PDA

View Full Version : So Cold!

dab_20
02-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Yesterday was -30 degrees Farenheit without the windsheild. It felt like -50 degrees with it! Molli and Sammy did NOT want to go outside to go potty. I had to pick Sam up everytime because he woulden't walk over by himself. :rolleyes: He is getting too big for that. lol

Sam had drank water right before he went outside and when he came back in his wiskers had frozen water on them. lol I can't take them for a walk until Monday or Tuesday... too cold!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Yikes!! Sounds awful...and I thought it was bad here!! It's only a little above zero here. Poor Sammy & Molli, I wouldn't want to go outside either...but I guess they don't have too much of a choice. Hope it warms up soon!

jesse_3
02-18-2006, 10:09 PM
This cold weather is perfect for snowmobiling, but it isn't too good for the doggies that aren't huskies!! lol!
Ofta, I took Jes out for a walk today (she wore her booties and the shirt that my cousin Rachel - rizzy - made for her!) We got really cold!!!

Steph and Jes

dab_20
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Tomorrow my hockey team gets to go snowboarding at Powder Ridge! :D I can't wait... hope I don't freeze.

RobiLee
02-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Oh my! :eek: I just don't know if I could take that..lol. Its not nearly as cold here in Ohio and I have been freezing all day. The girls seem to love it though. Crazy dogs!

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2006, 05:29 AM
I don't know how you guys can take so much bitter cold weather. I love the cool weather but it seems pretty extreme in that part of the country for me :eek:
Maybe you could share some of it with us and we'll all be happy :)

chocolatepuppy
02-19-2006, 06:55 AM
It's 4*F here right now! :eek: I get my girls in and out fast! While bear-like Mandy would be out for hours if she could :rolleyes: , Lacey is short haired and has what I call sissy feet, they stick to the ground in no time! So we go potties fast. ;)

Greyhound~lover
02-19-2006, 07:12 AM
:eek: Wow, and I thought Canada was cold. Actually this year has been very mild. It has just started getting cold these past few days. Although we managed to have a white X-mas it only stayed white for about 2 days.

Odd that when Jenny is all alone going to the bathroom outside she gets cold right when she's done and starts shaking like a milk-shaker. When she is off the leash running in the forest she doesn't seem to notice how thin greyhounds coats are.

P.S. Jenny sometimes pretends she's cold in the summer. The big faker, she just wants to be let in. {She's a real people-dog.}

Roxyluvsme13
02-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! It's 12 degrees here.

dab_20
02-19-2006, 01:24 PM
:eek: Wow, and I thought Canada was cold. Actually this year has been very mild. It has just started getting cold these past few days. Although we managed to have a white X-mas it only stayed white for about 2 days.

Odd that when Jenny is all alone going to the bathroom outside she gets cold right when she's done and starts shaking like a milk-shaker. When she is off the leash running in the forest she doesn't seem to notice how thin greyhounds coats are.

P.S. Jenny sometimes pretends she's cold in the summer. The big faker, she just wants to be let in. {She's a real people-dog.}

Yeah, it also has been the warmest winter here since like the 1940's sometime. This weekend is the coldest all year. It's like an arctic thing that is blowing down from part of Canada. lol

kuhio98
02-19-2006, 01:27 PM
The weather sure has been strange this year. It's 40 above here in Anchorage, Alaska.

dab_20
02-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow... for once, I wish I was there in Alaska! lol