!

Anita Cholaine
03-03-2006, 08:00 PM
We are a bit delayed here in Argentina (we saw the girls performances on Wednesday and the guys yesterday) and I just read who has been eliminated... I'm happy that Brenna was one of them (I never liked her) I quite liked Heather's personality, but she definitely had to go. I'm sad for David and Sway :( I really liked them...

About my favourites: Girls, I think Katherine is awesome, and I also love Mandisa and Lisa Tucker... Kellie is not my idol anymore... I still love her personality, but....

And the guys... I absolutely LOVE Chris Daughtry; I love his voice, I love everything about him! :p I still love Taylor, and I think Will is just too cute (of course that he's a great singer too!)

And to finish this long boring post :o: I think a boy will win this year...

.sarah
03-03-2006, 10:55 PM
And to finish this long boring post :o: I think a boy will win this year...
A boy named Chris! If he doesn't win then America is out of their minds!

rosethecopycat
03-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I watched my TIVO a bit late.so, here it comes...

Obscene.

Sway was a much better vocalist than: Will (Peter Brady), Kevin, Bucky.

Additionally, I think Sway should have lasted longer than Ace, and possibly Gedeon.

Sway should have gotten 4th place, behind Chris, Elliot, Taylor.

Hands down. Sway sang a very challenging Stevie song and what does Peter Brady sing? Kenny Rogers? give me a break.
Sorry folks, Kevin may be cute but he does NOT have a very good instrument. His range is limited, he has not demonstated falsetto range, and he doesn't have any dynamic power (belt notes). In addition, his voice does not have a clear tone. I have no idea why he is still there.
Bucky, it sounds like you smoke 3 packs of Camels right before your sing. Getting tired of it.

By the way, Elliot sang a song that was absolutely phenonemal. Vocal gymnastics!

Taylor, you need to 'step it up' quickly now. You've got that raw soul, but you need to pick the right songs, or the other two guys are going to roll right over you.

Girls: I'm going with Mandisa now.

Lobodeb
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Any predictions on who's getting the boot?

If it were up to me, I'd say for the ladies, Kinnik and Ayla.

From the guys, Will and Kevin.

What do you all think?

k9krazee
03-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Not sure about the girls, I haven't really been watching them :o

The guys...I really like Will, I don't want to see him go but he probably will. I also think its time for Kevin to leave, or possibly Bucky...

Felix
03-09-2006, 08:51 PM
When American Idol first began I made this.My top 6 pix :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/Felixsookie/AI.gif

I LOVE Chris for the boys(He's a HOTTIE :o )

I like Katharine for the girls :)

I think these two will go far in this competition. :D

prechrswife
03-09-2006, 09:13 PM
So, what does everyone think about the top 12? I was a little surprised that Gedeon and Ayla did not make it, and that Kevin and Melissa did. Overall, though, it looks like this should be a good competition.

Lobodeb
03-09-2006, 10:27 PM
I had 3 out of 4 right. I'm sorry, but I don't like Kevin. Something just rubs me wrong with him. I predicted (not here) all 6 girls and 5 of the guys. I, for once, agreed with Simon when he said that Kevin's performance last night was juvenille. It sounded, to me, like a kid at his school play. Oh well.

Let's hear it for the top 12!!!!!

Laura's Babies
03-09-2006, 10:56 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/tvshows/1.gif

Felix
03-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Laura's Babies,thats the coolest ever!So true too

AlleyCat
03-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Totally agree about Kevin. Now that the top 12 is set, unless somebody else screws up I think he will be the first to go. Don't get me wrong, he's cute for his age and all but he just doesn't have "it".

Felix
03-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Totally agree about Kevin. Now that the top 12 is set, unless somebody else screws up I think he will be the first to go. Don't get me wrong, he's cute for his age and all but he just doesn't have "it".

I agree with you 100%.Hes a good kid,but he just don't have what it takes.I think he should of left in Gedeon's place lastnight.

catnapper
03-10-2006, 08:29 AM
I just want ot make my official whine about AI!

I CANNOT get anybody to sign up for my dog training classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights because everyone is watching Idol! :D People even point blank tell me thats not a good night for them BECAUSE of American Idol! :eek:

christa
03-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I just want ot make my official whine about AI!

I CANNOT get anybody to sign up for my dog training classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights because everyone is watching Idol! :D People even point blank tell me thats not a good night for them BECAUSE of American Idol! :eek:

LOL . . . that does suck! And is hard to believe that that many people are AI fans! Guess that's what is keeping AI going. Looks like everyone would have a DVR by now?!?! :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

beeniesmom
03-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Too bad about Ayla Brown. I thought she'd make the top 12.

Some gossip: I know that Chris Daughtry (I think he'll win) is married but something is up with him and the Pickler girl. They are always hanging on each other....??? If I were his wife I'd have already pulled Picklers hair! hehehe

RobiLee
03-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Too bad about Ayla Brown. I thought she'd make the top 12.

Some gossip: I know that Chris Daughtry (I think he'll win) is married but something is up with him and the Pickler girl. They are always hanging on each other....??? If I were his wife I'd have already pulled Picklers hair! hehehe

OMG...I was thinking the same thing about Chris and Kellie..lol. There better not be anything going on. I liked Chris right from the start and part of that attraction was the fact that he seemed to be a devoted family man.

I pretty much agree with who got kicked off, but like a few here I do think that Kevin should have gone. I like him and think he is cute but c'mon, he is no where near being an American Idol. I think he should have went before Gaedeon. I didn't care for Geadeon either though, so I'll except it this week;)..lol.

I like all the girls but I really think the guys have it this year. Chris, Elliot and Taylor are my favs and I hope all three do well and get recording contracts.

racing_gurl07
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
awww...I LOVEd Will :) I had a dream about him last night, (no nothing gross), so thats kind of werid. :o

gemini9961
03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I hope Chicken Little kid goes next week. He's only made it this far because of the "cute" factor. I don't even think he can really sing. Gedeon was better than him and so was Sway. Next week I say Chicken Little goes. His song choices are horrible and he has no stage presence. He's dull to watch. Enough of Chicken Little. I like Mandisa and I hope she makes it just to show everyone that this is a singing competition and not a beauty show. But she's going to have to beat Chris for that. :)

elizabethann
03-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Bummed about Gideon. I thought he was good.

rosethecopycat
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I hope Chicken Little kid goes next week. He's only made it this far because of the "cute" factor. I don't even think he can really sing. Gedeon was better than him and so was Sway. Next week I say Chicken Little goes. His song choices are horrible and he has no stage presence. He's dull to watch. Enough of Chicken Little. I like Mandisa and I hope she makes it just to show everyone that this is a singing competition and not a beauty show. But she's going to have to beat Chris for that. :)

Nice call.

Both Sway and Gedeon were better than Kevin and Bucky. What's up with Bucky staying and Gedeon going? I think people saw Gedeon as 'cheesy'. He had a lot of 'show' in him though, and he had a clear tone.

I don't have many feelings about Ayla, but I thought it was an upset that she went before Melissa.

I think we will be seeing Kevin for a while (too long) :(

But as far as the 'chicken little' thing goes, need I say more?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/rosethecopycat/RC.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/rosethecopycat/GG.jpg

beeniesmom
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Gedeon was better than him and so was Sway.

Sway was actually unofficially kicked off the show for another reason.

I read somewhere that he has a contract with a Phillippino recording company and that was against the rules.
To avoid knocking him off and replacing him with another, they made it look like he was voted off. Sway actually was a very good and interesting singer but Cowell made it look and sound as if he was horrible.

Roxyluvsme13
03-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I was kind of sad to see some people go, but thats who I figured. My mom, me, and my moms friend really dont like bucky, for onething he reminds my mom of my dad (they're divorced :p)

Lobodeb
03-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Sway was actually unofficially kicked off the show for another reason.

I read somewhere that he has a contract with a Phillippino recording company and that was against the rules.
To avoid knocking him off and replacing him with another, they made it look like he was voted off. Sway actually was a very good and interesting singer but Cowell made it look and sound as if he was horrible.

