PDA

View Full Version : Humane Society dog a hero after saving near-frozen cat

critters
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
"The following article was recently posted to the VetPet Partners e-list and
is shared with VetPet's good wishes for all pets and their caretakers.
Information about VetPet is available at: http://www.vetpetpartners.org ."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Humane Society dog a hero after saving near-frozen cat
http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=18842

catmandu
02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
That Is Such A Feel Good Story,and I Hope That That Wonderful Dog Recieves Som Treats For His Efforts.
And Thats Wonderful That Cat,has Found Her Furr Ever Home.
Who Says There Are No Good News Stories.

lizbud
02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Oh wow, what a great dog. :) He has a loving, caring heart.
I'm glad the little kitty was adopted. :)

moosmom
02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
When one door closes, another door opens.

Recently, Ginny, the cat rescuing dog, who has had a couple of books written about her, died after years of rescuing cats. I guess God had a purpose for Cleo.

Bless you Cleo for finding this poor baby. You are a true hero!! Buy this hero a big, honking STEAK will ya????

kb2yjx
02-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I remember reading those books about Ginny!!! This is another special dog that sees all God's creatures with love, care, and concern!!

krazyaboutkatz
02-18-2006, 07:08 PM
What a heartwarming story. :) Great job Cleo!!! :D

icedtea
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Well done for saving that helpless cat

Lizzie
02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
When one door closes, another door opens.

Recently, Ginny, the cat rescuing dog, who has had a couple of books written about her, died after years of rescuing cats. I guess God had a purpose for Cleo.

Bless you Cleo for finding this poor baby. You are a true hero!! Buy this hero a big, honking STEAK will ya????

Is that the dog whose caregiver was a guy who had been in an industrial accident? The dog led him into rescuing cats. I remember reading about them in Cats magazine many years ago. The guy must be devastated at losing her.

moosmom
02-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Philip Gonzalez was Ginny's owner. I met him and Ginny years ago at a cat adopt-a-thon at Madison Square Garden. Philip was in an industrial accident and could no longer work. He became depressed and suicidal when his counselor suggested he go to the pound and adopt a buddy. Ginny picked him. It was love at first sight. They were inseparable and yes, he was devastated and still IS that he lost her. She was a truly amazing dog who saved MANY cats and kittens from death. I guess God passed along Ginny's responsibilities to Cleo.

Lizzie
02-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Thank you for the information, moosmom. I hope he made enough money from those books to keep him going because I know that at the time of the article he was having a tough time because of all the cats Ginny kept finding for him. I hope that he can open himself up to another dog, for companionship, although I doubt he will get another like Ginny.

Felix
02-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow! what an awsome story.

buttercup132
02-19-2006, 08:36 PM
What a great story!