PDA

View Full Version : I feel terrible! Hospital maybe??New UPDATE!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry because I don't reply as much as I used to do :( . I make sure you all get pics from my cats, but that's about it, as I cannot spend much time on my pc.
What is wrong with me??
Some of you must remember my continuous back problems over the last years. I had a major operation in 2003, when I got an artificial disc implanted.
But that is just the beginning of he troubles... . :(
Within 1 year I got 2 blood-clots in my legs: I am forced to take bloodthinners for the rest of my life... .
The worst is this: end of 2004, I lost feeling in my legs, could hardly walk or stand. I was in hospital during 2 weeks then. Part of my lower legs was paralysed and numb. After the removal of bone-marrow from my spine, and several brainscans, a conclusion was made: it was almost 60% sure that I have MS (multiple sclerosis). Not 100% sure, so I am NOT allowed to take medicine to stop MS yet.
Since November this year all my joints are hurting terible, and it is very painful to get up from sitting, and put weight on my legs. I got cortizone shots in January. For nearly 3 weeks, the pain was much less, and I believed I was finally getting better.

BUT............ it just doesn't work for me. All the joints and muscles are extremely painful again. I can hide it very well to other people, so lots of friends don't know till I tell them... :rolleyes: . I really am at my wits end now. What will happen with me? Do I have MS or not? If not, what is wrong then?? I am not in doubt that it IS MS, as my mom has it in the highest degree. She is paralysed 100% (she is 83)... .

I phoned my neurologist today and told her all about what is going on now. She sais she wants to see me asap, so that will be coming Tuesday afternoon. She also gave me a scaring message: "Be sure to bring your PJ's with you: I think it is possible that you have to stay in hospital for tests.." :eek:
Tests???? OMG, that means another withdrawel of bone marrow from my spine. It is VERY painful, and you have to lay down (head lower than feet) for at least 24 hours.. . If not, your brain might get hurt and give unbearable headaches! Lots of unpleasant tests will follow...
I am so scared and upset right now. I am sorry for venting here, and for this long post. But I really need my friends now! I don't know how to handle this situation any longer. I try to be jolly, but I just cannot do this any longer :(
I am so nervouss but also very depressed; I am just sitting or lying there all day, worrying and worrying. The result is that I sleep badly too now... :(

I need help from my friends here on PT. I am desperate....

ps; Thanks God for my furry nurses. I don't know what I would do without them!! They fell something is wrong, and they come and lay on me on the couch.

caseysmom
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
I had a friend get diagnosed with MS recently, I thought it wasn't that hard to determine? MS as you know is degenerative over the years, you could have these types of symptoms for years from what I understand. I hope its not that....I know the older I get things just hurt more, could it be arthritis:?

poofy
02-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry you have been going thru all this and more to come..
I hate to think of suffering like that..im crying for you cause my heart hurts for you so much..I will keep you in my prayers.My daughter had a deseased heart..no help but a heart transplant, which she wouldnt be able to get in time to save her..they doctors allsaid she would not live 2 years , we agreed in prayer that God would give her a new heart, now her heart was totally destroyed except for a tiny part that ws barely keeping her alive..and we prayerd and trusted God..and before the 2 years was up, they doctors were so amazed they couldnt belive her heart is complety new, like new tissuse and evey thing..We stand on our belive that God answers prayers because we have seen him do it so much..put your trust in God and let the doctors help with what they can, but belive with all your heart that whatsoeevey you ask in the name of Jeus he will give you..God bless you so very much..

Karen
02-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Youi will be in our prayers, certainly. I do know that cortisone shots "wear off" after a period of time. Bring the silliest, goofiest slippers you won with you, in case you do have to stay in the hospital - that'll at least give you - and those around you - something to smile at.

I hope that, whatever the diagnosis, they figure something out that will help you and relieve some of the pain.

Then we need to somehow get at least Inka certified as a "Therapy Cat" so Bernard can bring her in to visit, otherwise, maybe Indra could get a very large purse and smuggle a kitty in! (Girls arouse less suspicion with a large purse than men do!)

Husky_mom
02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
i really dont know what to say, hope its notingh serious and that they can give you something to feel better, you will be in my thoughts.........hugs :)

Vela
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry you are having such physical difficulties. It's very hard to be debilitated like that. I sympathize with you greatly. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong and get you some help. Try not to despair. You will be in our thoughts and prayers that they can figure out what it wrong and help you feel better.

Jadapit
02-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this! I also hope they figure out what is going on with you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

slick
02-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh Lut, I just don't know what to say except that I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all go away.
Sorry because I don't reply as much as I used to doDon't ever be sorry. Lut, you are so loved and we all care about you. You are in my daily prayers, hon.

