PDA

View Full Version : I wasnt going to tell you guys but cant keep it in.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Today we went to the shelter and dropped Roxy off the lady there said she would try and work with her but they think its something in her brain thats making her agressive. I phoned a few bunny rescues and they said its VERY uncommon for a rabbit to be like that espescially (sp?) after it is spayed. Being animal lovers like yourselves I hope you understand why I did this. It wasnt because I didnt want her anymore but because I love her . I want her to be happy not misserable all her life and end up with no human contact it wouldnt be fair for her. The lady at the shelter said I have to look at the life tong terms for her and how she will feel. She was getting worse and worse. I'm not posting this to get yelled at or what not but to inform you guys on what happened. If things dont work out with her and the lady she will be layed to rest but its whats best for her.

On a lighter note as most of you have seen probly is my new siggy with Teddy in it, I know people are different and I'm just that type of person who cant be without another animal especially rabbits. And dont think I got rid of Roxy just because I wanted a new bunny because that is not true at all. Anyways he is the bunny from the shelter the Lionhead mix and hes the sweetest thing. The guy at the shelter said it was fait because hes had kind of mean rabbits go within a days and this sweet guy was there for a month!He is not by any means agressive , it feels so weird to actually be abel to put my hand in the cage without being attacked. And he actually comes up and jumps on me and only me he wont jump onto anyone else. He's got some litter issues but we are working on it.He also has to be nutered(sp?) I have some pictures aswell to share.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Teddyfirstdayhome033.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Teddyfirstdayhome038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/tedsleepin015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Teddyfirstdayhome027.jpg
This is what he dose all day when hes not being hyper and mauling his mom...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/tedsleepin009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Teddyfirstdayhome039.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Teddyfirstdayhome016.jpg
thats all

jackie
02-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Wow, I am surprised how the shelter can just let you exchange a pet like that.

I wonder if they will have a ¨two for the price of one¨ sale anytime soon.

k9krazee
02-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I just don't understand :( Roxy was ONLY cage aggresive, right? Its saddening to me that you went and got a 'nice' bunny and totally gave up Roxy :(

Catty1
02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
If the people at the shelter are caring people, they will try to work with Roxy and see what can be figured out. Heck, humans sometimes get this way because of a brain tumour, you never know.

Hopefully the shelter folks are professionals, and will consult others on the matter.

Roxy was just not the bunny for you. Your new baby is cute!

hugs
Catty1

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Thank you catty for understanding where I'm coming from.And I didnt exchange my pet! See this is where you guys are going wrong and I knew someone would say it. Like I said I didnt start this to be yelled at or to start a fight but to simply let you guys know wha happened!And no it wasnt just cage agression after seeing Teddy and how he was like it pointed out to me that Roxy wasnt just like ti ouside of her cage it was out too I couldnt walk past her cage without being lundged at and I coundt walk past her even when she was out.

Catty1
02-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Not to beat it to death...someone in the earlier thread had been in touch with buttercup directly, and there was some attacking out of the cage.

She is also young - I don't know how young - and although the decision is hers, I think her parents have some say in it also. And why should someone keep on getting injured, especially when young?

Roxy might do well in a large run in a yard.

Three sides to every story: There's the way I see it, the way buttercup sees it, and the way it really is.

hugs
Catty1

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 05:36 PM
This is why I WASNT going to tell you guys is because I knew you would attack me ...
EDIT: And its obvious I do care about her or I wouldnt have made thread asking for help! Also I still live with my parents so they had a say in it and they both thought it was best because I do have a little sister aswell who was getting hurt for just petting Roxy the wrong way. THAT is not a pet that is more of a animal who dosent like people and is not considered a pet.

jackie
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Honestly, what did you think everyone was going to say?

You post a thread three days ago saying your rabbit has cage aggression and you want her PTS. then oh no, you love her and want to work with her, 48 hours later she is sitting is a shelter. Yes I am POSITIVE that a shelter, which is most likely bursting at the seems of unwanted pets, is going to find the time to socialize and work with Roxy. What planet are you from?

What really takes the cake is posting pictures of your new rabbit. Out with the old and in with the new right?

I_luv_rusty
02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't want to attack you or anything. But, I really don't know why you gave Roxy away and got a new bunny :rolleyes: I'm just so sad for her. :(
It just seems mean that you gave her away and just got a new bunny, I know you will miss her and all but thats just so sad.

If i lived anywhere near you. I'd be at that shelter picking up poor Roxy. When I gave away my rabbit, I just didn't give it to someone, or a place who would forget about her. Or give her away, or put her down. I gave her to a loving home, way better than mine. If I had Roxy, I would have done the same, no matter how long it takes to find one of those great homes, one of those homes forever! :o

Best of luck to Roxy, and your new bunny.

Catty1
02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I just remembered - a neighbour of mine whose wee collie went to the RB decided to get a pair of bunnies. She is single, and her RB Lady's ashes will be buried with her, that is her decision. So she is very devoted.

I saw her new bunnies briefly once...then a few months later she had a single large bunny named Misty. I asked what had happened to the other ones?

I guess they were very ill-tempered and behaved badly..not even this lady's devotion could change that.

Once I housesat for one dog and two bunnies. The one bunny had a real attitude, though I didn't get bitten.

Bunnies look soft and cute to us - but that doesn't mean they are all angels. I was lucky to HAVE a wonderful bunny when I was younger...my sister and I called him "Rabby". OK, we weren't original.

There must be PTers that have faced the same situation with biting dogs or other situations. I think the same can happen with bunnies.

Just my opinion and experience.

hugs
Catty1

k9krazee
02-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I honestly don't feel that you did everything imaginable to address her problems, you decided to give up on her instead :( Like Jackie said, you just had a thread for help, people made suggestions and you just go and drop her off at the shelter, its very sad. I believe that if you take in an animal then you make a commitment for life, what happens if this bunny suddenly becomes aggressive? Are you just going to trade it in too? I wish poor Roxy the best of luck :(

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Bunnies arent like dogs , they develop their personality within the first year of their life. They DONT change there personality like dogs do . Thats how I know this one wont change! I also dont belive any of you are rabbit EXPERTS either and dont know everything about them like you think you do!

