02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
voted - NO BREED BANNING :mad:

Jadapit
02-17-2006, 12:45 PM
voted - NO BREED BANNING :mad:

Ditto!! I voted NO also.

Anita Cholaine
02-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I voted. Breed banning is such sad thing...

Dixieland Dancer
02-17-2006, 01:12 PM
The article states BSL is short for breed specific legislation designed to control certain types of dogs that are deemed dangerous.

Lumping all dogs into one certain catagory is wrong. The correct catagory for banning should be SOB, Stupid Owners Banned! Even a mild mannered Golden retriever can be vicious if it's treated wrong and not taught correctly. While it is easier for certain breeds to be aggressive, it is the owners who make or break the dog.

I do agree certain people should not own certain breeds but that doesn't mean the entire breed should be banned. It is up to the responsible breeders of these breeds that are being cornered for being banned that really need to step up to the plate. They need to do more investigating who is getting their pups and making sure the owners socialize the dog properly and go to obedience classes with them.

buttercup132
02-17-2006, 02:08 PM
its English bull terrier NOT a Pit bull Ugh I HATE how they do that! Just cause they have bull in there name!!!:mad:

Flatcoatluver
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
uhhh voted no!!!! :mad:

Jessika
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow, surprisingly the majority voted yes :(

And I find it funny, that the Bull Terrier is not a Pit Bull. Once again the media screwed up and is giving them a bad name..

Karen
02-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Go vote! The Yes for BSL is winning, but not by much!

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Wow, surprisingly the majority voted yes :(

And I find it funny, that the Bull Terrier is not a Pit Bull. Once again the media screwed up and is giving them a bad name..

True, but they are lumping all of the so called "fighting dogs" into one category - Pitbull. The fact that Bull Terriers were used for bull baiting makes the media automatically refer to them as "Pit Bulls". Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, American Pitbull Terriers and Bull Terriers were all once used for bull baiting.

I voted NO, I love these breeds and feel they should be treated the same as every other dog on the planet. They should be properly bred and sold only to owners that are knowledged and experienced with the breeds. Most of the people that have these dogs only use them for protection and dog fighting - when the true pitbull is a loving, devoted creature that thrives on human companionship.

NO BSL! :mad:

lvpets2002
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I voted no.. I do believe that No Dog or Breeds are born with meanness & feel that most of the time its the enviroment or handler..

Jessika
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Its just sad that people are so quick to judge (not just dogs, but everything in general) and see opinion as fact and won't even educate themselves first :(

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
It is very sad, why the heck dont they ban guns? And smoking? These things kill people way more often than any dog does. Why dont they lock up all of the people that are aggressive and "look like they are killers", into a little cell and then euthanize them? It just breaks my heart that these dogs have to be blamed for peoples actions, when us humans are the most dangerous things on earth. I wish I could take all of those dogs and show them the love and respect they deserve. Then I would take all of their "owners" and put them on a chain, not give them any food/water and beat them. Maybe then they would realize that almost every dog attack has a reason - and that pitbulls are almost driven to insanity because of the conditions they live in. :(

Jadapit
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
This is the list of dogs that are banned in Aurora. It is close to Denver. My son lives in Aurora. I'm so glad Ebony is out of there!!!

Pit bulls

American bulldogs

American pit bull terriers

American Staffordshire terriers

Staffordshire bull terriers

Cane Corso

Dogos

Filas

Presa Canarios

Presa mallorquins

Tosas

sammy101
02-17-2006, 04:36 PM
of course i voted no.BSL is so stupid :( :mad: I wish people would realize its not breeds as a whole. Bull Terriers are lovely dogs,and like you guys said,they banned them because they are 'related' to pits.I dont know how people can get Bull Terriers mixed up with Pit Bulls,they look totally different to me

*LabLoverKEB*
02-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I voted NOOOOO! for BSL! :mad: :mad:

beeniesmom
02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
voted - NO BREED banning!!! :mad:

Alysser
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Automatic no! We are catching up! :D