{{{hugs}}} and kisses to the furry nurses. They certainly know how to do their job.
xoxo

furrykidsmother
02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I am so very sorry to hear all that you have been going through. The waiting and not knowing I am sure is very difficult and the fear of having to go through more tests, especially the bone marrow withdrawal, that does sound scary. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers are on their way to you.

anna_66
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
After our talk this morning I felt so terrible for you. I can't imagine the constant pain you are living with every day and been have the last few years. Makes me think maybe my hurts aren't so bad after all.
I hope that if you have to stay in the hospital that it's not for long. If you sleep bad at home it's got to be much worse being there.

Lut, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers hoping the pain of the tests are bearable for you.
Tell Indra to email with updates any time she feels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/NewImage.jpg
Anna

Kfamr
02-17-2006, 01:57 PM
So sorry you're not feeling well, Lut... please keep us updated and I hope you get some healing powers soon!

Daisy and Delilah
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Lut, my heart is breaking for you. Oh how hard it is to endure what you're going through. I will pray for you really hard and I just hope that you're going to get better very soon :D

catnapper
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh Lut (((hugs))))

I wish I could be there to help you through the scary parts. Thank goodness you do have the girls to help you through everything (and a caring hooman family too)

I'll be thinking about you and praying you finally get a diagnosis!

rg_girlca
02-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Lut, I can only imagine what you must be going through. My heart goes out to you.

My prayers and positive thoughts are on the way.

Please try to keep the faith and keep up a positive attitude that the doctors will be able to help you with your pain.

((((((HUGS))))))

Lizzie
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Lut,

I've only been reading your posts for a few weeks, but those have been so engaging that I feel I know you a little already and that has made reading your news very upsetting.

It's horrible to move from our own comfortable environment into that of a hospital (I feel that way even though I used to be a nurse) and suddenly feel powerless, constantly facing the unkown and the painful known. When I was facing major surgery, I bought myself a very expensive and glamorous ivory silk dressing gown to take to the hospital. Very impractical, I know, and I couldn't really afford it. But it made me feel as though I was stamping my personality onto an environment in which I would become just another patient, no matter how good the hospital. Having been through this kind of thing before, I'm sure you will remember to take things from home with you to remind you that you are going home when they've finished the tests. Perhaps you can take one of the cats' small toys with you to hold while they do the tests?

Please ask your daughter to keep us updated. We will want news and become anxious if we don't hear anything. Perhaps posting here will take her mind off what will be a distressing time for her also. I'm really glad you have close family to support you and to hold onto.

Hang tough! But don't hold back on asking for medication to help you through everything. My best wishes for as speedy a visit to the hospital as possible and the most hopeful results from your test.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Thank you, dear friends!! I knew it, this is the best place to ask for good thoughts :) It is 10 pm here now.Normally I don't go to bed this early, but I am so tired.... guess I have been worrying contantly :(
Nighty night dear friends!http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20915%20cat_in_bed.gif

Edwina's Secretary
02-17-2006, 03:07 PM
My thoughts and best wishes are with you Lut!

jenluckenbach
02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Sweet Lut, my dear friend, I will pray for you every moment. If I could do more I would certainly do so. PLEASE try to continue to keep your spirits up. May any tests you need be painless and conclusive so treatment can begin.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Barbara
02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
All the best for you Lut, I hope they can find something that helps you.

prechrswife
02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
(((((Hugs))))) You will be in my prayers.

sandragonfly
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
oh my dear lut... not you. :( loss at words! - I only can think you've been going through h*ll. big, big gentle hearty bearhug to you from me, I know it wouldn't wand your pains away but do know you're definitely in my thoughts and absolutely in prayers. please, please to have someone update for you if you can't be around.

hugging the way you always hug!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/62395799.gif

:) hang in there dear!

lvpets2002
02-17-2006, 03:23 PM
:( Oh Lut I am sorry of your medical problems & you feeling uukkyy.. You know Pet Talk family is with & behind you all the way.. I know Bernard & your furrpurr babies will take good care of you.. Me & the girls sends lots of whisker kisses, head bumps, Prayers & (((( Hugs )))).. Keep us posted..

catlover4ever
02-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Lut, I am so sorry to hear how awful things have been for you. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Make sure your furry-nurses take real good care of you. ((((gentle hugs)))) --- Meg

kimboe
02-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I hope everything goes well for you Lut, I pray that there will be something soon to heal you and take and away your pain. sending many prayers your way!
Get well soon... :)

Sonia59
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Lut I don't know what to say. You are definitely in my thoughts, everyday.

Whatever it is I hope you will know it soon and that they will find the best treatment for you.

You have a fantastic family to take good care of you, and four great nurses. PT family is with you too. Keep us posted. You know that you can e-mail or phone me.