Wow, Carmen! You really have the inside scoop! :D

joanofark
03-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm glad about everyone who stayed and I am the first to say that I DO like chicken little:p. My top favorites are Chris and Katherine still and I think they will make it far, and i'm really starting to like Taylor too...:):) I couldn't stand Sway and I'm glad he got voted off, even if it wasn't America's choice.

Roxyluvsme13
03-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm glad about everyone who stayed and I am the first to say that I DO like chicken little:p. My top favorites are Chris and Katherine still and I think they will make it far, and i'm really starting to like Taylor too...:):) I couldn't stand Sway and I'm glad he got voted off, even if it wasn't America's choice.
I forgot to mention I like Chicken Little, too. He may not be the best voice, but he has a good personality and is cute.

Kfamr
03-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I admit, I have not payed attention AT ALL this season. BUT, I was flipping thru channels and I have to say Ace Young is my American Idol. -drools- Haha

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 04:46 PM
That is so funny Kay because my 13 year old daughter for some reason cannot stand him. I want to put him as her background on the computer just to bug her.

Kfamr
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
That is so funny Kay because my 13 year old daughter for some reason cannot stand him. I want to put him as her background on the computer just to bug her.

I haven't payed much attention to his singing... but... he's very nice to my eyes.

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I have no idea what bugs her about him. She has never admitted to finding anybody attractive they are still sort of in the cooty stage to her. I think his name is elliot...I know his last name is Yamin...anyway I think he is kind of sexy and I am not sure why.

joanofark
03-10-2006, 05:14 PM
That is so funny Kay because my 13 year old daughter for some reason cannot stand him.

I can't stand him either, and I'm close to her age, too.:p

I liked Will, though;)

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
She almost cried last night when Gideon got the boot, she does like Kevin also.

joanofark
03-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I forgot to mention I like Chicken Little, too. He may not be the best voice, but he has a good personality and is cute.

Just cute?!?!:eek:...........He's plain AH-dorable :p LOL, Glad I'm not the only one;):D

Edit:

She almost cried last night when Gideon got the boot, she does like Kevin also.

I didn''t really like Gideon that much, but I do think Bucky should've gone before him and Will...

lisalee
03-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I was dissapointed to see Ayla go, I thought she was pretty good. I was glad to see Will go, I thought he was terrible! I'm still rooting for Mandisa and Taylor, I do like Kevin too. :)

Felix
03-14-2006, 09:17 PM
First I have to get this out...Woohoo,Chris ROCKS! Yet another amazing performance from the cutie tonight :p I think this HOTTIE will go far in this compitition :D I perdict top two with hopes he will be the next American Idol.Yay!Go Chris Go!!

I think chicken little should be the next to go,he is a sweet boy but he just dont have what it takes.

Kellie Pickler well lets just say she urks me,I wish someone will burst her bubble :rolleyes:

Taylor got the crowed on their feet again,he cracks me up :)

I love Mandisas attitude its perfect.

But my heart belongs to CHRIS :o

.sarah
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Kellie - She did alright, but it was pretty boring. However I just LOVE her personality and I can't help but love her, even if her voice isn't up to par. I think she'll be in the top 5 but will probably be booted off before she makes it further than that.

Chris - Can you say AMAZING?!?!?! This guy has the looks, the voice, and the cute family. He is already my American Idol, even if he doesn't win! :o :D

Mandisa - I couldn't believe the judges liked her, I thought she was awful tonight! I know she will make it far in the competition, though.

Elliot - He did really, really good! I really like him, funny ears and all :D

Kevin - Go home already! How he made it this far I'll never know. Actually, it's probably all the people out there from "vote for the worst" or whatever. :rolleyes: This "sex symbol" crap is starting to go to his head, and I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh my head off when he mentioned it!!

Katharine - She is amazing! I think her and Chris will be the final two standing. Not sure who will win (I hope it's Chris though :p).

Taylor - He did pretty good. I like his personality for the most part, but his dancing I could do without.

Ace - For whatever reason I cannot stand him, and I can't pinpoint it. His voice is alright, but I don't think he is good enough to win.

I forgot the rest :o

Flatcoatluver
03-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Is it free to vote?

.sarah
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
The 866 numbers are toll free, text messaging is not.

Does anyone know if there will be one or two people voted off this week?

Flatcoatluver
03-14-2006, 10:43 PM
I admit, I have not payed attention AT ALL this season. BUT, I was flipping thru channels and I have to say Ace Young is my American Idol. -drools- Haha
Agree with Kay!!!

Lobodeb
03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know if there will be one or two people voted off this week?

Only one per week until we crown the next American Idol. Gosh, I sound like Ryan Seacrest. :p

Karen, how do I change my nick name to Mrs. Daughtry? Good Lord, he must be into voodoo or something because he's got a spell on me! :o

Flatcoatluver
03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=.sarah]The 866 numbers are toll free[QUOTE]
that what i thought, mom said I can only vote unless its toll free

Daisy and Delilah
03-15-2006, 07:15 AM
I think Kevin will be packing his bags after last night. He's a cute guy and I hope somebody will pick him up for something. What the heck.....I hate to see almost anybody go though ;) Stevie Wonder songs were so hard for almost everybody. Mandisa wasn't my favorite vocal last night but she still gets me up out of my seat. She has an amazing voice. Katherine has a great voice, charm, poise, and man!! is she a beautiful girl!!! Chris is a breed apart. That guy is so cute I am almost drooling at my age ;) What a cutie pie and his voice is unreal! Elliot also stood out for me. I thought he was great! Bye Bye Kevin??? :)

Roxyluvsme13
03-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Even though I like Chicken Little(Aka Kevin:p) He probably will be the one voted off, just because he doesn't have what it takes.
I fell asleep right before Katherine, so I only saw about half the show.

elizabethann
03-15-2006, 07:50 AM
I think Kevin will be packing his bags after last night. He's a cute guy and I hope somebody will pick him up for something. What the heck.....I hate to see almost anybody go though ;) Stevie Wonder songs were so hard for almost everybody. Mandisa wasn't my favorite vocal last night but she still gets me up out of my seat. She has an amazing voice. Katherine has a great voice, charm, poise, and man!! is she a beautiful girl!!! Chris is a breed apart. That guy is so cute I am almost drooling at my age ;) What a cutie pie and his voice is unreal! Elliot also stood out for me. I thought he was great! Bye Bye Kevin??? :)

I think the girl who forgot the words to the song will be voted off. I voted for the first time last night....Taylor! I love Taylor, Kathryn and Chris. I like Kelly and think she and Ryan Seacrest would make a cute couple. :D Kevin's gotta go...but not till next week. I just think Taylor has that little something extra. Perhaps because I think he's a great performer. I think Chris will go professional after AI (even if he loses). He's just got an awesome voice.

beeniesmom
03-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I think the girl who forgot the words to the song will be voted off.

I agree. And I don't think she's all that great a singer.

anna_66
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
I've never been an Idol watcher till this year and I have to say I've enjoyed it. I just hate when it gets down to the ones that I like and they have to vote people off.
Last night was probably one of the hardest nights, but I have to give props to them all for trying.
My favorite was Katharine, then Taylor and finally Chris. All of them I wouldn't have minded listening to on the radio, the others I would have turned off.

Personally I think little "sex symbol" will be voted off tonight (but I still like him!).

pitc9
03-15-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm an Idol FREAK!!! Always have been, always will be!!
Can I just tell you all how much I LOVE Taylor Hicks!! :D
Chris is great too, but Taylor is so different than anything that's ever been seen on Idol!!!
Katharine rocks!!!
Chicken Little and Kelly Pickler need to go in my opinion!!

rosethecopycat
03-15-2006, 09:31 AM
I wish this competition was audio only. Let's not see their faces or bodies at all.

Too many: ohh, he's so cute, drool.... hottie.

It's not about that.

Once again, let's talk voices and 'showbiz' (how to captivate an audience, not with your looks)

Melissa- She was much better than Kellie, but it might prove unforgivable to forget lyrics. I wouldn't base the whole performance on it, but she may go.

Kevin- Still not up to par.

