PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from Sirrahkitties

sirrahbed
02-19-2006, 08:32 AM
We have been gone so long that I feel like I need to re-introduce ourselves :)

My name is Debbie and I live with my hubby and six kitties. My three children are grown and married. The youngest - Missy - was married three years ago and our last geriatric cat died right before her wedding. So, we had to replace our family with two kittens who needed a home - this was Eliot and Emily. Here they are sunning themselves on the back of the couch..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pc442e7a8a1554fe589faf66817d1a219/f0478302.jpg

The following year - two years ago - we adopted a one year old, big ole fluffy guy that someone did not want any more. I will never understand this because our Dylan is the sweetest and best natured kitty ever!! He is my sweetheart. Can you resist this sweet face?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/pf0fa7c1c506cbb85cd09a3c2a78f6186/f53cd941.jpg
How about this belly?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/pef377bea39a16d06ace6a92fa2455354/f1691bb7.jpg

Over the years, I was able to know many friends here on PetTalk. I think I have been here about 2 1/2 years. One friend is Kimlovescats who has a home-based kitty rescue. She posted pictures of a pregnant mamma cat who soon had a beautiful litter of kitties. Hubby and I chose two of them and wanted to give them a home so we drove down to Tennessee to pick them up when they wer ready. We named these babies Lizzie and Robbie...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/pdeb814bbbb50db064497c038ef55201e/f17dc9f4.jpg During that trip we were also able to meet Jazzcat and Catcrazylady.

Last summer, daughter Missy found out that her hubby would soon be leaving for Iraq and we wanted her to come home to the states to wait. She was so worried about her kitty Boomer and tried to find him a home there in Japan where thay are stationed with the military- either permanent or foster - but time ran out!! Many PT folks loved Boomer and helped us fly him all the way here so we could foster him and our daughter could keep her kitty! That was a very complicared adventure that my PT friends followed along with here on the forums, with Cinder & Smoke even tracking his flight and keeping the forum infomed of every step!! Boomer has always been an only cat but has found a place in our home...
Here is Boomer in the window - he is on the far right and is joined by Emily and Eliot...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p68958f6a50c6d038e35567d785798950/f1691c1a.jpg

I have been away from my computer since last September when daughter Missy came here to stay with us along with her son -our grandbaby Tyler!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid187/pf3875b61ebaeffd0257eb8a2a17973c9/f2367953.jpg

Her hubby is done with his tour in Iraq and the family returned to their home base two days ago so here I am! So good to be back!!!

PS...I am not real familiar with the newer forum and am not sure I posted my pictures correctly. My post seems to be too wide?? The pics are from Imagestation and may be too large?? Am I doing something wrong??

Grace
02-19-2006, 08:45 AM
The pictures are just the right size - and delightful to behold.

You say Missy and Tyler are no longer with you - did they go back to Japan, or are they in the States. What about Boomer - did he go with them, or stay with you?

Very nice to have you back http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/flower.gif

smokey the elder
02-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Welcome back and I'm glad Missy's husband is home safe from Iraq.

catmandu
02-19-2006, 08:53 AM
IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE YOU AHVE BEEN ON,AND I AM SURE THAT I SPEAK FOR OTHER PET TALKERS WHEN I SAY,THAT WE MISSED YOU.
ITS GREAT TO SEE BIG BOOMER WITH THE FAMILY AS THOUGH HE HAD ALWAYS BEEN THERE!!!
AND DO YOU KNOW I HAVE NEW KITTENS?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/Picture1487.jpg
MIQUELITO IS BESIDE THE MOOSE,AND POUNCIERGE IS GOING TO JUMP OFF THE TABLE.
WELCOME BACK
WELCOME BACK ,WELCOME BACK

catnapper
02-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Debbie! I am so excited to see you again! Great news to hear Missy's hubby is home safe! Woohoo!

You did not need to re-introduce yourself - you are much loved and remembered around here.

Welcome back! (((hugs)))

orangemm
02-19-2006, 09:32 AM
How could we possibly forget you and Boomer? NEVER. I'll always remember the excitement of his flight (and the worry we all shared) and the relief when he landed!

But, I am glad to hear the stories about your other furkids...had no idea about Dylan. :eek:

So glad to hear Missy's hubby is back, safe and sound.

Now don't be such a stranger anymore! :D ;)

rkidsrcats
02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
You'll have fun catching up! If you don't know, The Tribe of 5 is now Tribe of 6. Scooter was a little Seattle street cat that we adopted about 6 months ago from a very nice foster home associated with Seattle Animal Shelter. We saw him on Petfinder and his description was just like that of a young Tiger, so we knew he would fit in.

Great to see photos of your whole family. Boomer looks well adjusted to his new home. Hope you have time to post more. We've been busy too so have been off and on PT for the last few months. We can catch up together! ;)

The Tribe

kuhio98
02-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Debbie ~ Thank you for the update. I've been wondering what was going on with the Sirrah family. I'm glad that Paul's tour in Iraq is over and he has been reunited with Missy, Tyler and Boomer.

chocolatepuppy
02-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Welcome back! You have been missed, glad to hear all is well with you and your family. :)

CalliesMom
02-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Nice to "see" you again Debbie. Glad to hear everything is going well and that Missy's husband is safe!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks for you "re-introduction, Debbie!! Great pics too!
I am so glad that Paul made it back home safely. How was his reaction when he saw his son and Missy back? VERY emotional, I guess ...
They are gone to Japan already?? Wow, that leaves our PT-grandmom Debbie alone again (well, together with your hubby & cats :D )!
I don't understand what will happen to Boomer now... :confused: . He is still at your place, right? Is this FOREVER??
Hugs to my favorite PT-friend!!

moosmom
02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Deb,

Glad to hear Paul is back from Iraq safely. I just wish ALL the men and women were back. :(

Paul, I salute you!!