Catty1
02-19-2006, 05:51 PM
"Poor Roxy" was biting BC and her younger sister.

Were they supposed to keep getting injured just to make some of us happy? I think not!

In cage, or out, doesn't matter. If BC was an adult, this might be reasonable.

Lay off the kid already.

Sorry, folks, I like to be nice, but I am getting rather steamed here!

hugs
catty1

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 05:53 PM
You're probably just going to attack me, call me a lesbian and several other names, and attack my friends - but I've got to say something about this because it's something that irritates me immensely.

Three days ago (72 hours) you posted for advice and "support" - in which many gave you some highly intelligent, well-experienced suggestions.
Your story changed from killing her, to working with her, to dropping her off at the shelter - several different times within these past 3 days.

Now she is sitting at a shelter- MAYBE, if they have not killed her already - with a new bunny in her home. I highly doubt a shelter who would let someone exchange (for lack of better term) a pet would work with a so-called aggressive bunny.

Now I don't claim to know squat about bunnies, but I do believe some here who are more experienced with them have given you well advice which leads me to ask, What happened to working with her yourself?

Simba bit my mom twice, has gotten snappy with us over the years, and is usually rather cranky with new people. 8 years later we are still working with him... and i'd hate myself if I even thought of getting rid of him.

Good luck to you and the new bunny.

*edit* I see we're on the same page Jackie, I just happen to be a bit long-winded and slow in my typing. ;)

Catty1
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Kfamr - but were you an adult when this was decided? When BC first posted, I seem to recall it was her parents that wanted to get rid of Roxy...and she said No Way.

Depending on her age, her wishes won't carry a lot of clout. I think her parents even talked about PTS - if so, I expect the shelter was a compromise.

I just don't think it was all up to her, that's all.

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Kfamr - but were you an adult when this was decided?

I was 10 years old when Simba bit my mom.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry Kay for calling you those names. Thanks for saying good luck and being a little nice well not attacking me. I know I changed my mind many times but I couldnt make up my mind it was a tough desicion and thats why I kept changing my mind.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 06:02 PM
They knew the situation they knew that she would bite so no they wouldnt put her to sleep just bacause she bit them once...They dont have very many animals and the ones they do have they work with.

.sarah
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
They knew the situation they knew that she would bite so no they wouldnt put her to sleep just bacause she bit them once...They dont have very many animals and the ones they do have they work with.
Well in that case I hope she has a chance. And good luck to Teddy in his new home.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Well in that case I hope she has a chance. And good luck to Teddy in his new home.Thank you

petslover
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I could imagine that you hated to give away Roxy. I don't see it such a bad thing. If you couldn't do anything with her then I think you did the right thing. I don't really see the point in keeping a rabbit that is going to bite you every time you try and touch it. I think you did the right thing. Maybe the shelter can work with it.I feel that Buttercup knows what is best for Roxy, and if she feels that she did the right thing then who am I to judge.

I think your new bunny is adorable!

I_luv_rusty
02-19-2006, 06:15 PM
I could imagine that you hated to give away Roxy. I don't see it such a bad thing. If you couldn't do anything with her then I think you did the right thing. I don't really see the point in keeping a rabbit that is going to bite you every time you try and touch it. I think you did the right thing. Maybe the shelter can work with it.I feel that Buttercup knows what is best for Roxy, and if she feels that she did the right thing then who am I to judge.

I think your new bunny is adorable!

I do think she did the right thing. But was getting a new bunny the right thing? What if it get aggrasive?(sp?) Are you going to get a new bunny again? :rolleyes:

luvofallhorses
02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
:(

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM

I think your new bunny is adorable!Thanks for understanding you are so right at what you just said I''m glad I have a couple people who understand where I'm coming from. And if you go back and read what I posted before Iluvrusty about bunny personalisties(sp?) you'll know.

petslover
02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Honestly, I don't have a problem with her getting a less aggressive bunny. If that is what she wants to do then that is fine. As long as she can properly care for the new bunny than that is what counts. Maybe she can check up on Roxy to see how everyone is going with her every once in awhile. I'm sure the shelter will do what is best for Roxy as well. From what I read Buttercup cared deeply for Roxy, but when an animal gets too agressive then you have to go with your inner feeling and do whats best for you and your animal.

Karen
02-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, I hope they can help Roxy.

I moved this into Pet General, where it should be.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks Karen I wondered where it went. I just want to say something. I was Roxys mom you guys didnt own her you werent in my situation and I know deep down what was best for her.

carole
02-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I am certainly not going to attack you , but i have to say I am very disappointed you chose this option and so quickly, IMO it would have been better to have been a little more patient and tryed harder to work with her, I hope you are right that the shelter will work with her, because no healthy animal should be destroyed at least until every last possible option has been explored,I am saddened by your choice, but you are the one who has to live with it not me.

Catty1
02-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Just remember - BC is 15, and her younger sister got hurt too. I've heard from a couple of people in the family, and it was a heartbreaking decision. At least another shelter bunny got a home.

hugs
C

CagneyDog
02-19-2006, 07:14 PM
At first I thought this whole situation was a attention getter, but if it isn't then this is just sick. IMO, this is absolutely disgusting. I can't even begin to understand why the shelter offered you another rabbit.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Because they obviously know that she had a problem and knew I was a good owner. Obviously I wasnt wrong if people who work at the shelter helped me and let me adopt another rabbit...

CagneyDog
02-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Because they obviously know that she had a problem and knew I was a good owner. Obviously I wasnt wrong if people who work at the shelter helped me and let me adopt another rabbit...

That isn't true at all. Most of the shelter workers are 16 year olds working their first job. It doesn't mean that what you did isn't wrong.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Ya but none of these people were young they were all around 30 and had all gone to school for vet tech.

moosmom
02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Normally I try to stay out of heated threads like this. Especially concerning an animal I don't know much about. HOWEVER, this particular comment that Buttercup made about her NEW bunny caught my eye...