Katherine- decent, not outstanding

Taylor- captivating, nice soul (as Stevie noted too)

Mandisa- Great vocals. This high octave on the chorus was 'spot on'.

Ace- needs to go, tired of the 'boy band' sound

Bucky- pulled off Stevie much better than I imagined he could

Kellie- weakest of the night. She's too one dimensional to make it much farther

Elliott- nice vocals, not the strongest of the night. I kind of expected more.

Paris- very entertaining, vocals 'right on'. Seasoned.

Chris- good vocals, but I didn't like his style doing the Stevie music.

Lisa- good, not the most memorable.

For the 'boot' (based on this week): Kellie. But may turn out to be Melissa.
Bucky and Kevin and redeemed this week due to Kellie's weakness.

Flatcoatluver
03-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I think taylore, madesa, and paris did the best!! Go Mandesa!

CagneyDog
03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I love American Idol!
I can't really chose a favorite, I think they all have talent and I always hate to see someone leave.
I love Katharine but I think her "fame" has gone to her head. I guess my favorite would probably be Chris.

I'd hate to see Kevin leave. I agree that he doesn't have as much talent but he is so cute and seems to be so down to earth, in my opinion.

Felix
03-15-2006, 08:36 PM
To much of my surprise,Kevin is still in the competition :eek: Although I suspected Melissa to be in the bottom three because she couldnt remember her lyrics.I was shocked that Ace was standing there thou.Im SOOOO happy sweet Chris is still going strong.YAY! :D

joanofark
03-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm happy about who left!!!! I was so glad when Kevin was safe! And I was VERY happy about Ace being in the bottom three, even though he didn't get the boot (Sorry to anyone who likes him;)) YAY!!

CagneyDog
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention Mandisa.
She's probably my favorite out of all of them. She just seems so original and comfortable with being herself.

RobiLee
03-15-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm disappointed that Melissa got kicked off. I like her personality and I like her voice. I can't believe that Kevin wasn't even in the bottom 3. I just can't believe that at this level others are leaving before him. I was shocked that Ace was in the bottom three. I had the feeling that every one liked him.

I have quite a few favorites and it is just going to kill me when one of them has to go. At this point I hate seeing any one get kicked off though. I just hate seeing the hurt on their faces. Although, I think I could handle it ok if it were to be Kevin next week...lol ;) :p

Lobodeb
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I have to agree with Robin. I liked Melissa and I loved her voice. Kevin should have gone long before her, but I knew she was a longshot. I totally disagree with the bottom 3. Lisa Tucker? That girl could sing the phone book. I think it was the arrangement of her song that I didn't like. How many times could she say, "signed sealed delivered?"

rosethecopycat
03-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I think it was the arrangement of her song that I didn't like. How many times could she say, "signed sealed delivered?"

Exactly. That was a weak song. We were worried about her, and when she got called out, I thought my husband was going to be right, for once.

But, they crucified Melissa for breaking the cardinal rule, as I suspected.

anna_66
03-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I have to say I'm very surprised about the bottom 3 and even more surprised that Melissa was the one who ended up leaving. I really loved her voice.

beeniesmom
03-16-2006, 08:16 AM
I knew Melissa was going to go.... were you guys really that surprised?

I think Kevin is next and then Lisa.

I was not surprised to see Ace in the bottom 3.

Someone had to be there. It could have been anyone.

I think our top 3 are:

Chris
Katherine
Taylor

pitc9
03-16-2006, 09:24 AM
I think our top 3 are:

Chris
Katherine
Taylor

I agree 100%!! Those are going to be the last three left in the end!!

dogzr#1
03-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I was kinda surprised to see Lisa in the bottom three. I really like her. I don't like Ace at all. I don't know why but I just want him to go. He looks like a camera hog. Like he's there only for the camera. I like Kevin even though his voice isn't all that great. He is just so darn cute.

I love Chris. He has a really strong voice and he sounds really good.
My three favorite girls are: Paris, Lisa, and Mandisa.
My three favorite guys are: Chris, Elliot, and Taylor.

I am kinda glad that Melissa went home. I had guessed either her, Kevin or Bucky would go home.
Again surprised to see Lisa in the bottom three.

AlleyCat
03-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I still say:

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
I didn't really like Melissa, although she did have a great voice. I want to see Chris and Katherine fighting for the win. :D

Dixieland Dancer
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
I was surprised that Kevin wasn't in the bottom 3 but I had a strong feeling Melissa was the one going. I'm not an Ace fan but I was surprised he was in the bottom 3. Lisa definitely didn't deserve to be there.

All of the remaining contestants are very talented and I find myself enjoying all of there performances.

I believe of all the judges, Simon understands what is going on more than the others even though he is tactless.

rosethecopycat
03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
I believe of all the judges, Simon understands what is going on more than the others even though he is tactless.

True enough.

krazyaboutkatz
03-18-2006, 10:18 PM
I've really been enjoying watching AI this season.:) My favorite male performers are Chris and Taylor and my favorite female performers are Katherine and Mandisa. Ace does nothing for me and Kevin is cute but I don't think that he's got what it takes to win. I was shocked that Kevin wasn't in the bottom 3 and that Lisa was.

*iluvskipper*
03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
lol yeah kellie pickler is good. i wanted this other guy to win i think his name was Bucky or something. oh well . . . . . .

Felix
03-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Wow! :eek: Chris blew me away with his performance tonight,loved his version of "walk the line"...he sure Rocks My World! :o GO CHRIS GO! :)

Mandisa was HOT tonight,she looked great and sounded awsome.

Buckey did ok,upbeat.

Katharine's performance was terrific.

Taylor keeps me dancing in my seat,hes so energetic.I love his upbeat attitude. :) Got to love his moves :p "Complete mess" *Shakes head* Oh Simon get with it! :rolleyes:

Kevin,well he should have been gone long ago.Sorry Kevin lovers,but I dont think he's got what it takes.All the girlies love him thou,hehehe.

Lisa performed ok,didn't WOW me thou.

Paris was awsome as usual,such a sweetie she is.

Ace was ok,Pretty boy is back. ;)

Elliott got a certian something,I liked his performance.

I was never a fan of Pickler's,but I enjoyed her performance tonight.

Rie Rie
03-22-2006, 08:25 AM
I think the song Kelly sang was perfect for her, but I don't think she has what it takes to get to the end. In the end, it will be Chris, and either Katherine or Mandisa. Chris has the whole package, he's sooo HOT!!!!

Lobodeb
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Wow! :eek: Chris blew me away with his performance tonight,loved his version of "walk the line"...he sure Rocks My World! :o GO CHRIS GO! :)

Mandisa was HOT tonight,she looked great and sounded awsome.

Buckey did ok,upbeat.

Katharine's performance was terrific.

Taylor keeps me dancing in my seat,hes so energetic.I love his upbeat attitude. :) Got to love his moves :p "Complete mess" *Shakes head* Oh Simon get with it! :rolleyes:

Kevin,well he should have been gone long ago.Sorry Kevin lovers,but I dont think he's got what it takes.All the girlies love him thou,hehehe.

Lisa performed ok,didn't WOW me thou.

Paris was awsome as usual,such a sweetie she is.

Ace was ok,Pretty boy is back. ;)

Elliott got a certian something,I liked his performance.

I was never a fan of Pickler's,but I enjoyed her performance tonight.

I agree 100% with what you said. My bottom 3 this week are Bucky, Lisa and Kevin. I hate to say it, but I think Bucky might be the one to go.

And votefortheworst.com is ruining this competition!

beeniesmom
03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Forget about the contestants.....

What the *#&# was Paula on last night? :eek:

She has been making a total fool of herself.

Did you hear the comment "Oh Bucky you picked the right song... and then a few minutes later, you should've picked a better song...??? Wha?

I wonder what she was drinking? I guess she had vodka in her Coke cup.
Her eyes were all glazed too and she was just really loopy.

I know she's probably on pain meds but I really think they should take her off the show.... I mean kids watch this. Really not a good example.