(((((HUGS)))))

lizbud
02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Lut, I am so sorry to hear that you have been suffering like this. :(
I will certainly keep you in my daily prayers.I hope the Doctors can
quickly find any problems & you get you feeling better soon.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Dear Lut

Special thoughts heading your way - sorry I missed you on msn today. Thinking of you sweetie xx

zippy-kat
02-17-2006, 05:02 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this scary time, Lut. May God guide the doctors as they perform the tests.

{{hugs}}

Pam
02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Lut I remember your surgery but thought you were all better since then. I am so sorry to read all of this. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a sweet person. It just does not seem fair that you are going through all of this. ((((hugs))))

catmandu
02-17-2006, 05:22 PM
The Pet Angels Have Heard Your Call,and You Will Have Visiting Angels To Help You With Your Pain 24/7 As Long As You Need Them.
Mister Scrappy And Fluffy Always Made Me Feel Better,and They Should Be By Your Side Now.
And Prayers Are Coming From The Found Cat Hotel And I,that The Doctors Will Be Able To Relieve Your Pain.

chocolatepuppy
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry you are going through this. :( I hope the doctors can help you to feel better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Russian Blue
02-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry you are going through this!! :( I've had a lot of long term illness with members of my family so I know a little of what you are going through.

The best I can offer is a very warm ((( hug ))) and many positive healing vibes being sent your way.

kb2yjx
02-17-2006, 09:48 PM
O Lut!! I am so sorry to hear about this!!!Rest assured that many prayers will be coming your way from me and all of the Clan!! Ralph and Raven are the retired therapy cats and if we could we would be on a plane and at your bedside!!! Take Care!!!! Sandra & the Clan

Cinder & Smoke
02-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi God ~

Need sum Help down here onna Ole Durt Ball - for Miz Lut.

Please Help her ta *perk up* a bit an feel a lil stronger.

We'd also like iffin You could go over da Big Book wiffa White Coats - see iffin
You can help 'em spot da rite page ta read to get her feelin better.

Keep us posted; an let us knowe iffin there's anythin we can do ...
course we'll keep Paryin every day.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups anna Purrayer Kat

NoahsMommy
02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
((((LUT))))))

Keeping you in my heart, thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

I just sent you a PM...let me know if I can help.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Catty1
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Lut - I was glad to see your snoring kitty avatar...sounds like you were set for a good night's sleep! I wish you a deep peaceful sleep and sweet dreams and furry nurses!

HUGS

Candace

AlleyCat
02-17-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling so hot for a while now. I know a doctor/hospital visit doesn't sound great, and I sincerely hope they find a solution with as little pain as possible. Hugs to you, and you know us on PT will be thinking of you !!

kimlovescats
02-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Dear sweet Lut ... I am so very sad to hear what pain you are in, and the added worry of a diagnosis! :( Please don't ever be afraid to share what you are feeling here with your PT friends .... you are a very much loved friend to us here!!! I pray that the doctors will be able to finally give you a definitive diagnosis, so that they can start you on whatever therapy or treatments you need to feel better and be at your best again! Please try to keep the Faith that God is in control, and will pull you through these difficult times!

Love and many HUGS and prayers!
Kim ;)

rg_girlca
02-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Very well said Kim.

Lut, we will all be here, virtually holding your hand to help you get through this.

((((((HUGS))))))

krazyaboutkatz
02-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still in so much pain and that you may also need to stay in hospital for a while. :( My SIL was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and she has her good days and bad days. I hope that the doctors will be able to help you and determine what is causing you so much pain. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. Take care. ((((HUGS))))

carole
02-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Lut i am terribly sorry to hear of your suffering, and hope you can find out what is really wrong with you, i have PMed you. take care.

ChrisH
02-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Prayers, postive thoughts and love on the way to you sweet lady.

{{gentle Hugs}}

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-18-2006, 04:45 AM
UPDATE Saturday morning

Oh my, thank you so much everybody for all the reactions! It feels oh so good to know how many people care about me!!! Hug kiss for EVERYBODY!!

The message that touched me deeply, is the "talk-to-God" from our PT-prayer-dogs!! Aw Phred, you are not well either, and still you find the time and courage to pray for others :) . Give Cinder and Smoke a big hug from me!!

This morning I feel the same like yesterday. In the morning it always is a bit worse, because the painkillers from last night aren't working anymore. So, better get some food asap now, and a strong painkiller............

Daisy and Delilah
02-18-2006, 05:42 AM
((((((hugs)))))) :)

orangemm
02-18-2006, 06:04 AM
Oh, Lut, I had no idea you had such awful problems; all your posts are so upbeat and cheerful, no one would suspect anything was wrong.

We are here for you. No matter what is wrong, we will all pray for you and support you with our love and good thoughts. That's the beauty of a place like this, all these wonderful, caring people together can make a difference with prayers and support.

PLEASE have someone update us. If only it were possible that you could have your furbabies with you, it might make everything bearable (that's how -I- feel whenever I face a tough situation).

Just remember we are with you.

