PDA

View Full Version : Sniffly nose and my fluffy boy

Catty1
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Cole is a medium long hair who I got several months ago. He was dumped near the kennel where I work - and after attempts to find his owners, I took him to the vet, THEN home after he was neutered and shotted and all.

Since he came here, I have had a slight and chronic sniffle. I groom him every other day, keep the floors swept and do some vacuuming. Many years ago, after decades of owning cats, I did test positive for a slight allergy.

He is a great buddy for Oscar and a real sweetie!

I was wondering about one of those inexpensive ionizing air filters, the electric ones. Bionaire has one for about $50.

How has anyone else solved this?

Thanks!
Catty1

Catty1
02-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey, I know sniffling is no big deal - but it happens every day(at the kennel, too), and disappears at my afternoon job now that the heat is on there, and the air is dry and warm(forced air).

I just have hot water heat in my place. Am just kind of concerned and wondering what other people have done.

Rehoming Cole is a non-topic! Just want to know how you have handled any kitty allergies you have.

Thanks!

catmandu
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Bless you for giving Cole that Second Chance at a furr Ever Home,something that Most Cats never recieve.
I wish you well with your allergies,and I hope that you can keep them under control.

krazyaboutkatz
02-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Have you tried taking some allergy medicines? Most of them will help with runny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezing. Good luck. :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I am quite allergic to cats. Claritan....cold and allergy medicines....most important is washing my hands before touching ANY part of my face. Last night I was petting Edwina and thoughtlessly took out my contacts without thoroughly washing my hands.... :eek: :eek: :( :mad: :eek:

Catty1
02-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Okay...short of meds, since my symptoms are chronic but mild - have any of you tried an electronic air filter?