AlleyCat
03-22-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL
I didn't notice anything about Paula, but I had been wondering how many "happy pills" Simon took yesterday :) He was WAYYY too nice for a change! :)

Lobodeb
03-22-2006, 11:05 AM

Did you hear the comment "Oh Bucky you picked the right song... and then a few minutes later, you should've picked a better song...??? Wha?

I know she's probably on pain meds but I really think they should take her off the show.... I mean kids watch this. Really not a good example.

You hit the nail right on the head, Carmen! I totally forgot she was acting like such a dope, but you're right. She's definitly on something. She said nine times that they should be recording/touring, etc. last night. I often wonder why she's on the show in the first place. She's not the best singer out there, to my knowledge she doesn't produce, etc.

On the radio this morning, she told someone the reason she's so loopy is because Simon whispers random things in her ear as the contestants are singing, like "what's the price of beans." Now, I consider myself to have a pretty good sense of humor, but that comment doesn't exactly move me to loopiness. Maybe Paula is a little more easy to amuse. :rolleyes:

caseysmom
03-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I thought Paula was acting strange too, my daughter didn't notice it. I do like her and use to love her music, I think that panel needs someone who is always positive so it won't get too brutal on the contestants and lets face it her and simon fighting is part of the whole show.

By the way I LOVED Chris last night.

pitc9
03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't care for Kelly, but thought she sounded good last night.
Chicken Little.... I hope last night was his last... I always turn the channel when he sings. I can't stand to watch him, it's painfull!!!!
I love Chris, he R-O-C-K-E-D last night! Did I mention that I love him? :D
Kathrine was Perfect!
Taylor, I love him, but didn't care for the song. He could have done a lot better.
I didn't notice Paula's weirdness. My hubby would switch the channel the second they were done singing to watch a TV show he was trying to watch. :rolleyes: So I never even heard what any of them said about the songs. :mad:

Felix
03-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I noticed that Paula looked and acted a little in the clouds lastnight too,this is not my first time noticing it,even in the other seasons there were times her eyes were highly glossed and her words were out of wack.I'll just say...Hmmm.

elizabethann
03-22-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL
I didn't notice anything about Paula, but I had been wondering how many "happy pills" Simon took yesterday :) He was WAYYY too nice for a change! :)

He was being so nice. Maybe it was because his girlfriend was in the audience. :D

I think Lisa is gone tonight.

beeniesmom
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I think Lisa is gone tonight.

me too.

krazyaboutkatz
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I think that the bottom 3 should be Kevin, Bucky, and Lisa. Once again Chris rocked last night and he's still my favorite. :) I tried to vote for him last night but I couldn't ever get through. :( I don't have a cell phone so I was just using my regular phone. I tried until 11:50pm but still no luck. :( Is it always so difficult to get through? This was the first time that I've tried to vote.

anna_66
03-22-2006, 11:39 AM

As I said earlier this is the first time I've watched the whole show and goodness, was she always like that? I really like her and she tries to say something nice about them all, but she needs to tone it down a bit!

That said, I'm fearing that last night was Bucky's last performance (although I hope not because I do like him), but I'm really hoping it's Lisa that goes home.

Of course I loved Chris, Katharine they are my favorites. But so many of them did good last night it was hard to pick which one I liked the best.
Looking forward to see who's next voted off tonight.

elizabethann
03-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I think that the bottom 3 should be Kevin, Bucky, and Lisa. Once again Chris rocked last night and he's still my favorite. :) I tried to vote for him last night but I couldn't ever get through. :( I don't have a cell phone so I was just using my regular phone. I tried until 11:50pm but still no luck. :( Is it always so difficult to get through? This was the first time that I've tried to vote.

I voted for the first time last week - Taylor. I got through after hitting the redial button 20+ times. I was happy but then I thought, that's not a good sign. I was able to get through. Does that mean nobody's voting for him? But he made it through last week. I was too tired :eek: to get up and get my phone last night (sad excuse) so I didn't vote last night. :)

joanofark
03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I have to say, I don't really like Johnny Cash that much but,I LOOOOOOVED Chris's version of 'Walk The Line'!! :D:D:D:eek:

I hope Ace goes........ QUICK. I found myself literally holding my ears at the end of his song. I'm surprised my window didn't break!! He can't sing AND I don't think he's that cute. :rolleyes:

Kater
03-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Paula has some health issues which explain her sometimes erratic behavior. She is such a nice person and I hate to see people misunderstanding her.
Here is a link about it, and I'm sure there is a lot elsewhere on the web: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-05-11-abdul-pain_x.htm

I actually fell asleep watching Idol this week. Probably had more to do with me than the show...but anyway, I'm still a KATHARINE fan!! The quality of her voice is amazing. I loved her hair this week - so stunning!

Lobodeb
03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
[font=century gothic]Paula has some health issues which explain her sometimes erratic behavior. She is such a nice person and I hate to see people misunderstanding her.
Here is a link about it, and I'm sure there is a lot elsewhere on the web: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-05-11-abdul-pain_x.htm

Great, now I feel bad! Thanks a lot Kater! ;) j/k

Actually, thank you for educating us (me). Actually, I do feel bad.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
I think that Lisa, Kevin & Bucky will be in the bottom three tonight. I love Chris and Katherine. I can't wait for the results!

prechrswife
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I agree with those who think this week's bottom three will be Bucky, Lisa, and Kevin. I thought the best performances last night were by Chris, Mandisa, and Paris.

RedHedd
03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I think that the bottom 3 should be Kevin, Bucky, and Lisa. Once again Chris rocked last night and he's still my favorite. :) I tried to vote for him last night but I couldn't ever get through. :( I don't have a cell phone so I was just using my regular phone. I tried until 11:50pm but still no luck. :( Is it always so difficult to get through? This was the first time that I've tried to vote. Yes, it can be difficult to get through. I texted my votes on my cell to my faves and then tried for 15 minutes to vote on the regular phone. Got through about half the time.

My bottom two are Kevin and Bucky and, sorry Ace, you're cute, but your vocals just haven't rocked my boat lately.

Chris, Mandisa, Katharine are my faves. Taylor bugs me - reminds me of Joe Cocker with his herky-jerky dance moves. I LOVE little Kellie, but her vocals aren't that strong. Her cuteness will carry her for a while longer.

I'm just a bit ticked because Lost's new episode tonight is going to conflict with the American Idol results, so I'll be flipping channels during the commercial breaks!

dogzr#1
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I agree with everyone else's bottom three: Kevin, Bucky, and Lisa.
My favorites from last night were Chris, Mandisa and Paris.
Chris always changes the songs to become his own. I loved his version of Walk the Line.

Mandisa just has a wonderful voice! My parents and I think she would make a good gospel singer.

Paris's normal talking voice is so sweet and high pitched but when she sings, she sounds like a professional. I really like her.

I kinda hope Ace goes. I really don't like him.

Kellie Pickler is cute and all but her voice isn't all that great. same thing with Kevin.

Lobodeb
03-22-2006, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=dogzr#1]Kellie Pickler is cute and all but her voice isn't all that great.QUOTE]

My hubby thinks she's faking the whole dumb blonde southern thing. :rolleyes:

Anyone else feel that way?

joanofark
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
My hubby thinks she's faking the whole dumb blonde southern thing. :rolleyes:

Anyone else feel that way?

At times, it does seem like that....:rolleyes:

"Yeah, I got new eyelashes, they feel like tarantulas!" haha:p:rolleyes:

HollandLoppy89
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
The girls haven't interested me at all this year. The only people I seem to like are the guys.
#1 is taylor. My favorites are Taylor, chris, elliot, and ace.

joanofark
03-22-2006, 08:34 PM
*sobs* :(:( My little Kevin is gone tonight.... oh well he just wasn't A.I. material and I knew he wasn't going to make it much farther. :'( *Cries hysterically* (:(.......;))

GO CHRIS!!!!!!!!

Felix
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
At this stage in the competition its hard to see people leave,but I think America made the right choice tonight.Kevin didnt have what it takes.