He's got some litter issues but we are working on it

If you have time to work on HIS litter issues, WHY couldn't you have worked on Roxy's issues, rather than dumping her at a shelter making her their problem? And why on earth they allowed you to adopt another bunny is beyond my comprehension.

You got alot of great advice from people, yet you decided to take the easy way out. I feel bad for Roxy and hope to God someone sees the good in her and gives her the furrrrever home she deserves.

And yes, if you are living under your mother's roof and under the age of 18, she CAN tell you what to do.

I do hope your new bunny's litter issues are treated. I'd hate to have him meet the same fate Roxy did.

Catty1
02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
ok...Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Did you see that? The scene about the Killer Rabbit that went for everyone's jugular?

Now, that is really extreme, I know. But - just from where I sit - this 15-year-old and her younger sister were physically hurt by Roxy. There are mean rabbits. I have met some. Roxy was one of them.

Remember - Roxy was ALSO a shelter bunny. Perhaps she had been abused? The point is, she would attack, take the intiative. And rabbits are not retrainable as dogs are. Find me a bunny training school if I am wrong.

As I posted earlier - were these girls supposed to keep on getting attacked in cage and out just to make a few people here happy? How much blood and pain would be acceptable? Especially when Roxy was getting worse?

You can be sure a parent was at the shelter when BC took Roxy back and got to adopt another Teddy.

Roxy deserves to live, of course - but should not be living in a family with young children.

JMO

Kfamr
02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/aggression.html

1) Rabbits aren't born mean. Ninety-nine percent of aggressive rabbits have a behavioral problem, not a genetic one. Behavior can be changed, so give your bunny a chance.

chrissycat21
02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I can't help but reply...

Just two days ago you started a thread asking for help/support with Roxy...(which I did read, just didn't reply to). If you had been very commited to helping her and being a good owner, you would have tried the suggestions given to you.

You were saying on that thread that she just had cage aggression, right? And now your saying that you couldn't walk past her while she was outside of her cage without her lunging at you? Unless I'm reading your posts wrong, your changing your story.

I really wish you had given her another chance and worked with her. I have been in similar situations (although not with rabbits, but with horses. So kind of different) I just hope Roxy finds a good, new home and has a happy life and is not PTS for an owner's mistake.

wolf_Q
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Remember - Roxy was ALSO a shelter bunny. Perhaps she had been abused?

No, she was not. Please check out this thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=96018&highlight=roxy+baby

last year at this time my baby was born, i didnt know it yet but shes was the families favorite , we had other bunnies that everyone in the family liked, the babies were born and yes i admit it was a mistake but im glad it happened, roxys mother was bred to another bunny and then baby bunnies came,

From what it sounds like to me the mother of Roxy belonged to the family and was purposely bred. Roxy was one of the offspring that they kept. I'm assuming the other rabbits mentioned (mother bunny, donkey, etc.) she had also were given away or taken to a shelter. She has raised Roxy since birth, whatever issues she has certainly did not come from a shelter or previous owner.

CagneyDog
02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
As I posted earlier - were these girls supposed to keep on getting attacked in cage and out just to make a few people here happy? How much blood and pain would be acceptable? Especially when Roxy was getting worse?

She couldn't of been as bad as you and buttercup are making it sound. Afterall, Buttercup managed to put three different outfits on her for her siggy pictures. It hardly seems like there is a lot of blood and pain involved in this situation. :rolleyes:

jesse_3
02-20-2006, 01:44 AM
I generally stay out of these types of threads, but two things caught my eye, but have already been pointed out. The one that really confuses me, is that Catty1 tells us that she was a shelter bunny, where did you recieve that information? Buttercup told us that she raised this rabbit...who is telling to truth? A better question is how many lies have been told!?!

I will be praying that Roxy finds a loving home, and I wish you luck with your new rabbit...
Steph and Splinter

buttercup132
02-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Roxy wasnt a shelter bunny she was raised by me.

Corinna
02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
As in all animals species there are time to time "bad blood genes" I raised and showed rabbits for 9 years. In that time I did see about 5-6 bunnies that were just mean. some to the point of killing ever litter they had. I found the Dutch and Netherlands were the most likely to be aggressive. Over bred just as many dog breeds are. I'm glad Roxy is being given a chance in a new home and that a new bunny was there for you. :) Teddy is so cute.

JenBKR
02-20-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't want to get involved, but I want to say one thing. I don't know about this particular situation, but I do know that some shelters will let you 'exchange' a pet. When we adopted Roscoe, they told us that if he didn't work out we could bring him back within 30 days or something like that and either give him back or choose another dog. They want to make sure that the new pet fits in well with any other pets and kids/people in the house. Now, I don't know anything about exchanging a pet that was not previously in the shelter, but I would imagine that they would do it. Just IMO. Good luck!

Miss Z
02-20-2006, 11:14 AM
buttercup132, i like you and i don't want to be mean, but maybe you could have spent a little more time trying to help her? I know that it must have been heartbreaking to give her away, and bunny bites don't half hurt:rolleyes: but maybe she could have benefitted a little more from a bit of training. I used to have a bunny named Cookie, and we bought him a little rabbit lead hoping to take him for little walks around the garden and cul-de-sac etc, well, at first he would not have it and would wriggle all the time. When he got older and stronger, he would physically try to tear it off his back and would swear at me in bunny ;anguage and stamp his feet. I didn't want to be cruel forcing him to put it on, but i gradually trained him with it, starting by just putting it on his back without fastening it, then under his belly, and each time doing something extra. It took 2 and a half months to train him fully, and then he really enjoyed going out on his lead. I could never have imagined him like that before i trained him. All i'm saying is it can be done. But, what's done is done, and good luck with Teddy:)

My Peanuts
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow how quickly things change. I got yelled at by Buttercup for sticking up for Roxy in the other thread. She told me "For the last time im NOT getting rid of her now!" and that was only 4 days ago!