(((((HUGS)))))

Renate

Kirsten
02-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh Lut, I had NO idea!!! (((HUGS))) I thought your problems still came from your spine only (which would have actually been bad enough).

It's terrible not to know what's wrong, and facing days in the hospital with all these tests is depressing indeed! Two years ago, I had a lumbal punction and was allowed to get up after 6 hours, which was way too early - and I had the worst headaches of my life for 10 days!!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish you all the best!!

Kirsten

Randi
02-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain again. :( I remember what you went through the last few years and was hoping you were a lot better now.
Hopefully the doctors will find out exactly what's wrong and can do something about it.

Best wishes and hugs.

AbbyMom
02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Daily prayers and hugs comoing your way....

Donnaj4962
02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh Lut.... I am so sorry to hear of the pain that you are suffering. I hope and pray that the tests are as painless as possible and that they find a diagnosis SOON so that you can begin to feel better. My girls and I will keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers. I feel as if I know you as I see your beautiful kitties pictures and hear the wonderful stories of their adventures and how they have become such wonderful and loving fursiblings! Keep the faith that the docs will find the answer to your pain. Donna, Tabitha, and Sasha

Poo
02-18-2006, 10:14 AM
(((((hugs)))))) and prayers on their way to you.

Nicki x

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I had NO idea!!! (((HUGS))) I thought your problems still came from your spine only (which would have actually been bad enough).

It's terrible not to know what's wrong, and facing days in the hospital with all these tests is depressing indeed! Two years ago, I had a lumbal punction and was allowed to get up after 6 hours, which was way too early - and I had the worst headaches of my life for 10 days!!

I searched for the old thread, posted in Oktober last year...
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=64260&page=1&pp=30

jazzcat
02-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry you having to endure so much pain and I know the prospect of all the tests isn't helping.

My brother has MS, he was diagnosed in the late 90s when he was around 35 years old. He's been on several drugs over the years, a few experimental, and although nothing has corrected the damage done to his legs (he must walk with a walker or use a scooter/wheel chair for long distances) the drugs have helped to slow the progress of the disease for now.

I'm curious, since they haven't diagnosed you with MS yet have they not found any lesions on your spine or brain? My brother was diagnosed after months of symptoms, a spinal tap and an MRI which revealed lesions on his spine.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lut.

jesse_3
02-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh Lut! I really do not know what to say, but hugs and prayers are definetely on the way!

I will for sure be thinking of you,
Steph

My whole bunch is keeping their toes and paws crossed for you!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh, Lut, I just saw this. I'm so sorry!
I know how awful it is being in pain every second of your life.
Lots and lots of prayers are on the way!
(((HUGS))) too!

gini
02-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh, Lut, I just saw this thread as well. How this upsets me for you. You can certainly count on my prayers for you..........and I know that everyone here including the prayer pups are storming heaven in your name.

As Slick said, how I wish that I had special powers to heal..............and take all of this away from you, our dear Belgian friend.

momcat
02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Dear Lut, Often our deepest feelings are the hardest to express. Maybe that's why the words won't come to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of what you're going through. I won't say I know how you feel because I've never been there but I do understand your fear and apprehension over the possibility of being away from your family, enduring another series of painful tests, and worrying about what they may reveal. Once your doctors know what the problem is, the healing process can start. I'm a deacon in my church and have already called my Pastor. You are going to be one of our prayer concerns at our Sunday services and will be remembered every day by our prayer team and me. Just remember that you're not alone. If it were possible I'm confident that everyone here on PT would be in Belgium at your side to see you through this. Many prayers are being prayed for you each day. God bless you!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-18-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm curious, since they haven't diagnosed you with MS yet have they not found any lesions on your spine or brain? My brother was diagnosed after months of symptoms, a spinal tap and an MRI which revealed lesions on his spine.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lut.

Yes, that is exactly what they found! White spots on my MRI of the brain, and that what you mentioned in my spinal fluid. Me too, I do NOT understand why they cannot say the diagnoze 100% sure. My doc just said that "there is proof, but not enough to be sure"..... :( Whatever she means by "not enough" :confused: :confused: . I wish she could make up her mind, so I can start fighting the disease instead of "waiting till something happens" :rolleyes:

luvofallhorses
02-18-2006, 03:50 PM
oh no! :( I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are feeling better soon! (((hugs)))

Catty1
02-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Lut - like you don't have enough to deal with - but sounds like you need an advocate...you're right, wait til when????

As I pm'd you, my sister has had MS for 20 years - and the MS Society has nurses and other people available to just confer with. They are on the client's side, and can really help on a personal level. They might have some advice to get around "waiting til it gets worse".

There must be a chapter in your area, if you haven't been in touch already. Tell them what you are dealing with.