Yay! For Chris :o :D

Flatcoatluver
03-22-2006, 11:22 PM
lol I am watching american Idol right now!!! lol just found out by you guys that Kevin went away. good to know because I have to take a shower now and miss it. lol

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Finally the results show was on! I wasn't surprised about the bottom three, or that Kevin left. We'll see how well the rest of them sing next week. :p

krazyaboutkatz
03-23-2006, 01:08 AM
I was so glad to see that Kevin got voted off tonight.:) I found out what I was doing wrong when I was trying to vote last night. I was dialing 1-866-IDOL-04 and I was supposed to be dialing 1-866-IDOLS-04. I feel so embarrassed right now.:o

elizabethann
03-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Poor Kevin. He looked so sad last night. Paris looked shocked when he was voted off. I think Lisa should have gone before him though.

Any Ace fans here? I really can't stand him and will throw a parade when he gets voted off. If he stares into the camera with his puppy dog eyes one more time, I'm going to puke. :D I just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now. Oh, and he can't sing....relys on his falsetto. :D

Anybody know what type of songs they'll be singing next week? :D

Lobodeb
03-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Any Ace fans here? I really can't stand him and will throw a parade when he gets voted off. If he stares into the camera with his puppy dog eyes one more time, I'm going to puke. :D

I felt that way last year about Constantine! :p Ugh! ;)

I can't say I'm sorry to see Kevin gone. Now votefortheworst.com is going after Kellie. I don't think she needs the help, I think Lisa does. She's next, IMO.

pitc9
03-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Yiippee!!! Chicken Little is GONE!!!!

zoomer
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Taylor is AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWESOME!

joanofark
03-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Poor Kevin. He looked so sad last night. Paris looked shocked when he was voted off. I think Lisa should have gone before him though.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!

Any Ace fans here? I really can't stand him and will throw a parade when he gets voted off. If he stares into the camera with his puppy dog eyes one more time, I'm going to puke. :D I just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now. Oh, and he can't sing....relys on his falsetto.

OMGosh! YES! I can't stand him!!! I ussually try not to listen when he sings, too.....:mad: :D *PUKES*

BC_MoM
03-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Yiippee!!! Chicken Little is GONE!!!!

He has a lot of talent.. and was a cutie!

beeniesmom
03-23-2006, 01:07 PM
I really thought Lisa was going to go before Lil chicken man.

pitc9
03-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I really thought Lisa was going to go before Lil chicken man.

I'm sure she'll be next!! I liked her in the begining, but she's become to showy... like she belongs back on Broadway.
(for those that don't know, she was in the Lion King on broadway when she was 10)

Flatcoatluver
03-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm sure she'll be next!! I liked her in the begining, but she's become to showy... like she belongs back on Broadway.
(for those that don't know, she was in the Lion King on broadway when she was 10)
oh really!!! I didn't know that!! But now it finally starting to make alot of sence.

Felix
03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Was it just me or were the judges harsh tonight?

I liked the way Chris rocked out tonight,thats what he's all about.http://bestsmileys.com/love1/5.gif I Love you Chris!http://bestsmileys.com/love1/5.gif

Mandisa done a good job.

Paris was awsome tonight,she made me wanna dance!http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/12.gif

Elliot was good!Theres something about him that I like.

CagneyDog
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
What is the song theme for tonight?

joanofark
03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! 2 WORDS!!!!!

Chris Rocked!!!!!!!!!

He was awesome tonight I loved the song and all!!!!

Accually, Ace did ok for me this time (I didn't have to hold my ears for once ;)).

I like Elliot's also (Mostly because I love the song).

And Paris sounded good.

Not my best for Taylor though.

Lisa and Mandisa didn't do that great IMHO.

Kelly's was ok, it was cute.

Katherine didn't really stand out that much.

Bucky, eh ok.

I think Lisa should be kicked off this time.....

I missed lil' chicken man :( ;);):p

joanofark
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
What is the song theme for tonight?

Music from the 21st century :)

prechrswife
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Mandisa was definitely my favorite tonight. :)

christa
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I always just love Chris . . . maybe becuase he's the *rocker* . . . (I loved Bo last season!) . . .

The others . . .

Mandisa was great, she could sing just about anything and be great but she can definitely sing spirituals! Now we know that! --> I wasn't surprised that the judges were turned off by that song though. :rolleyes:

Paris . . . that song got on my nerves. I think Simon was right about her being a little girl trying to act like a woman. That song & those moves were way too much for her. :eek:

Ace is just adorable . . . not much more to say about him. :)

Loved Elliot's song . . . and I thought his dancing was way cute! I always love hearing him sing though!

Taylor . . . he is usually one of my favs but I think that I like him so much for his "performances" and not just his vocals . . . I realized that tonight when he didn't perform and just sang.

Katherine . . . they think she sounds better than Christina? LOL Okay . . . I seriously think sometimes they TRY to sway the votes! No way! I don't even really think she's that good . . . am I crazy?

I think it will be between Lisa & Bucky tomorrow night. I won't mind if either one gets the boot.

elizabethann
03-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Here are my reviews from last night: :D

Mandissa - I think she hurt her chances with a gospel song. Yes she can sing but there are alot of people out there who will be turned off. Me for one.

Paris - I acually liked Paris and thought she was good. "Thank Ewe". ;)

Ace - ugh...why does he sing to the camera? Has he forgotten there's a breathing audience in front of him. Get over yourself already! To be honest, I can't concentrate on his singing because he gives me the willies. :eek: I hope he gets voted out tonight.

Elliott - Wow! Awesome!

Taylor - he's still my man. Great vocals. I think he did awesome.

Katherine - I thought she was just okay. I wasn't "wowed".

Chris - Boy he can sing but I got a sense he wasn't too happy with the judges comments last night.

krazyaboutkatz
03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
My favorite is still Chris. He rocked and I was finally able to vote for him last night.:) I think that Lisa, Kelly, and Bucky will be in the bottome three. I'd like to see either Bucky or Lisa go because I really like Kelly's personality.

Lobodeb
03-29-2006, 12:02 PM
My turn!!! :D

Lisa: Next to go. That was terrible.

Taylor: I liked it. It was nice to hear him sing and not do the whole "head tilt, let the music move you" bit. Granted I like him for that. I thought it was a nice change.

Bucky: I actually liked it. Not a vocally challenging song, but he sang it well.

Chris: A little too loud for me. I would have like to hear him sing a slower Creed song. He still did good though.

Kellie: There were so many better songs she could have picked. I wasn't impressed. She's starting to sound nasaly to me.

Ace: Does anyone watch Amateur Night at the Appolo? Can you say WAP WAP!! That was painful. Cute or not, that was aweful.

Mandesa: I felt like she was oversinging. Wasn't feeling the whole gospel thing, and I like gospel music.

Paris: YOU GO GIRL!! I loved her performance. If Simon thinks 17 year old girls don't dance that way, he's obviously out of touch. I've seen 10 year old girls dance that way.

Katherine: Sorry, I didn't like it.

Elliot: Ok, nothing special.

Did I forget anyone?

My bottom 3: Lisa, Kellie and Mandesa

My vote to go: Lisa

RedHedd
03-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Lisa: Wasn't too bad.

Taylor: I liked it. It was nice to hear him sing and not do his Joe Cocker jerky moves.

Bucky: I liked it - I like that song and there's something about him I like too, but I don't think he'll last too much longer; his vocals aren't strong enough.

Chris: Simon was right. I love his performances, but I need to see something different.

Kellie: I like her, just wish she would sing something more challenging to show some range.

Ace: He always looks absolutely terrified to be up on stage. He may be a good singer, but he has to get over his nervousness if he wants to last much longer.

Mandisa: I didn't like that song at all. It sounded out of tune or something. I didn't vote for her at all this week.

Paris: Was the best of the night.

Katherine: Sounded way too sharp during the whole song. I was amazed the judges praised her the way they did. She had an off night to my ears last night, but I voted for her anyway.

Elliot: He bugs me - don't know what it is. Nice voice; awful teeth, bad hair.

Did I forget anyone?

My bottom 3: Bucky, Ace, Lisa.

My vote to go: Probably Bucky, but could be any of my bottom three.

Lobodeb
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Lisa: Wasn't too bad.

Taylor: I liked it. It was nice to hear him sing and not do his Joe Cocker jerky moves.