I hate it when someone has a cute little bunny, puppy, whatever and then when it grows up bad (usually due to how they were raised) they just get rid of it as if it didn't have a soul. This isn't a pair of pants that didn't fit, it's a life! My dog Jimmy was “discarded” after he wasn’t a cute little puppy anymore. I ALWAYS stay out of these threads, but this one is so crazy it makes me so mad. The fact that she adopted another rabbit when she wasn't willing to work with this one is so irresponsible. People need to redefine the definition of "animal lover."

dab_20
02-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow how quickly things change. I got yelled at by Buttercup for sticking up for Roxy in the other thread. She told me "For the last time im NOT getting rid of her now!" and that was only 4 days ago!

I hate it when someone has a cute little bunny, puppy, whatever and then when it grows up bad (usually due to how they were raised) they just get rid of it as if it didn't have a soul. This isn't a pair of pants that didn't fit, it's a life! My dog Jimmy was “discarded” after he wasn’t a cute little puppy anymore. I ALWAYS stay out of these threads, but this one is so crazy it makes me so mad. The fact that she adopted another rabbit when she wasn't willing to work with this one is so irresponsible. People need to redefine the definition of "animal lover."

I don't usually like to go into these threads, but I totally agree with you My Peanuts.

I think you should have at least tried harder to get her to be more friendly. I know I personally didn't know Roxy... but I'm dissapointed you just dropped her off at a shelter. :(

CathyBogart
02-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Stop using the little sister thing as a defense...you could have had the little sister leave the rabbit alone while you worked with her temperament problems. Rabbits' personalities can change, I use to raise them and I AM in school to become a Vet Tech.

I did re-home one rabbit due to temperament problems, and you know what? I didn't just dump him at a shelter, I FOUND HIM A HOME.

carole
02-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Yes that is indeed a very good point, the fact that you bred and raised Roxy yourself, means you should have been trying very hard to find her a home more suitable, not just making it the shelters problem, that is NOT what they are there for, that is one issue i really have a major problem with, also you really just did not give her enough time , as people pointed out within two days you had dumped her at the shelter, even though you had told everyone you were willing to try and work with Roxy.

If indeed Roxy finds a more suitable home then i guess you did the right thing, but there is no guarantee of that, can you honestly live with it if Roxy is PTS, I myself would have a terrible time dealing with that, I hope for Roxy and you that does not happen.

People are not being mean to you or harsh, they are simply pointing out things you would have been better to do, and maybe if the situation arises again,(hopefully not) you will be more inclined to do things a bit differently.

I had a netherland dwarf, actually it was my son's pet, and she was no angel, she used to bite you , but we never ever considered parting with her.

I just hope all turns out well in the end for everyone concerned.

shais_mom
02-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I am not commenting on the bunny part b/c I don't know bunnies and have no clue what to do with them. What I am commenting on is, while I am sure she doesn't need anyone to stand up for her but I am saying it anyway, I read what you wrote to Kay on myspace and you have a lot of nerve.

CagneyDog
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I read what you wrote to Kay on myspace and you have a lot of nerve.

I also read that. To say the least, you should be, very embaressed.

I_luv_rusty
02-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Stop using the little sister thing as a defense...you could have had the little sister leave the rabbit alone while you worked with her temperament problems. Rabbits' personalities can change, I use to raise them and I AM in school to become a Vet Tech.

I did re-home one rabbit due to temperament problems, and you know what? I didn't just dump him at a shelter, I FOUND HIM A HOME.

I agree, I had a rabbit about 1 year ago and she was tempererament problems and I did find her a home. I never considered just dumping her off at the shelter thinking ohhh she'll get a home. :eek:

The thing that really gets to me, is that you get a new rabbit. And you say he has litter issues but we will work on them, why couldn't you work on Roxy. She deseves just as much as Teddy does!!

dab_20
02-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I've got alot of rabbits, and alot of them have temperment problems. I would never think of dumping them off at a shelter. I would feel SO guilty. That just tells the rabbit you don't love her enough to work out the problems with her. That may be harsh, but it's true.

luvofallhorses
02-20-2006, 03:54 PM

I agree. I really do think you should have worked with Roxy more and gave her a chance. :(

Suki Wingy
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry this thread had to turn into a fight... I have been in a similar situation. (Layla) Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and now I'm starting to cry

Kfamr
02-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry this thread had to turn into a fight... I have been in a similar situation.

I don't think this thread has turned into a fight. Surely, people have disagreed with what she done - she obviously expected such. People have just given their opinions on the subject at hand.

I'm sorry it's touched a sore subject for you but, surely getting rid of Layla wasn't a 4 day thinking process.

Suki Wingy
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I was 9 years old and it took my parents a few months to decide. I see where you are going now.

moosmom
02-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Suki Wingy,

Like Kfamr said, it hasn't really turned into a fight. It's just that she got alot of great advice on the issue yet she chose, instead to dump Roxy off at a shelter and adopt another rabbit. She's on the defensive because she knows everyone that has posted here is right. She had a year, that's plenty of time to work with a bunny.

carole
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I also feel that one knows when they post something along these lines that it is bound to cause controversy, she would be well aware of that, so my conclusion is if you don't want to hear things you don't like then DON'T post about it, end of story.

buttercup132
02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I also feel that one knows when they post something along these lines that it is bound to cause controversy, she would be well aware of that, so my conclusion is if you don't want to hear things you don't like then DON'T post about it, end of story.Hmm well dont you think people would be wondering??!!!

chrissycat21
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Wondering what? If the thread was going to start a problem?

When you start a post with "I wasn't going to tell you guys...." you obvioulsy had a reason for not telling us. You seem to have known this whole thing was going to cause a problem from the start.

CathyBogart
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Hmm well dont you think people would be wondering??!!!

Not necessarily. I re-homed my Brazilian Rainbow Boa a little over a year ago and I never said anything. I LOVED that snake so much, but as she recovered from the wasted little waif I rescued to a fat healthy big boa she became extremely aggressive and I contacted a local zoo who was eager to provide her a home. I didn't say anything here because I didn't want to cause a stir if anyone disagreed with me. I got a few PMs from people asking, and that was it.

dab_20
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Wondering what? If the thread was going to start a problem?

