PDA

View Full Version : I have had a crappy 2 weeks!!!

jesse_3
02-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, I have not been on for 2 weeks and a few days because I had a frustrating and painful time. You see, I had a headache for this long, and it is the WORST pain I have ever felt. It hurt worse than a snowmobile accident I was in (I went over a 9 foot culvert on my dad's snowmobile), so after 4 days with the headache, I went to the doc's at night. Well, the doc thought that it was a migraine, so he gave me a shot of immatrex. I had a severe allergic reaction within 2 minutes of the shot, and the docs were really worried. I had hives and I felt like I was on fire. Well, I have never had a headache before, so the doc was concerned and told me that if it wasn't gone by the next day, then I would be hospitalized, have a CAT scan, and a spinal tap. When I woke up that next morning, I still had the headache, so I wound up in the hospital after the CAT scan didn't show any brain tumors or brain hermeraging (sp?). He took a spinal tap, and that should up clear too. The final conclusion is now that I had too much estrogen (sp?) (I was on birth control pills for health reasons) so now I am off of those, and on Ammatriptaline (sp?). It is better now, and I am finally able to get a little homework done, and come on PT for a little bit.

Sorry this post is so long!!! I'll close it now saying I hope that everyone has stayed healthy and safe for the past couple of weeks!!!
Steph and the gang

MariaM
02-18-2006, 12:36 PM
I didn't know how bad it was. :( I'm sorry Steph... that sounds horrible. I'm glad the spinal tap and CAT scan came back clear though.

Toby's my baby
02-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Steph!! I'm so sorry to hear this! :( I hope you feel better soon!! {{HUGS}}

poofy
02-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Im so glad you got help..your in my prayers.. :)

luvofallhorses
02-18-2006, 02:36 PM
you poor thing! :( I hope you are feeling better soon! (((hugs)))

smokey the elder
02-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I hope you feel better. Headaches are the pits and can be very scary. I get nasty sinus ones sometimes. I'm glad there's nothing wrong "upstairs".

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Poor you!!!
Hey, how was the spinal tap? Was it painful ? I am facing one this week too :(

sandragonfly
02-19-2006, 01:10 PM
yikes stephanie!

first of all, welcome back!! :D miss you all and your furcrews.

second, I admire you bravely for saying nothing about the pain of spinal tap! :eek: ;)

third.. I'm sorry you had to go through all of this! :( funny just back last year spring, I went through exactly same, got hives too, they swollen my throat after a wrong pill. and ended up with aneurysm/menigitis. but anyway, so glad it wasn't something servely bad..

well! ((((stephanie)))) - take easy on yourself and hopefully you'll stay feeling at your best for long! (and you still have your new digital.....right?) :cool:

cyber-sibes
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh, poor girl! I hate lingering headaches, they're just sheer misery. did you have to stay flat for hours on end after the spinal tap? I had to this past summer when I had surgery, it drove me nuts to lie there staring at the ceiling for 8 hours. So glad to hear they figured it out and you feel better now.