Bucky: I liked it - I like that song and there's something about him I like too, but I don't think he'll last too much longer; his vocals aren't strong enough.

Chris: Simon was right. I love his performances, but I need to see something different.

Kellie: I like her, just wish she would sing something more challenging to show some range.

Ace: He always looks absolutely terrified to be up on stage. He may be a good singer, but he has to get over his nervousness if he wants to last much longer.

Mandisa: I didn't like that song at all. It sounded out of tune or something. I didn't vote for her at all this week.

Paris: Was the best of the night.

Katherine: Sounded way too sharp during the whole song. I was amazed the judges praised her the way they did. She had an off night to my ears last night, but I voted for her anyway.

Elliot: He bugs me - don't know what it is. Nice voice; awful teeth, bad hair.

Did I forget anyone?

My bottom 3: Bucky, Ace, Lisa.

My vote to go: Probably Bucky, but could be any of my bottom three.

PLAGERISM!!!! ;) j/k

RedHedd
03-29-2006, 12:47 PM
PLAGERISM!!!! ;) j/k Actually just laziness! :p

cali
03-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I am obviously in minority here but I like Ace lol he does tend to look awful nervus on stage though.

Lisa-I liked it, I did not thing it was that bad.

Kellie-I liked it lol I love the song so I really enjoyed the preformance, I am rooting for her to be in the top 3

Taylor-I really like him, and last nights vocals were really good, but he is loosing his inviduality, his crazyness is his appeal and last night he blended right in with everyone else.

Bucky-how in heavens name he even got into the top 12 over gedeon is beyond me, I will be happy when he's gone.

Elliot-good singer but he looks like a monkey and it bugs me lol

Mandisa-fabulous singer, but lasts night preformace was BAD lol

Katherine-sorry never liked her from the start her voice is so annoying.

Ace-good singer, needs to relax

Chris-I really like him but we need a break from the hard rock type songs lol

Paris-LOVE her lol her and Kellie are my favorites, her voice is so strong, its great.

my picks for bottom 3:

Mandisa, Bucky, Elliot

joanofark
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Elliot-good singer but he looks like a monkey and it bugs me lol

*Snort**Raises hand* lol, I agree :p

Roxyluvsme13
03-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Katherine is in the BOTTOM THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Me=Total Shock..about to die. :p
Ace is in the bottom 3, too though :D.

CagneyDog
03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Katherine is in the BOTTOM THREE

Oh my god. :eek:
I didn't think that would ever happen

Felix
03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
First Of all Id like to say my sweetie Chris is SAFE again tonight.Yay! Go Chris Go! :o :D

I enjoyed Shakira's performance,it was awsome!

I can't believe Katherine was in the bottom three :eek: ,I thought for sure it was going to be Bucky in her place.

I suspected that Lisa was the next to go.

christa
03-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Oh my god. :eek:
I didn't think that would ever happen

:D I was sooooooo happy that Katherine was in the bottom 3!!! They give that girl way too much credit . . . saying last night that she sounded better than Christina? OMG! I'm glad that Simon took it back tonight! It must really sound different on TV! I mean, she's OK but they were really pushing her and I didn't think she was all that great. Anyway, maybe tonight will give her a wakeup call . . . now she won't think of herself as a shoe-in.

CagneyDog
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
:D I was sooooooo happy that Katherine was in the bottom 3!!! They give that girl way too much credit . . . saying last night that she sounded better than Christina? OMG! I'm glad that Simon took it back tonight! It must really sound different on TV! I mean, she's OK but they were really pushing her and I didn't think she was all that great. Anyway, maybe tonight will give her a wakeup call . . . now she won't think of herself as a shoe-in.

I think she is a good singer but she is -wayyyyy- to stuck up.

Man, the judges were just awful last night.

christa
03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I think she is a good singer but she is -wayyyyy- to stuck up.

Man, the judges were just awful last night.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying . . . she needed a wake up call. Now she knows that just because the judges want her in (that's what it seems) . . . that's not how the game goes.

The judges were moody last night but to be honest, they didn't have much to work with. Maybe everyone just had their nerves turned on high last night or something. There wasn't really one person that blew me away last night, which was a first. I hope next week is better!

CagneyDog
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
The judges were moody last night but to be honest, they didn't have much to work with. Maybe everyone just had their nerves turned on high last night or something. There wasn't really one person that blew me away last night, which was a first. I hope next week is better!

I agree last night was bad, I actually shut it off for awhile. There wasn't anyone exceptional, but I did like Mandisa's performence. She is probably my favorite.
I thought Lisa and Chris had really bad peformences. Lisa just sounded awful and I thought Chris's was a bit to harsh (but that's probably just me) :p

Roxyluvsme13
03-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Just curious if anybody heard the Kellie Pickler quote?
She didn't actually say this but someone said she would say:
"How can I sing a song that's not even been written yet?"
(21st century theme...:rolleyes: )

ETA:Chicken Little is going to be on Fox News tonight. :D

Lobodeb
03-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Katherine needed to be in the bottom 3. She wasn't good. I'm glad she didn't go, though. Shed is a good singer, just had a bad night.

Bye Lisa!

I'm anxious to see how Chris can rock out a country song next week. This is Kellie's and Bucky's time to shine.

rosethecopycat
04-01-2006, 06:53 AM
I want to let you know that my husband, Chris is playing solo piano for Kevin Kovias on a taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show filmed here in Orlando at Universal Studios.

It probably will air this coming Tuesday.

My husband will have a private, catered dressing room.
That's a big step up from having to change clothes in the restrooms, which we frequently have to do.

(Please ignore all those things I said about Kevin- they are not true anymore :p )

joanofark
04-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I want to let you know that my husband, Chris is playing solo piano for Kevin Kovias on a taping of the Ellen DeGeneres show filmed here in Orlando at Universal Studios.

It probably will air this coming Tuesday.

My husband will have a private, catered dressing room.
That's a big step up from having to change clothes in the restrooms, which we frequently have to do.

(Please ignore all those things I said about Kevin- they are not true anymore :p )

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh COOL! :D :p Congrats to you and your husband!! So did you get to meet him??:)

rosethecopycat
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
My husband said the show taping went smoothly, and Kevin was easy to follow and that he was nice.

More details later, I haven't seen my husband since Friday night.

Felix
04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
The performances I enjoyed tonight were...of course Chris :p I LOVE you Chris :o ,Elliot,and although im not pickles biggest fan I think she done ok tonight.The rest were kinda boring for me.

rosethecopycat
04-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Tonight was interesting. The people I think need to go, did pretty well. Namely, Ace, Bucky and Pickler.

I think the ones who are vulnerable are: Taylor, Mandisa, and Elliot.
My husband thinks that it's: Paris, Taylor, and Bucky.

I'm learning that the general population isn't as fond of Elliot and Mandisa as we are.

Lobodeb
04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Here I go again. :rolleyes:

Taylor: hmmmm, nothing special. A little disappointed.

Mandisa: Shania Twain? Nah, didn't work for me.

Ace: Not bad, actually.

Elliot: I liked it. I liked the way he made it his own.

Kellie: I thought she did well. I didn't like how she said town, though.

Paris: Difficult song to sing, but very pitchy.

Chris: WILL YOU MARRY ME? It was nice to see something different. I was hoping that he'd sing that song by Marc Chestnut, Don't Want To Close My Eyes. Aerosmith also did it.

Katherine: Nothing special.

Bucky: Ummm, I didn't understand a word he said.

My bottom 3: Mandisa, Ace and Bucky.

Time for Bucky to go.

rosethecopycat
04-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Nice calls, Lobodeb.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Bucky left on Country night?

elizabethann
04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
My turn! My turn! :D

Taylor: Ouch...he was bad.

Mandisa: Double ouch...stick to gospel.

Ace: Very surprising..did okay AND he didn't hog the camera with his puppy dog eyes.

Elliot: I liked it too.

Kellie: Awesome...but that's her forte.

Paris: Didn't do anything for me.

Chris: It was okay...nothing special.

Katherine: I think I switched channels and missed her whole performance so I can't critique it.