When you start a post with "I wasn't going to tell you guys...." you obvioulsy had a reason for not telling us. You seem to have known this whole thing was going to cause a problem from the start.

she meant that we would be wondering what happened to roxy...

chrissycat21
02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Ok. Whoops, read the post wrong.

moosmom
02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Carole,

I couldn't have said it any better!!!!

sasvermont
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey folks, let this poor girl do what she wants with her pet if it is not working for her. At least she didn't turn it out on its own, outside, like many people do. Lots of folks return pets to shelters. Do you think dogs and cats never get returned....surely they do.

Believe me, you don't want to get bunny bites too frequently. They can be mean little critters at best, when they get angry. I have two that are gentle but they can kick up a storm and BITE. I haven't had too many bites, but the time I did, it wasn't fun. I, too, would have given the bunny a second chance and allow someone else to work with the bunny and find just the right home. Sometimes the bunnies just don't like the new home.

Goodness, be kind to this person. She did the right thing - she took it to a shelter. As far as them giving her another bunny - maybe they should have looked a little closer at the first mean bunny before they sent it to a new home.......

Bunnies can be gentle, sweet things and then NOT.....

I love my bunnies and often wonder why I have the two because they are so much work and are not very friendly. I have two rescue bunnies - and I guess they were not socialized nicely when they were little. They are safe, happy and vetted - the best I can do. Would I give them to someone else? Yes, but only if they could love them more than me!

Let's be kind here.

And by the way, not all shelters are kill shelters and in fact the shelter in my area (South Burlington) is wonderful, clean, organized and fully staffed. Any pet would have a good chance of moving on, if they ended up there. I think most people think of shelters as being miserable places. They are often not, and are much better than the streets.

bckrazy
02-21-2006, 11:56 PM
This is a really sad situation, I wish you and your family the best.

These kind of situations are WHY cuddly little baby bunnies are not right for most people... they're sweet enough when they're little, but can develop aggression and/or shyness, and the only instances I've seen of this have been directly related to abusive or neglectful homes (and homes with very rough young kids). NOT saying that this happened to Roxy - it could've even been her previous home. But, just a few scary experiences could have definitely caused her aggression.

Spaying/neutering will not cause aggression, it will definitely subdue it. If a bunny feels secure and content, they will not be aggressive in almost any case.... so, their personalities CAN change. One of my best friends is in Bun rescue, and I've fostered 2. Both of them were super shy and showed some aggression when they first came in, but both totally changed within a week. One of the boys (Munch) I ended up keeping, and he was never a super cuddly bunny but he loved to hop up on my bed and hang out with me and he never once bit or scratched me... even though he came into rescue biting at everyone. Bunnies are seen as much more disposable than dogs and cats, which is sad because they are intelligent and they can be trained. I hope your new boy has a happy life, and I hope Roxy finds a forever home! It's really sad seeing all of your pics of her with sweaters and harnesses on looking so cute, she doesn't APPEAR very mean at all... a really mean Bun wouldn't for a second let anyone put a parka on them. :(

jesse_3
02-22-2006, 12:03 AM
sasvermont, I just want to ask if you have read the other thread about this? - and have you read this whole thread in it's entirety? I am not trying to argue with you at all, I am just wondering.

Buttercup123, I know that you are not getting much slack from us, but we do not think that you should have really given up on her that quickly. You did get a lot of good, educated ideas that could have worked, but we won't know that now. You didn't try absolutely everything you could, and it doesn't sound good when you say that Teddy has problems that you can work out. We are very concerned that you will just give up on him too. I don't think that we are trying to sound mean or cruel, we are just frustrated, upset, and disappointed. I hope that I have not made anyone mad by saying this, and if I am wrong, please correct me. That is just what I have gathered through reading through the posts.

I really do hope that you can work with Teddy, and I sure hope that you will love him as much as possible. Good luck...
-Stephanie

carole
02-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Well said.

sasvermont
02-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Stephanie, I did read most of the threads. Most of them were horrible to the author. The bottom line is that we are dealing with a kid here and people are being rather mean spirited. She took the rabbit to a shelter, plain and simple. Isn't that what people do with pets that are not working for them? Most people, anyway. I have done it in the past. Am I sorry, no! Would I do it now, now that I am older... no, I would re-home the pet. I have grown up and learned a lot. It takes time.

She did the right thing by taking the bunny to a shelter.

dab_20
02-22-2006, 07:51 AM
sasvermont, I just want to ask if you have read the other thread about this? - and have you read this whole thread in it's entirety? I am not trying to argue with you at all, I am just wondering.

Buttercup123, I know that you are not getting much slack from us, but we do not think that you should have really given up on her that quickly. You did get a lot of good, educated ideas that could have worked, but we won't know that now. You didn't try absolutely everything you could, and it doesn't sound good when you say that Teddy has problems that you can work out. We are very concerned that you will just give up on him too. I don't think that we are trying to sound mean or cruel, we are just frustrated, upset, and disappointed. I hope that I have not made anyone mad by saying this, and if I am wrong, please correct me. That is just what I have gathered through reading through the posts.

I really do hope that you can work with Teddy, and I sure hope that you will love him as much as possible. Good luck...
-Stephanie

Well put, Steph.

K9soul
02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
I have to say, it seems odd that this bunny was THAT horribly aggressive, and yet not a word was ever said about a problem with her until 2 days before she went to the shelter (at least as far as I saw), and as someone else mentioned, I've seen pictures of this bunny dressed up and in outfits and such before (including in the siggy), which does not fit this present description of a "bunny terror" that is now presented.

It's really not for me to judge, at least I really try not to on these situations, but if things are the way they appear, who ever made the decision to get rid of Roxy has a lot to live with.

catnapper
02-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Well, I've been watching this since the beginning and I just wanted to pop in here too.