In case you don't have it, here it is: http://www.ms-sep.be/

hugs
Catty1

sirrahbed
02-18-2006, 08:28 PM
So sorry to read that you are having symptoms again Lut. Please keep in touch about your doctor visit Monday ok?? If you do have to stay in the hospital for more tests - I hope that Indra can make us a post as others suggested do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/grouphug2.gif
and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/hug2.gif

momcat
02-18-2006, 08:31 PM
= but sounds like you need an advocate...you're right, wait till when???? the MS Society has nurses and other people available to just confer with. They are on the client's side, and can really help on a personal level. They might have some advice There must be a chapter in your area, if you haven't been in touch already. Tell them what you are dealing with.
In case you don't have it, here it is: http://www.ms-sep.be/

hugs
Catty1
Catty1, I couldn't agree with you more! How wonderful of you to give Lut the referral. Please Lut, get in touch with these fine folks. THEY, better than most others, will know exactly how you feel and what your thoughts are. If you haven't already, do it now!!!!!

pnance
02-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can't even begin to image how painful and frustrating waiting for the doctors to figure it out must be. My prayers are with you.

RobiLee
02-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Lut, I am so very sorry. I had no idea that you were going through all of this. I wish there was something more that I could say or do. How awful for you. Please know that I care and I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

{{HUGS}}

Sus
02-19-2006, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you are not ok. :( Please get well soon, and best of luck. I shall think of you.

Lots of love - and a careful hug -
Sus and Bella

slick
02-19-2006, 09:29 AM
You are still in my prayers Lut.

xoxoxo

gini
02-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Lut, sending you some cyber hugs today - with thoughts that you are feeling better.

xxoo

Alysser
02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. Prayers on the way!

rg_girlca
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Dear Lut;

..................................When You Feel Overwhelmed...............................

I know life's road
can be rocky or smooth.
We never know when
things will change.

When suddenly they do
we're caught off guard
and feel overwhelmed.
Remember....We're here.

Whatever it is that you need.
A shoulder to cry on
or just someone to listen.
We are here for you.

You've helped us in so many
ways, too many to count.
We'd like to give you
what you've given us.
An ear...a smile...a hug.

This tough time will end.
Just know in your heart
that you don't need to go it
........... "ALONE".........
We will always be here for you.

I received this when I was feeling down and wanted to share it with you in hopes that it will help you, as it did for me, to face whatever it is that you have to go through, knowing that you are not alone.

You are such a loving, caring, cheerful person Lut and I pray that you always will be, no matter what.

((((((HUGS))))))

K9karen
02-20-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry I'm so late in responding, Lut. I wish I had a magic wand that would cure you in one stroke. With all the advances in medical science, I find it so hard to believe that an accurate diagnosis isn't possible so you can start on proper medications. Please know you're in my heart and I am praying for you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-20-2006, 10:28 AM
UPDATE monday

Thanks for that link Catty!! I went to their site and found their own MS-forum! I registered right away!
One more day before my visit to neurologist... . My suitcase is ready.
I wish I knew already; not knowing is the worst!!

I realised today that if she wants me to have a spinal tap, she will first have to find a solution for the bloodthinner I am taking :rolleyes: . If they would perform a punction NOW, I would bleed to death :eek: . I have to remind that and tell it to the doc! I am so bad in remembering thibgs too, my memory is a mess....!!

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts! It means a lot to me!! :)

slick
02-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Lut: I can only imagine the stress you are feeling right now. Sending some Monday morning prayers your way and I'll be watching for an uppydate tomorrow.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Sending some Monday morning prayers your way and I'll be watching for an uppydate tomorrow.

Thanks, Slick! Here Monday is almost gone, as it is 5.40 pm... . I hope I can sleep a bit, last night was terrible as I slept only 3 hours. To nervous I guess.... ; If someone know the address of "the sandman" ... :rolleyes:

I will update before I leave tomorrow, okay?

lizbud
02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
UPDATE monday

I realised today that if she wants me to have a spinal tap, she will first have to find a solution for the bloodthinner I am taking :rolleyes: . If they would perform a punction NOW, I would bleed to death :eek: . I have to remind that and tell it to the doc! I am so bad in remembering thibgs too, my memory is a mess....!!

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts! It means a lot to me!! :)

Lut, why not write down all the things you want to get clear to the Drs.
and hand them the slip of paper. I've actually done that so I wouldn't
forget something important that I wanted to ask at an appointment.

Praying for a good productive office visit for you. :)

Randi
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Lut, try to get a good nights sleep. I will be sending posive thoughts for you tomorrow, I really hope it's not as bad as you think! :)

(((((hugs)))))

Logan
02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
My dear, Lut,

Please make sure the Dr. knows everything that you are concerned about, then allow them to check you, thoroughly. You need some relief at this point and as bad as it is, it may take more testing to get some answers for that relief to come.

Please know that you will be in our prayers, constantly.