Bucky: I thought he was good.

Based on last nights performance, my bottom 3 would be:

Mandissa, Bucky and this one hurts me....Taylor.

But I think it's time for Bucky to go because he hasn't been 100% on his "game" throughout the competition.

:)

christa
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Taylor: Living so close to WV, I LOVED the song, loved him singing it. He's always one of my favs.

Mandisa: She REALLY should have chose more wisely. I think *country nite* is gonna hurt Miss Mandisa!

Ace: Loved it! I think this will get Ace out of the bottom 3 . . . this week anyway. I hope he keeps this up.

Elliot: Loved it! I thought it was a great vocal! He has such an interesting range!

Kellie: She has a really great country voice (duh) . . . but I REALLY wish she'd put some EXPRESSION on her cute little face while she sings!!! She has such a blank look!!!

Paris: Well, we know that she would never sing country so . . . I guess I'll let her off the hook . . . *gag* . . . sorry Paris . . . better luck next week and hope this didn't hurt you too much. BTW, Simon was WAY off base with his remarks! He was just trying to get a rise out of Paula!

Chris: I LOVED it!!! He is so sexy & to see him singing that slow song . . . he's always been my FAV . . . no doubts now!

Katherine: Simon was right . . . that was wierd.

Bucky: I thought it was funny when Kenny Rogers told him that it was important to annunciate every word in a song like that and then even *I* couldn't understand him and I've heard that song a million times. :rolleyes:

My bottom three: Mandisa, Paris, Bucky

Who do I think deserves to GO? Bucky

Bye bye Bucky. :(

Hopefully it won't be a total upset :eek:

joanofark
04-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Chris and Paris were the BEST!!

Katherine was ok.

Kellie shined!!

I loved the song Taylor did! but wasn't his best...

Mandisa, Elliot, Ace, and Bucky.-- ick!

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I think that Taylor,Mandisa, and Paris weren't good at all.

Even though I don't like country, I thought that Kelly, Chris, Elliot, and Ace were pretty good.

Bucky was just okay and I couldn't understand a thing he said either.

Katherine sang well but she did pick a weird song.

I think that Mandisa,Bucky, and Paris will be in the bottom three. I also agree that Bucky should go but he probably won't this week because of all of the country fans.:rolleyes:

RedHedd
04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Taylor: Ouch...he was bad. Where's the REAL Taylor?

Mandisa: Didn't do it for me and who put her in STRIPES! Yipes!

Ace: Buh-bye, Ace. It's time to go.

Elliot: What a surprise! I liked it a lot.

Kellie: Cute. I knew she'd do well this week.

Paris: FINALLY, she's looking like a star and not a 9 year old. I liked her singing too.

Chris: Loved it!

Katherine: Voted for her too.

Bucky: I thought he was good.

Based on last night's performance, my bottom 3 would be:

Ace, Mandisa and Taylor.

It's time for Ace to go

.sarah
04-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Taylor - What was that? That performance left me with a blank look on my face.

Mandisa - Ruined a very neat song. There are plenty of country songs that she could have done that would have fit her voice better.

Elliot - Not bad, but still not as good as I thought he'd be.

Chris - Pretty good, but could've done better. Song choice was good.

Kellie - She didn't "wow" me but she was most definetly the best of the night.

Bucky - I thought he was good. I could understand what he was saying but then again I love that song, so that could be why.

Katharine - Wow, she is really starting to act cocky. Total turnoff. Vocals - they were pretty good ... I hate that song though.

Paris - Not bad, but not good either.

Ace - Much better than I expected, but I still can't stand the guy. He's way too into himself.

Bottom three - Taylor, Mandisa, and Katharine, Bucky or Ace (no I can't decide ... everyone pretty much sucked equally last night!!).

Going home - ??? I really can't decide who I think is going home tonight. I HOPE it's Ace, but I think he stepped it up a notch last night and will be staying.

jazzcat
04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I didn't just love anyone last night (I really don't like country music) but I think it's way past time for Bucky to go. I hope Kellie Pickler isn't far behind.

Sorry, but like I said I REALLY don't like country music.

Chris and Elliot were about the only ones I didn't have to fast forward through.

joanofark
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

OK, Mandisa did suck last night but I didn't think she would get voted off!!!!!! I'm not that dissapointed though..

I also think that Paris didn't deserve to be part of the bottom 3...

caseysmom
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
:mad:
I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread,,,,it doesn't start for 45 minutes now I know what happened

rosethecopycat
04-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Mandisa was one of my top 4 faves.

It's a shame that Bucky survives and she is gone.

I tell you what, next week, the music of Queen will really separate the real singers from the crowd!

Who will do Queen well? Elliot.

.sarah
04-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Kind of surprised that Mandisa went. Though she was the worst one last night IMO.

pnance
04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Mandesa was one of my favorite. I agree she did bad last night but I think others should have gone first. I have to agree that Queen songs are going to really difficult for some of them.

.sarah
04-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Funny, this season started out really good. Everyone seemed so talented. Lately, everyone is just "ok" and I'm getting pretty bored with the show.

Though I don't think it's fair that Bucky, Kellie, and Ace have stuck around while Lisa and Mandisa went home. They are both far more talented then the other three ever will be.

Flatcoatluver
04-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I am so angry!! Mandesa was my favorite now who am i gonna vote for next week?

nicanc724
04-06-2006, 02:00 AM
i started watching AI but i haven't seen the last couple of episodes.....

Daisy and Delilah
04-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Mandisa may be gone from Idol but I expect to see great things from her in the future. What a beautiful, gracious, lady she is. Good luck Mandisa!! :)

elizabethann
04-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Mandisa may be gone from Idol but I expect to see great things from her in the future. What a beautiful, gracious, lady she is. Good luck Mandisa!! :)

I agree. She my be the new Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston.

:)

christa
04-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Wow . . . I just am in such shock about the results. I mean, she was horrible and everything, totally butchered that S. Twain song, but I really thought she'd have more of a fan base than that. She's been awesome up until now, she can sing circles around just about anyone in the competition. Not saying she's my fav . . . Just that she shouldn't have gone - especially before bucky :eek: . . . Wow . . .

I'm sure that this won't be the end for her though . . . she's probably already been signed . . . which is probably the best thing for her.

pitc9
04-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I too am in shock that she's gone, but I am glad Paris was in the bottom 3. She needs to realize that she's not all that. :p
Elliot... oh I just love his voice. I don't know why he was in the bottom 3, yeah he's not the easiest on the eyes... ;) but he sounds great!
I'm still waiting for Ace to go Bye Bye!!
Go CHRIS!!! love ya Babe! :D

Lobodeb
04-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Elliot... oh I just love his voice. I don't know why he was in the bottom 3, yeah he's not the easiest on the eyes... ;) but he sounds great!

He does look better with the goatee, doesn't he?

It wasn't Mandisa's time. She wasn't going to win, but in my perfect world, she would have been in the top 4.

I didn't know Queen had that many hits to do so next week should be interesting.

joanofark
04-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Also... wasn't is CRUEL how Ryan goes something like,

"The person leaving and going home tonight is Elliot............... You are SAFE!"

:mad: Gawsh!! :p

RedHedd
04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Mandisa will be busy I'm sure. As one of the top 10, she will be on tour with the Idols this summer. Like Diana DiGarmo (sp?) who has a great career on broadway right now, Mandisa is going to be around for a LONG time. She is beautiful and can sure belt out a tune.

Roxyluvsme13
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I was honestly hoping it was Paris...I mean she can sing and everything, but isn't she the one with the aunt who's the famous singer? I really don't think she ever needed AI. She could have easily gotten a record contract....I'm really sad that Mandisa got voted off. She was one of my top 5, and Bucky totally should have gone before her...I'm really disappointed in American and AI

elizabethann
04-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I can't believe Mandisa went before Bucky & Ace!!! I was shocked & disappointed.