Here's a few observations:
Her MOM is who we should be bashing here. As a parent, she should have said "If you cannot work with Roxy, then what makes you think you can work with a rescue bunny with an unknown history?" Mom should have flatly refused a new bunny. Yet mom drove her to the rescue. How is that teaching her responisbility? How is that teaching her to respect her mother? I saw the out and out disprespect she has towards her mom's authority. I saw what she wrote about not caring what mom thinks, that its HER choice... well, unless I am mistaken, she's a young teenager (maybe 15?) and needs to grow up a lot. Mom has made her into a selfish little girl. Mom needs to be a parent instead of a friend who allows her daughter to follow every whim. We really can't blame Buttercup for something the mom allowed to happen.

Now, as for Buttercup, SHE needs to take responsibility for her actions with Roxy. She needs to stop and think WHY Roxy changed from a sweet bunny into an aggressive one. Maybe all those cothing changes for photoshoots made the bunny fear her? I have the feeling Roxy gave her PLENTY of warnings before it got to the point of aggression, and she ignored the warnings just like she ignored the good advice everyone posted. Its sad that she only wants a perfect bunny but will not follow good advice on how to work with the bunny who just a few months ago WAS the perfect bunny.

All that said, I know nothing of bunnies. I see them hop across the yard and the cats meow to them. But using what I know about basic animal behavior (it almost assuredly can also be applied to bunnies) a domesticated, loving bunny won't turn aggressive over night. It needs weeks of exhibiting a fear behavior before it resorts to aggression to get its fear across to you.

I hope I am wrong.... and if not, I hope she learns from the mistakes she made with Roxy.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Hello Teddy - you seem to have been forgotten in all this

Miss Z
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Mom needs to be a parent instead of a friend who allows her daughter to follow every whim. We really can't blame Buttercup for something the mom allowed to happen.

Possibly, but i think she should be both. I would say that my mum is a parent and a friend. The more strict a parent is, the more often we (speaking for teenagers here) don't want to follow their lead.

But using what I know about basic animal behavior (it almost assuredly can also be applied to bunnies) a domesticated, loving bunny won't turn aggressive over night. It needs weeks of exhibiting a fear behavior before it resorts to aggression to get its fear across to you.

I agree with that. Animals ALWAYS give us signs, we just don't always acknowledge them, but maybe for Buttercup Roxy's were very discreet.

I think i'll stay out of this thread now. I think everyone has said everything that needs to be said - and far more.

My Peanuts
02-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey folks, let this poor girl do what she wants with her pet if it is not working for her. At least she didn't turn it out on its own, outside, like many people do. Lots of folks return pets to shelters. Do you think dogs and cats never get returned....surely they do.

Because a lot of other people do it that makes it right? She bred this bunny and dumped her at a shelter after she wasn't willing to work with her for more than two days. She is adding to the already huge problem. Age is not a factor. If you're old enough to be on this board you're old enough to know right from wrong. The majority of this board is about taking animals OUT of shelters, not the other way around. If this was a dog or a cat she bred and dumped I'd bet those sections would have ripped her apart even more.

I doubt this bunny was even as bad as she says since I've seen pictures of her dressed in clothes. A vicious bunny isn't going to let you do that. Let's look at the big picture. She went to a shelter saw a bunny she liked, which she posted about. Roxy probably nipped at her a few times, but it wasn't an issue enough to even post about until last week. She dumped poor Roxy and got the new bunny.

sasvermont
02-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Well, say what you want, she should have taken it to a shelter or rehomed it if she didn't want it. I feel as though pets deserve their best chance in life. If she was unable to take care of it or didn't want it, then the animal is better off in a new home. It will adjust.

People eat rabbits you know.

I won't go on and on with this. I think you guys are being way over the top of this bunny situation......as much as I love bunnies, they can be a bit much to handle.

I know that the majority of you think this child did something horrible. I don't think that .... and thus ... we do not agree.

No more from me.

You guys can book it out with someone else.

My Peanuts
02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, say what you want, she should have taken it to a shelter or rehomed it if she didn't want it. I feel as though pets deserve their best chance in life. If she was unable to take care of it or didn't want it, then the animal is better off in a new home. It will adjust.

People eat rabbits you know.

First of all, what does eating rabbits have to do with this conversation? People do a lot of things to rabbits that have nothing to do with this situation. If you are saying things could have been worse, then I agree, but it's really irrelevant to this discussion.

Secondly, when someone gets an animal it's for that animal’s entire life. The mind set when getting a pet should be, “this animal lives X amount of years so I should be prepared to have them that long.” It's not for a few months or years. It's a commitment. If, for a GOOD reason, the commitment cannot be fulfilled it is the owners responsibility to re-home the animal. Shelters are for people who can't be bothered to re-home and want someone else to take on their responsibility. Thank God there are shelters out there, where would poor Roxy be without them.

The fact that this girl is young makes it even worse. Thinks of all the animals she can do this to throughout the course of her life. Most of us have broken the chain of animal neglect, but she is a strong link still as far as I'm concerned. There are so many homeless animals and she bred this bunny and threw her into the mix. By bringing another animal to a shelter she is taking up more space and another rabbit or possible Roxy will need to be euthanized. I honestly don't know how she sleeps at night.

It's you're prerogative to stick up for this girl, but what we are doing is not wrong. We have to be the voice of the defenseless animals otherwise neglect and abuse will never stop.

beeniesmom
02-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Roxy probably got aggressive because she was tired of you dressing her up. :p

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=96018

Alysser
02-22-2006, 02:11 PM
I KNOW your sick of hearing it but, that is the disgusting. Im *not* trying to be mean or anything but I feel I have to say something to get it off my chest. I've been staying away from this thread but now I am stating my opinion.

Sunny, my old budgie, had an abusive home from the start. I was told he was stuck in a cage all day with cats running around and he was standing in his own feses(sp?) for about 5 years. Then from there the same thing happened with about 4 different owners. I really don't know if I believe this but that is what I was told. He supposedly was from a bird hoarder and had a horrible life for most of his life. Some how, he wound up at Petco and they told me not to get him for this. I don't really know how he got there. The workers said he was brought their by his owner. Anyway, he had *very* bad problems. Biting,pooping everywhere,a nd squawking at night. He was completely horrific and I don't even know how many times my parents threatened to get rid of him. Finally, he was changed. No more problems after a very long year of training. But I didn't give him to the shelter because I knew they would put him to rest and I couldn't bare that. He was the sweetest bird when he was trained. He died a year or two after I got him. I miss him alot but as you can see I didn't and wouldn't give up on him.