Logan

Catty1
02-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Lut - whether before or after your appointment, go back on the MS site and chat on the forum. I am sure you will feel TONS better talking with people who are dealing with MS. You won't feel so scared or alone, I bet.

My sister used to call MS a "wacky illness". It is the same illness - but affects each person so differently.

The MS site in Calgary(Canada) has a section about alternative treatments that people have tried. They don't endorse any of them - but the people's stories are there.

HUGS!

We are here for you, and I know you know that.

Catty1

catfamily
02-21-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm so very sorry for all this coming at you.I also have had major surgerys but what's going on with you seems far worse.I hope everything turns for the better and of course I'll be sending prayers your way.Thank god for our pets to help us deal with our sad chapters in our lives.Let's hope all the tests are negitive and you feel better real soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-21-2006, 10:21 AM
UPDATE Tuesday evening

Noticed that I wrote "evening"? This means I am back home!!
So that is the good news I got :)
BUT, never good news without bad news in my case :(

So, after a long examination, the neurologist decided she wanted me to pass several tests. First thing was taking blood (I HATE that, they never find a good spot :rolleyes: ). With the results of this, I have to go and see a reumatologist (sp??) next Wednesday morning. That doc must try to find out why my body is having such big infections in almost all joints. I did have reuma-tests before, and they always turned out negative; but that might have changed of course... :( . Wednesday afternoon I must go for an MRI of my brains again. IF the infections are a result of MS, it SHOULD BE visible there.
With the results of al these tests, I have another appointment with the neurologist on March 8; depending on what is found, it will be decided then if and when I will get a spinal tap. I just phoned my hubby, and he will be able to go together with me to that appointment on March 8. Wow, I am happy for that!
In the meantime, I have to go on with my painkillers, and try not to worry to much. Easier said than done, when pain is killing you from morning till evening... :mad: :(

Thanks for caring, everybody!!
I hope I will be able to be on my pc now and then, as I can NOT miss my friends (furry and non-furry ;) )

He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all"

Pawsitive Thinking
02-21-2006, 10:24 AM
I hope you are being well looked after xx

slick
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all" Oh Lut, this gives me LES big time. What a worry this all must be, but I'm glad your doctor is being so thorough. Yes, tests are a pain in the butt (pardon the pun) but it's necessary in order to find out the cause. More and more prayers coming your way, sweetie, and I sure hope things go well on March 8th. I'm so glad that your husband can be with you. Nothing worse than going through these things alone.

{{{hugs}}}
xoxoxo

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm SO happy you're home! I knew you were really dreading being put in the hospital right away, so this is great news for now.

I sure hope they can get good results with the tests they're taking and that you won't need the spinal tap at all.

I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain, but hopefully they can come to some conclusions this time so you can start receiving the correct treatment.

{{{hugs}}}

lvpets2002
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I am glad that you have had good news so far & am praying that you have good news on the rest of the tests.. Me & the girls send lots of prayers, whisker kisses & (((( HUGS ))))

Donnaj4962
02-21-2006, 01:33 PM
What a long weekend you had, Lut, waiting for the doctor visit. Myself and my girls are praying for you every night and we hope that the white coats find out what is causing so much pain for you. Please keep us posted about your tests and know that we are all huggung you via the web! You are a great person, and I am certain that your kitties are very glad that you brought yourself and that suitcase home today after the doctor visit! ;)

Van10
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you are not well.
I'll be keeping you in my prayers . . .

{{hugs}} :)

poofy
02-21-2006, 10:04 PM
[

Thanks for caring, everybody!!
I hope I will be able to be on my pc now and then, as I can NOT miss my friends (furry and non-furry ;) )

He he, the first thing I did when I got home, is cuddle my cats, and telling them "mommy isn't going anywhere, she cannot live without you all" [/QUOTE]

Your still in my prayers, and I will keep praying for you..

gini
02-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Dear Lut, I am so happy that this visit didn't result in a hospital stay and that you are back home with the kitties.

My prayers for you will continue in hopes that the tests performed on March 8th will give the Dr.'s the answers to be able to treat you and relieve your pain.

You are so brave, and an inspiration to all of us.

Big hugs for you, Lut.

anna_66
02-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Lut, I'm glad to hear that you are home and didn't have to stay in the hospital like you thought. I do hope all these test can figure out what the problem is for you.
Take care and try to take it easy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/hugstxtreb06.gif

momcat
02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Lut! That last sound you heard was a huge sigh of relief that you're now home under the expert care of your dedicated kitty nurses. Tests are something many of us need to do and with all that poking and prodding you feel like a lab rat. I know this is hard and my heart and prayers are with you all the way. Round 1 is over, now on to Round 2. Please let us know what's what as you are able to. Groucho sends you feel better snuggles, kitty hugs, and kitty kisses. My prayers for you continue.....

