PDA

View Full Version : Urg. What a nice start to the day. (edit)

slleipnir
02-18-2006, 07:31 AM
So, here is my stupidity of the day.

Seeing today is my last day petsitting, I wanted to wash all the sheets/towels I used. So, I fire them in the wash. I go down to put them in the drier...guess what I find at the bottom of the washer? My cell phone. Oh yes. How lovely...So, now that it is all fresh and clean...it obviously doesn't work. I just can have the best of both worlds, can I?

So, what the heck do I do with it now? I had a 3 yr thing on it...I might be up to 1 year? I can afford to buy it....

As pissed off as I am about it, I still had to smile about it. It's just such a dumb thing to do!

(edit)Now that I think about it...I forgot to put soap in the wash. So it's not really a clean and fresh phone..it's just a wet phone. I REALLY need to go back to bed. Obviously I was never ment to get up at 7am after a long night *sigh*

(edit2) read my last post :)

catnapper
02-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Awwwww (((hugs)))) my kids actually did that -- hence they are no longer allowed to do laundry at my SIL's (they were babysitting their cousins)

Even though you have a contract, you can still get a new phone as long as you remain with that cell phone carrier. Be aware you'll be paying full price instead of the discounted price they lured you into the plan with... unless you pay for the monthly insurance (I don't know anybody who does because by the time you pay the $5 monthly fee, and by the time you need a phone, they only reimburse you like $50 so its not worth it unless you lose the phoine in the first month or so! :D )

Go back to bed and pretend today never happened!

anna_66
02-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Oh Audrey, I'm sorry I can't help but laugh:o It sounds like something I'd do :rolleyes:
Is the "thingie" your talking about a replacement contract or something like that? My brother (the WORST with phones) has one of them on his because he is constantly breaking his one way or another and if they can't fix it they replace it free of cost. Hopefully this is what you have!

Now, go back to bed and start all over again:D

slleipnir
02-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Awwwww (((hugs)))) my kids actually did that -- hence they are no longer allowed to do laundry at my SIL's (they were babysitting their cousins)

Even though you have a contract, you can still get a new phone as long as you remain with that cell phone carrier. Be aware you'll be paying full price instead of the discounted price they lured you into the plan with... unless you pay for the monthly insurance (I don't know anybody who does because by the time you pay the $5 monthly fee, and by the time you need a phone, they only reimburse you like $50 so its not worth it unless you lose the phoine in the first month or so! :D )

Go back to bed and pretend today never happened!

I wish! I have to work though. I never get up this early. I mean, I always do my washes at home, and I've never had a problem...I always check pockets etc. (and I ALWAYS put soap in!!) It's going to be one of those days. I've been running on limited sleep too though, so I'm really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight and SLEEPING in.

I was hoping it would just dry out and work again...but I guess that is just wishful thinking....I really can't afford to pay more for this. I already pay more than I should be.

slleipnir
02-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh Audrey, I'm sorry I can't help but laugh:o It sounds like something I'd do :rolleyes:
Is the "thingie" your talking about a replacement contract or something like that? My brother (the WORST with phones) has one of them on his because he is constantly breaking his one way or another and if they can't fix it they replace it free of cost. Hopefully this is what you have!

Now, go back to bed and start all over again:D

I ment the 3 yr contract...I doubt I have any form of insurance on it...Do I have to go in and ask them to find out?

anna_66
02-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Well when you signed up they should have asked you if you wanted insurance but if you can't remember it should say on your bill (there's usually like a $3 charge or so for it).

If you don't have it, looks like it's a charge for a new phone:(

buttercup132
02-18-2006, 09:59 AM
aww lol ((hugs)) but still funny. I agree more night night time might be needed lol:o

Crikit
02-18-2006, 12:52 PM
I feel for you Audrey as I've done this not once but twice before...what can I say I'm a little absent minded at times. Depending on what service provider you are with you should just be able to replace the phone without having to pay for a new contract or anything like that.

I'm on a pay as you go phone with bell and when I've washed my phone they just let me buy a replacemnt phone which I think ran me around $150 before gst for a pretty good model of phone. When I was with rogers however they were kind of jerky about it and said that I couldn't just buy a new phone...that could have just been the jerks here in Calgary though. They do sometimes let you do a phone upgrade as well depending on how long you've had your phone which can be cheaper as well, so it wouldn't hurt to contact the company and you're with and see what your options are.

slleipnir
02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
I never actually BOUGHT the phone. I paid like $50 for whatever...but I didn't buy it???

slleipnir
02-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Just thought you all might like to know:

IT WORKS AGAIN!!! I'm so happy. It must have been a good thing I forgot that soap hahah.