:(

beeniesmom
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I don't know why but I am starting to like Bucky. He sand well for country night. I didn't expect Mandisa to go so soon ... actually thought Paris was going to get the boot (she was out of tune most of the song).

prechrswife
04-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I was disappointed that Mandisa was voted off. I agree that this week was not her best, but it was still too soon.

jazzcat
04-06-2006, 10:54 PM

Oh I totally agree!!! I love his voice and I especially loved when he sang Moody's Mood for Love - that was AWESOME!!!! Can you believe my husband calls him Beaky Buzzard from Looney Tunes - shame on him. I don't care what he looks like, the boy can sing! Guess I need to start calling for him.

Still shocked and saddened that Mandisa is gone.

Lobodeb
04-06-2006, 10:56 PM
So, the latest rumor is that Mandisa was "asked to leave the show" because she is very openly anti-gay. :rolleyes:

If this is true, 1) why all the drama. Just come out and say that she is being asked to leave because of ________________. 2) What's wrong with having an opinion? If she feels this way, does that mean she can't be the American Idol? The key word is AMERICAN! Last time I checked, that meant freedom. Now, I'm not anti-gay, so please don't think I'm condoning her views, but geeze, can we not speak our minds anymore?

RobiLee
04-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I am a big fan of Elliot's also. I love his voice. I have voted for him the last two shows. I have never done that before either, but I'm so afraid that he is going to get kicked off because he isn't one of the "pretty people". Elliot, Taylor and Chris are my favs and I hope I hear lots more from them in the future.

RobiLee
04-06-2006, 11:02 PM
My husband said the show taping went smoothly, and Kevin was easy to follow and that he was nice.

More details later, I haven't seen my husband since Friday night.

I watched the Ellen show when Kevin was on. So was that your husband playing the piano? That's very cool. The camera showed him 2 or 3 times. Did hubby have a good time? Did he have time to enjoy Universal Studios. I love that place.

christa
04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
So what did you all think about tonight? Queen was the theme! :eek: That was a tough one!

My thoughts?

Bucky: Not bad.
Kellie: I thought she did an awesome job! Loved the look & the song!
Ace: I can't even remember what song he sang so it must not have been that great . . . he's still a cutie though. ;)
Taylor: YAY! TAYLOR'S BACK!!! AWESOME!!!
Elliot: LOVED IT!
Chris: Not surprising at all that he would do fantastic tonight! Wow! I dialed my finger off for him tonight!!!
Paris: I agree with Simon . . . that was wierd. :eek:
Katherine: Not bad.

My bottom three . . . Paris, Ace & Bucky.

I'd really like to see Bucky go. I just don't think he really deserves to be there. I don't really think he has the talent to be in it but for some reason he keeps getting to stay every week. Last week was such an upset though, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris or Taylor or Elliot are voted off, just because that's how this show seems to work! :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I thought they all did pretty good, but ugh I want Bucky and Ace off there >.<

prechrswife
04-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Someone please tell me how the show was tonight. Our cable was out all afternoon and evening. It came back on shortly after 9:00. :mad: (That meant no AI, no internet, no telephone... The downside of all-in-one service.)

Roxyluvsme13
04-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Someone please tell me how the show was tonight. Our cable was out all afternoon and evening. It came back on shortly after 9:00. :mad: (That meant no AI, no internet, no telephone... The downside of all-in-one service.)
Well, that sucks! As I said, I think everyone did pretty well..but can't go into details, because I was only paying half attention. :p

jazzcat
04-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I just finished calling in for Elliot. I think I got through about 25 times. It's the first time I've called this season but I'm worried he might get voted off and I really like him. I thought he did good tonight.

I agree with Christa, Bucky needs to go. He is way out of his league.

I was surprised that Kellie did as well as she did. I typically don't like her but she did well. Ace was a non-event singing We Will Rock You - YAWN!

dogzr#1
04-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Ok I'll try to comment on everyone.

Bucky- yea... needs to go. still can't believe that he didn't go before Mandisa.
Ace- also needs to go. stop the pretty boy act, and leave.
Kellie- sang well. she wore a little too much eyeliner/eyeshadow for me though.
Chris- as always sang VERY well. also oddly wore make-up (eyeshadow)
Taylor- back to the crazy Taylor self! I enjoyed the performance.
Katherine- liked it but was nothing special.
Elliot- Really liked it. I hope he doesn't get voted off.
Paris- Enjoyed it but didn't like the whole 'goth' look.

My bottom three: Bucky, Ace and Katherine.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I love Taylor, Kellie and Elliot in that order! Everyone did pretty good tonight! I liked the Queen thing minus how everyone was in goth like someone else mentioned!

My bottom 3:
Ace- I hate him! I don't want to even start going on about him it wont end!
Bucky- It's just time
Paris- Never liked her!Tonight's performance was weird!

elizabethann
04-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Okay, here is my expert analysis... :D :eek: :D :D :)

Bucky - I thought Bucky did great last night. He really is good when it's country/rock.
Ace - Helllooooo...earth to Ace...can you remember the words to the song? You really have to leave tonight. Please leave!!!
Kellie - Kellie was awesome!!! She did the song soooo well! I loved her look.
Chris - I didn't see him perform...but I heard him from the other room. I sort of liked his vocals but I was hoping for more out of him.
Taylor - I freaked out when I heard he was going to sing We Are the Champions but then he changed it to Crazy Little Thing Called Love and he did an excellent job! Simon missed the boat on that review.
Katherine - I thought it was great. I can see her on broadway.
Elliot - I liked it. He picked a really hard song to sing. I think he did good.
Paris - My, she's all grown up! I liked her performance.

Who I want to go tonight (and everynight since the show started): ACE!!!

Dixieland Dancer
04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Of all the shows to date, I thought last nights was the best. At first when I heard they would have to sing Queens songs, I thought that will never work but they all did good!

This is the first week I don't have a definite pick to be voted off. If I was pressed, it would be Ace. My favorite performance this week was Taylor. He jumped around perhaps a bit more than he needed to but his vocals and style for the song he sang were excellent!

Samantha Puppy
04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
What is next week's theme supposed to be?

krazyaboutkatz
04-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm a huge rock fan so I really enjoyed last nights "Queen Theme".:) I thought that most of them performed very well but I think that Ace was the worst and really needs to go. I also agree that Bucky is way out of his league and should be voted off very soon. Chris is still my favorite and he also performed well but I wish that he had picked a better song to perform because this could've been his night to really shine. I voted for him again.:)

RedHedd
04-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Loved them all so it was hard to pick who to vote for .... so I voted for all of them, except I couldn't get through for the longest time for Bucky, Katharine or Paris. I LOVED Kellie's look and today on the radio I heard the men loved her too ;) Elliot was a bit rough for me, and Taylor is back to being Taylor, which I'm starting to get tired of.

My bottom three: Ace, Bucky and Elliot, with Ace going home (please).

joanofark
04-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I hope Ace leaves!! TONIGHT!!!!!

joanofark
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN IT YET DON'T READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't beileve he's gone!! Bucky was good last night!! UHG! Ace should have got the boot!!!:mad: I think Elliot needs to stop the pity stories...:rolleyes:

RedHedd
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I can't beileve he's gone!! Bucky was good last night!! UHG! Ace should have got the boot!!!:mad: I think Elliot needs to stop the pity stories...:rolleyes: I always check the messages boards before the results show comes on because I'm always watching Lost when the results show is on. I agree, Bucky was good last night; Ace should have been the one to go home. <sigh> too bad. At least we know he'll be on tour with the top ten. This is the first time I jsut might buy tickets to their show!

cali
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Bucky is gone? aww I dont much like him but I thought he was good last night lol I really liked Ace last night, its the just the "we will rock you" line that was too weak, I can breath easy knowing he did not get the boot lol I would have prefered elliot to be gone though after last nights show, out of the 3 I thought Elliots was by far the worst lol

anna_66
04-12-2006, 10:22 PM
out of the 3 I thought Elliots was by far the worst lol
Really? I personally thought Elliott was the best out of all of them last night.
I can't believe he was even in the bottom three.

Like Simon said, Ace should have been the one going home not Bucky. I knew he wouldn't win, but I just wasn't ready for him to go home yet. He did a great job on Fat Bottom Girls:D

Lobodeb
04-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Ace should have gone, not Bucky.