Lizzie
02-22-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm so very glad that you are home, what a relief that must have been. There is nothing like surrounding yourself with cats at home, it's always such a comfort.

If it is some kind of rheumatic disorder, that is better news, right? Would there be more and better drugs to deal with the joint problems and reduce pain.

cyber-sibes
02-22-2006, 11:34 PM
"There's no place like home" --
at least you made a little progress in finding out what may be going on. Like you said, just knowing makes it easier to bare. Where we live now there seems to be a very high rate of MS, no one knows why. My one friend has it and said that it's very hard to diagnose because the symptoms can look like so many other things.
Sending you hugs & prayers, and hope you can get some much-needed relief from the pain soon.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Where we live now there seems to be a very high rate of MS, no one knows why..

That is weird! This should be investigated :(

Catty1
02-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Shortly after my sister got diagnosed with MS in about 1989, she found out some interesting things:

1. If you lived in an equatorial country til you were 13, then lived elsewhere, you would not get MS.

2. More women than men get it.

3. The Prairie provinces(midwest) in Canada are loaded with it, especially Saskatchewan. Apparently there is some researcher out there turning over every rock and plant he can, trying to find a common thread.

4. Because my sister has it, my chances of getting it double to one in 2 million.

As Darcia always said, it's a "wacky" disease. It's one disease that varies hugely with the individual. I honestly think that if she had taken better care of herself early on, it would have made a difference. But she had no symptoms for two years, so made no changes to her nutrition or lifestyle. Maybe it wouldn't have helped anyway...who knows!

Have you been back on the Belgian site, Lut? Anything interesting there?

hugs
Catty1

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Have you been back on the Belgian site, Lut? Anything interesting there?

Oh yes!!! Thank you so much for that link! I registered right away and got many replies already!

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
back home from the reumatologist. No proof found in blood test :( . So no answer yet on the question:"Where do all those infections come from??"
She gave me a new medicine to try out. She also wants an extra test :"BOTDENSIOMETRIE". It is some test on the "bones" :confused: :confused:
I will know the results of this next Thursday. Please, keep me in your prayers

Pawsitive Thinking
03-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Certainly will!

lvpets2002
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
:) Always Lut you are in my prayers..

catfamily
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Prayers on your way from here in Maine.GET WELL please.

momcat
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Prayers continue from me and everyone in my church.....

chocolatepuppy
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Keeping you in my prayers Lut. {hugs}

anna_66
03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Lut I'm sorry to hear that with the tests they did their still not able to narrow down what the problem is:(

Of course you know you'll always be in my prayers.

slick
03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
She also wants an extra test: "BOTDENSIOMETRIE". It is some test on the "bones"
I will know the results of this next Thursday. Please, keep me in your prayers
Lut, that sounds like a bone density test. They use that to test for Osteoporosis but I imagine it could reveal other things as well. You continue to be in my daily prayers. I'll bet those furry nurses are working overtime on this job.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Lut, that sounds like a bone density test. They use that to test for Osteoporosis but I imagine it could reveal other things as well. You continue to be in my daily prayers. I'll bet those furry nurses are working overtime on this job.

Thanks, Slick! That is exactly what it is called in English "Bone Density test"!
Did you ever had it? What do they do exactly?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
I've had several bone density tests. Seems the medication I take for my thryroid has a history of degenerating (is that the right word?) the bones, so I had to take a baseline test a few years ago, then about once every other year I get one. Last time my spine density was ok, but my hip density was borderline osteoporosis - I've got the hips of a 70 year old....or maybe a 74 year old and that's why I feel the way I do! ;) :D

Anyway, Lut, it's a piece of cake. Just wear pants with no metal zipper or snaps. You lay on a table and there's an "arm" that goes over you that has the "camera" in it. The technician snaps a picture, moves the arm a fraction of an inch, snaps another picture, moves the arm a fraction of an inch, snaps another picture etc. All you do is lay as still as possible. No pain, no needles, no goopy stuff like an ultrasound - you just lay there and a few minutes later you're done!

These tests are so easy that I find it hard to believe that more women don't have them done. My mom absolutely positively REFUSES to have one done. :rolleyes: Anyway, I sure hope it gives more insight into what's wrong with you, Lut. Good luck! :)

lizbud
03-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I had a bone density test a few years ago. It doesn't hurt at all.
The noise the machine makes during the test was the only down side.
It's good you are getting a through testing to find an answer to your pain.

NoahsMommy
03-02-2006, 10:51 PM
(((((((((((((Lut))))))))))))

Glad to hear you're home. Sorry to hear you're having to go through more tests.

Lut, going to a rheumatologist is a GOOD thing. They deal with all chronic diseases. I really think this type of doctor will be very helpful in finding a diagnosis for you.

I'll keep you in my prayers, OK? If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

Love & Hugs,
Kelly :)

rg_girlca
03-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Nothing to worry about Lut with the bone density test like T & P's Mom said.