What really takes the cake is the fact that you got a new bunny. Your parents wouldn't replace you if you were bad. It's basically the same thing. I really hope, for Teddys sake, your new bunny doesn't become aggressive. If he does, work with him instead of dumping him at a shelter. PLEASE! Minor issues like his are easily taken care of. But with aggression the key is paintence. I don't care if you hate me after this and you call me stupid names. It *won't* affect me in anyway.

Good luck to Roxy and you.

buttercup132
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Do you guys REALLY think that the shleter would let me do something THEY didnt agree on!!?? I sure dont. As for the litter training "problem" its easy to solve all I have to do is put his poops inside the litterbox..its TOTALLY different to Roxy's situation!
This is the last time I'm replying to this because it has turned into a fight and I dont want people getting mad at each other for the other person agreeing/dissagreeeing.
Whats done is done I'm not going back on what I think was right. I was just SAYING what had happened I DIDNT ask for opinions and I'm pritty sure I asked for NO fighting but I guess that went in one ear out the other...:rolleyes:

dab_20
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Stephanie, I did read most of the threads. Most of them were horrible to the author. The bottom line is that we are dealing with a kid here and people are being rather mean spirited. She took the rabbit to a shelter, plain and simple. Isn't that what people do with pets that are not working for them? Most people, anyway. I have done it in the past. Am I sorry, no! Would I do it now, now that I am older... no, I would re-home the pet. I have grown up and learned a lot. It takes time.

She did the right thing by taking the bunny to a shelter.

I think it's weird how you guys give her a break just because she's a 'kid'. I am younger then her, and I would never take my rabbit to a shelter... I have been acctually yelled at by PTers when I first came here... but I can understand why. We aren't giving her a hard time... only the facts.

My Peanuts
02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Do you guys REALLY think that the shleter would let me do something THEY didnt agree on!!?? I sure dont. As for the litter training "problem" its easy to solve all I have to do is put his poops inside the litterbox..its TOTALLY different to Roxy's situation!
This is the last time I'm replying to this because it has turned into a fight and I dont want people getting mad at each other for the other person agreeing/dissagreeeing.
Whats done is done I'm not going back on what I think was right. I was just SAYING what had happened I DIDNT ask for opinions and I'm pritty sure I asked for NO fighting but I guess that went in one ear out the other...:rolleyes:

Actually I think a lot of shelters are more concerned with adopting out pets than the pets well being. Easy adoptions are good for people like me because I am a very responsible pet owner, but bad for the general public. Did this shelter require everyone in the house to be present? Did it ask you bring any other rabbits in to meet the new one? At least the place I got Harley made us bring Sylvia before the adoption was complete. It was WAY too easy for us to adopt Harley and way too cheap too. I have seen shelters with what I think are too strict rules and ones with not strict enough rules. There aren't too many rules and laws for having a shelter, especially if they are privately run and so many regulations with animals slip through the cracks.

Also, you didn't ask for opinions?!? Why did you post it on a public forum about animals? Did you really think no one would reply? Almost every single thread on this forum has some opinion in it.

In one ear and out the other you say? Kind of like what almost all the people on your last thread told you to do with Roxy? I believe just about everyone told you to try to work with her. This is just getting more unbelievable. There is no remorse or no admittance to this being a mistake. I fear for the animals she already has or will get in the future. I'm sorry for being so opinionated, but it's frustrating to think that I'm out there trying to educate people about this and then there is someone on a pet lover’s board that finds this behavior acceptable. This thread is about everything I try to reverse. Breeding and dumping pets at shelters. :mad:

Alysser
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I doubt people were going to listen to you when you said no fighting. This IS a controversal thread. What did you expect people to say? CONGRATS ON TEDDY?

I_luv_rusty
02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Were telling your our opinion, because on the last board you got all mad when people said don't give Roxy away!! You said "I'm NOT giving Roxy away, so stop!!" So if you really want to know why everyone is giving you their opinions.... I wonder why! :mad: :o

Edit- You said "For the last time im NOT getting rid of her now!"

My Peanuts
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm less mad at what happened to Roxy and more concerned with the pets you have now. What’s done is done. If you realize what we say is only to help the animals and not to attack you then things would be better. I'm telling you this to stop the cycle of leaving unwanted pets at a shelter. I don't hate you at all, but I hate the choices you made in the past few days. If you could just realize that it was wrong and never do it again then this is a victory for you and your pets.

Alysser
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm less mad at what happened to Roxy and more concerned with the pets you have now. What’s done is done. If you realize what we say is only to help the animals and not to attack you then things would be better. I'm telling you this to stop the cycle of leaving unwanted pets at a shelter. I don't hate you at all, but I hate the choices you made in the past few days. If you could just realize that it was wrong and never do it again then this is a victory for you and your pets.

I TOTALLY agree.

dab_20
02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Same here.

carole
02-22-2006, 06:15 PM
My peanuts everything you have said makes so much sense and is very well written, i could not have said it better myself, Buttercup if you thought you could post this and expect no opinions or controversy , sorry but you are living in la la land sweetie.

I agree what is done is done now, and there is no point going on about it as clearly you are comfortable with your decision, and believe you did the right thing, well let us all hope so, are you ever going to know if Roxy was PTS? do you actually care?

Worst case scenario that happens I just hope you can live with it.

My major problem with it all is that you purposely bred Roxy and when the going got tough you dumped her at the shelter, who are already struggling with finding homes for unwanted pets,that is NOT what shelters are for, I feel you just did not want to put the effort in that was required to work with Roxy, and took the easy road out,I also find it hard to believe you could dress up an aggressive bunny, personally i would never dream of dressing a bunny up, but each to their own.

