PDA

View Full Version : Updated catmom.de with bird flu infos for cat owners

Kirsten
02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
The bird flu has hit Europe, and as felines can also be infected, cat owners here are now worried and confused.

I spent some time reading on the net, and decided to sum up the information on my website. I think this is serious enough to be mentioned in an extra article on my page: www.catmom.de (http://www.catmom.de/engl)

Kirsten

Lizzie
02-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Thank you for the information on your web site and letting us know about it. I've been reading about bird flu for several months now, perhaps even a year or so, on BBC online (a great way to keep informed of world wide news) and I've become deeply concerned about the way this has, and will, affect the way humans treat birds. Rather than veer off into a non-cat topic on your thread, I am opening one in the General section.

catmandu
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Thats Good Advice,kirsten As I Cook Everything The Cats Eat,and I Dont Go Anywhere Where Theres Bird Poo.
Although I Guess Theres Guano,in The Park Where I Wait For The Bus,but No Chickens,thank You For That Column!!

icedtea
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
it makes me sooo thankful that birdflu hasnt spread to new zealand.

Karen
02-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank you, the page is well thought out and answers many concerns I am sure people have.

kb2yjx
02-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the info Kirsten!!! This is getting very scary!!!

Kirsten
02-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Thank you! I will update that info page whenever there are new cognitions. When I read all these infos, it seems to me that much is hypothecical and that all the experts and scientists actually have no clue. This kind of reminds me of the early 80s, when the first AIDS cases hit the media. :(

The most scary thing is that according to an article I read, the huge influenza pandemia that killed 27 Mio. of people worldwide was originally a flu that occured in poultry, but I don't know if this is true.

Kirsten

momcat
02-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Bird flu is a hot news topic here in New Jersey but fortunately there have been no reported or confirmed cases here. Groucho is, and always has been, strictly an indoor kitty He never gets table scraps, only the food recommended by our vet. Did you notice any warnings about cat food from reputable pet food producers dry or wet? At my office, there are several folks owned by cats; would it be okay to share your website with them? Your write up is excellent and EVERY pet owner should read it!!!!! Thank you so much for the heads up.....