RedHedd
02-19-2006, 12:40 PM
It's so good to see you and your cat-crew back here on PT. I, too, am wondering about Missy, Paul Tyler and Boomer - are they back in Japan or are they back home here in the States?

sandragonfly
02-19-2006, 12:49 PM
no problem re-introducting, I never can get enough from you and your dear furrkids. ;)

yay! you're baaack - I thought of you all often (especially those who disappeared), especially I was on my way to east from west! now I'm much closer to you.. :D

I remember every single of them and very glad to see you all back! ((((debby)))) stay here now and good to hear paul is reunited safely!! is boomer with you or back with them? *anxious to know..*

a suggestion/thought in case you missed, make same thread for introduction section? your name is well-deserved to be missed!

krazyaboutkatz
02-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Welcome back Debbie!!! You've been missed. :) It's great to see you posting again. :)

shais_mom
02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear from you Debbie! So glad that Paul got back safely.
{{hugs to the crew}}

momcat
02-19-2006, 03:03 PM
It's so good to hear from you, Debbie!! You have been missed so much here at PT and I'm so glad you're back. What a beautiful fur family you have! How's Boomer? Will he be staying with you or going back with your daughter? Hope to hear from you again soon :D

Paul, Welcome home!!! Please allow me to say THANK YOU for your service in Iraq! I thank God for your safe return. God bless you always!!! A very grateful citizen.

prechrswife
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi, Debbie!! It is good to hear from you and to see your precious kitties again. I'm glad to hear that Paul has made it back from Iraq, and their family has been reunited. :D

rg_girlca
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Debbie, how good it is to have you back with us and those pictures are perfect. :)

It's so good to hear from you and to know that all is well with you, your family and the furkids. It's especially nice to know that Paul made it back safely from Iraq and has been reunited with his loving family. :D

kimlovescats
02-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Welcome Back, Debbie! It's great to know that you will be able to post regularly again!! You've been missed!

How wonderful that Paul, Missy and Tyler have finally been reunited! What a blessing!

Hugs to all,
Kim

lisalee
02-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome Back! Your kitties look as beautiful as ever, it's nice to see them all again! :)

christa
02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Debbie!!!

Wow I have really missed you and . . .

Josie has REALLY been missing Eliot!!!

Good to see you ALL back!

auggie
02-19-2006, 08:29 PM
So glad you’re back. We all missed you!
Lizzie and Robbie look so grown up.
How is Bummer? I’m sure he missed his mom as much as you do.
I’m glad your son-in-law made it back safe.

Maresche
02-20-2006, 07:13 AM
It is so good to have you back Debbie!

Randy_K
02-20-2006, 08:17 AM
You and Boomer have been missed! Welcome back.

Cataholic
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Harris Cats! You all are looking wonderful.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey Debbie, glad to see you back! Glad to hear Missy's hubby made it home OK and they're getting back to life as usual. Looks like Boomer is fitting right in and getting used to having brothers and sisters around. Hmmm.....does that mean Missy will have to get him a friend when they move back for good in the fall? ;) :D

catfamily
02-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I also haven't been on pettalk much after moving to Maine in our new home.So much to do with finding the perfect vet and looking for Doctors for me and Mike.
But I have to tell you...All your cats are looking finer than ever and oh so happy.
Eliot, Emily,Dylon,Lizzie,Robbie,and Boomer are so lucky to be in your family :D
Lucky cats to live with so much love in your home.You have a wonderful family.

I'll never forget that other cat you wanted from that horrible woman who breeds cats just for looks and wouldn't adopt to you.What a stupid woman she was.That cat needed you.I wonder where that cat ended up.She should be arrested for breeding cats like that.I was so mad I wanted to go to her house myself :D ;) :D .And have a few words with her.LOL

sirrahbed
02-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Getting back to PT is wonderful and I am so happy to hear from so many again - am in the process of catching up.

Renee - did not know the Tribe has grown. Funny how that happens :) I don't know about you, but SIX is really pushing my limits. Constant vacuuming, dusting, feeding and scooping :rolleyes:

Yes, Tyler, Paul and Missy are now back in Japan - she called me yesterday when the phone was reconnected there and all is well :) Boomer will remain here with us until the kids return to the states next November - then Boomer will go to live with them wherever that might be. No more kitties for them - hubby Paul is allergic so Boomer can be "only kitty" again. They will probably get a dog.

Lut - yes the arrival of Paul was emotional, but of course Tyler took right to him happily :) We brought Tyler to the airport when Missy and Tyler flew in from Baltimore. She flew there to greet Paul's arriving plane :)

Renate YES I remember the flight tracking time and was so glad to have PT to share this with!

Carla - oh my I DO remember often that experience with the owner of the retiring scottish fold we hoped to adopt. It was so humiliating and disappointing. That is sweet of you to join me in that - I still think of it from time to time. I wonder about that sweet cat but feel like she ended up happy in someone's home - maybe closer to where the original breeder was. I do not understand that concept of breeding cats for looks, etc. I am just a "regular" cat meowmie but YES, my kitties are spoiled and happy :) They are my babies.

Hopefully, Missy will be back to posting soon. She has some really good pictures of her camera! :D

K & L
02-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Glad to see you back! I've missed you!