BC maybe it would have been better to keep it to yourself, it has only upset most people on PT, some things are better left unsaid from my experience.

racing_gurl07
02-23-2006, 09:08 AM
My major problem with it all is that you purposely bred Roxy and when the going got tough you dumped her at the shelter, who are already struggling with finding homes for unwanted pets,that is NOT what shelters are for.

Thats not what shelters are for? at the shelter i vounlteer at..we get alot of cats in that are serendered. For example this week we got in two cats that were serendered from their owners beacuse they have allergies (arent there pills for that?) and these cats were rasied by them. (they are about 2 months old) And another person dropped off their cat after 5-6 years because they had a new baby and they couldnt deal with the jelously. (couldnt you work with the cat?) but that is what shelters are for finding homes for animals, stray or serendered by their owners. We people atthe shelter dont bash anyone who serendered their animals. So why should anyone else bash these people, like Buttercup?

carole
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
First I would like to say I was not bashing her, if you consider my opinion that well so be it, i am guilty, but i offer no apologies all the same and secondly OK maybe shelters are for taking in pets who are surrended, and it is just as well for the poor animals sake isn't it, but i can tell you in my country people are not given a warm reception at a shelter for handing in their pets for reasons which are not ok,our shelters are so full, more than often they probably get turned away it really annoys me when people just take the easy option out and wipe it from their minds,IMO her family should have tried every other option open to them first and the shelter should have been the last resort, as it was like only two days since she first posted her problems, i hardly consider two days a lengthy period to work with an animal do you?,

Honestly if she can live with her decision then so be it, what is done is done, i just hope if there is another situation in the future they will work a lot harder at resolving it next time.

If more people tryed to work with their pets instead of oh well lets just take them back to the shelter, we would not have near as bad a problem as we do today, but yes it is a fact of life sadly,and my point is that she purposely bred this rabbit, so IMO she should be finding it a new home or taking time to work with it, not taking the easy road out and making it someone elses problem.

Shelters have enough on their plate as it is, and i too have been involved with cat shelters and rescuing so i don't comment with no knowledge whatso ever. :)

Kfamr
02-23-2006, 02:58 PM
And by the way, not all shelters are kill shelters and in fact the shelter in my area (South Burlington) is wonderful, clean, organized and fully staffed. Any pet would have a good chance of moving on, if they ended up there. I think most people think of shelters as being miserable places. They are often not, and are much better than the streets.

This is true, however - Aggression in shelters is often a completely different subject. Most animals are put to death for aggression because
A.) A lot shelters either don't have the money/training/experience/etc (choose one) to work with the animal.
B.) They are often overlooked for their aggression problems (such as the problem BC said Roxy had - When she stuck her hands IN the cage she attacked (atleast that is what I got, I'm not sure as she changed the story plenty of times) - how many people do you think stick their fingers in the cages at shelters... almost everyone!!
When they are overlooked for months and months, they often become worse, and yes miserable. I've seen it many times with animals I've visited at our local shelter. When they first come in they are so spunk and happy. Months go by, they get overlooked, everyone passes their cages because they're now slinked away back in the corner.

I think my local Humane Society is wonderful! Hence the reason I raise money and donate supplies to them every chance I get. Whenever someone is looking for an animal, I lead them on their way to my HS. They wouldn't let something like this happen.

I'm so sick of people using someone's age as an excuse. We are all human beings and we all have a way to voice ourselves.

That said, I'm not trying to argue with you, I just happen to have a differing opinion.

NOT saying that this happened to Roxy - it could've even been her previous home. But, just a few scary experiences could have definitely caused her aggression.

From what I understand, Roxy was hand-raised by BC. I could be wrong though because a few different stories were posted about that, too.

Thats not what shelters are for?

I believe what Carole meant is that shelters aren't a disposal, when you can't handle one animal to drop it off and get another. They are for animals in dyer need of homes.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing we can do now and it's obvious that the OP doesn't see this as something wrong to do, sadly. Hopefully there is still time for her to learn.

racing_gurl07
02-23-2006, 03:06 PM
i can say so much right now about what im thinking but im going to start anything! so ill keep it to myself!

carole
02-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Thank you Kay, you explained what i was trying to say in a few simple words, exactly what i meant.

Kfamr
02-23-2006, 03:55 PM
i can say so much right now about what im thinking but im going to start anything! so ill keep it to myself!

Yes, if you plan to start something then it is best to keep to yourself. Thus far, this thread in my opinion, has been fairly mature and everyone has done well with expressing their opinion on the subject.
It's best we lay it to rest because like I said, nothing can be done now...

My Peanuts
02-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes, if you plan to start something then it is best to keep to yourself. Thus far, this thread in my opinion, has been fairly mature and everyone has done well with expressing their opinion on the subject.
It's best we lay it to rest because like I said, nothing can be done now...

I agree in a way, but it's disturbing that she hasn't learned anything from all this. If she said, 'I made a mistake and I realize that and I won't do it again,' then even I'd stick up for her.

dab_20
02-23-2006, 05:21 PM
For example this week we got in two cats that were serendered from their owners beacuse they have allergies (arent there pills for that?)

I take pills because I am allergic to ALL animals with fur. It controls my allergies with my dogs, but I get horrible allergies everytime I go to my dad's because he's got a cat. I acctually got asthma from my cat... so we are spaying her and she's got to be a barn cat now. But I agree... they should have NEVER taken the cat to a shelter.

racing_gurl07
02-24-2006, 08:07 AM
But I agree... they should have NEVER taken the cat to a shelter.

I think its Fine if they brought the cat to our shelter, we are a non-PTS shelter. we dont put down anyone or disagree with anyone who brings in any animals.

shais_mom
02-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I think its Fine if they brought the cat to our shelter, we are a non-PTS shelter. we dont put down anyone or disagree with anyone who brings in any animals.

we aren't talking about a cat we are concerned about a bunny

racing_gurl07
02-24-2006, 01:02 PM
yes i know we are talking about Roxy..but im just saying things as an example.

carole
02-24-2006, 02:00 PM
I think a lot of very valid points have been raised in this thread regardless, and I just wish human beings would get rid of the idea that pets are disposal commodities, it really pains me. :(