Prayers and positive thoughts still on the way that the doctors are able to pinpoint exactly what is going on with you.

((((((HUGS))))))

K9karen
03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Sorry for the late response..Bone Density Test? Definitely the easiest test I've ever taken!!!!! I'm glad you saw a rheumatologist. I see one often and he helps me a lot. {Hugs} for better health soon, my friend.

slick
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Before I get on with my busy workday, I just want to stop and send you some Friday {{{hugs}}} and prayers for a peaceful night's sleep. :)

furrykidsmother
03-03-2006, 12:11 PM
The bone density test from what I have heard is a piece of cake and compared to what you have been through I am sure it will be much easier on you. Continued good thoughts and prayers for you.

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 04:29 AM
New update

Well, all tests are done now. There is a bit good news :) , but also bad news :(

Good news:
-The bone density test was good: no ostheoporosis

- No new signs of possible MS on my brain-scan

- The 2 meds prescribed by reumatologist work and ease the pain

Bad news:
- Those meds do only take away the pain, NOT the cause. The moment I will stop with those, the pain will be back!

- The neurologist still has NO idea what causes all these problems! It is a big mistery, I am seem to be a "rare" case :rolleyes:

- So..... she wants me to see other doctors, in the UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL in Ghent! Oh my, I can feel the dozens of more tests coming... :( . She says that the cause MUST be found; as I may NOT take those meds for to long a period. One of them is cortizone (Prodnisolone) and the other one can cause visual problems on the long run :eek:

So..... I have mixed feelings...; happy because the pain is less :) , sad because noweone finds what is wrong :(

Pawsitive Thinking
03-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Hugs to you - I do hope they find out what is wrong very soon

Killearn Kitties
03-10-2006, 04:42 AM
:( Nothing worse than being a rare medical phenomenon is there? At least they are going to move it forward and do more tests. I know that's a horrible thought, but it would be good to know what the problem is!

Think positively! We are all there with you in spirit!

jenluckenbach
03-10-2006, 05:01 AM
Oh Lut :(, the NOT knowing is so frustrating. But, enjoy the pain meds while you can and go get those other tests and we'll pray for an answer.

chocolatepuppy
03-10-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm sorry you are still going through this Lut. :( I am keeping you in my prayers.

anna_66
03-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I was glad to hear about the bone density test, but sorry to hear that they still can't figure out what the problem is.
I'm still hoping and praying for an answer for you.

RobiLee
03-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm at least happy to hear that you aren't in as much pain. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Ah, the old double edged sword - good news and bad. Good news is always wonderful, but as you well know, it's so frustrating when they don't know the cause of your pain.

I don't know if this will help any, but National Public Radio (NPR) is doing a series on back pain. Here is the link to the series of reports. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5251891
It's an ongoing series, so you might want to check back now and then to see new articles. They also have some links to organizations that might offer some helpful info also.

I'm just so sorry you're having to deal with all this. I guess the good news is it's not MS, but if it's not then what is it? :confused: :( :)

Karen
03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
So..... I have mixed feelings...; happy because the pain is less :) , sad because noweone finds what is wrong :(

We always knew you were special, but in this case, it would be better to be a bit less unique, I guess.

Doncha hate it when doctors say, "Huh. I dunno!"?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Doncha hate it when doctors say, "Huh. I dunno!"?

Oh yes!!! I thought I would just explode when she said she had no clue :eek: :rolleyes: :(

Husky_mom
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
maybe its not much help but in this site you can type symptoms and such and it tells you probable things that cause it

www.medicinenet.com

Sonia59
03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Especially when you expect they will tell you what is wrong after all the tests, it is so frustrating! You must be confident Lut, someone will find. It can be very good that you see other doctors at the University Hospital. There are some VERY good ones over there, I know this for having worked with some of them (unfortunately, in another field).
(((Hugs)))

king2005
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I went through years of poking & proding of my poor knees.
When the Dr.'s said I just don't get it? Thats when my parents freaked. I couldn't stay on pain meds all my life, the short time I was on them was already making me shakey & forget where I was or what I was doing, OR stop my legs from working altogether, THAT was a fun day, not :( The dog thought I was playing & dragged me around the house all day..however I wasn't in any pain & I got to spend lots of time with the dog *drag, grrr, drag, shake, grr, drag*

After more tests, I gave up after I heard knee replacement.. I was only 13 & didn't need that.. I took the rest of my pills & learned to ignore the pain.. I still get sore & limp often.. I cannot walk properly, I walk like I'm balancing on tennis 2 balls...

Just wanted to let you know your not alone & I wish the best for you!

momcat
03-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Dear Lut, I can't begin to imagine how completely frustrated you must be at this point. All these doctor visits and tests and still no definnite answers. Prayers, positive thoughts, and good kitty vibes are still coming to you from Trenton!