PDA

View Full Version : Odd Behavior

JKRJG24
07-09-2000, 07:17 PM
My neighbor has two golden retreivers and he works a lot like from 8:00am to 5:00pm and for to big dogs that is a very long time. So I go over to his house and let them out for him. The oldest is normle but the other one is nuts!! I think it has asma or some thing every time it runs around for a little while it starts coughing and I have to get it to sit down and I pet it until it stops! The other thing is its not that bright like last week when I let her out I have this ball there for them and it got lost so when she was looking for it she found a huge rock and it was about the same size as the ball so she picked it up and was running around with it like it was a ball it was so funny!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif She is always doing something like that! I love her so much though she such a sweetie!

[This message has been edited by JKRJG24 (edited July 09, 2000).]

snoopklt
07-09-2000, 10:25 PM
Only my opinion but it sounds like the baby might have a heart condition or maybe heart worms.The dogs are probably very bored. Talk to their human and suggest a check up and maybe doggie day care a couple times a week.snoop

------------------
snoop

JKRJG24
07-10-2000, 10:20 AM
That is a good idea I'll talk to him and find out if he can do that!!!! I'll also see if he can get a vet appointment for them. I never thought about heat conditions and worms! thanks a lot!!!!!!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

snoopklt
07-10-2000, 10:09 PM
Your very welcome. If he doesn't respond or attempt to make an effort to fix the problem call your local humane society and complain of neglect. Might work,might not! My humane society won't respond unless the animal is not given shelter from the elements or physical abuse is present.Here you can starve your pet,but can't leave it in the rain!Go figure! If you get the point to where you have no place too turn,try the media and the whole neighborhood. Lot of animal lovers out there. Offer too adopt the babies if you can! snoop

DeAnna
07-10-2000, 11:59 PM
This dog sounds very creative! I think he sounds like a lot of fun. My poodle (Joey) died of lung cancer and had a cough. The vet said dogs don't just get lung cancer but is a result of another cancer spreading. Joey had a tumor on his bladder that spread to his lungs. I would get this little guy to his doctor for a check-up. Give him a tummy rub for me.

------------------
DeAnna

Xochitl's Mom
07-16-2000, 11:19 PM
I agree that you should ask your friend to have his dog checked by the vet. But it might not be a serious problem.
Some dogs cough when stressed. I rescued my dog Xochitl from a shelter. She'd been abused and was VERY shy. My vet had given her a clean bill of health but she coughed alot when we first got her whenever she was particularly exited or anxious..which was alot since she had some separation anxiety problems for the first couple of months.
We worked on the separation problem and she doesn't cough anymore.
So, It could be, if the vet says there is no health problem, that the owner needs to spend more time with the dogs when he's home. Good for you for keeping them company!
:-) Bettina