PDA

View Full Version : Moving On

Sudilar
02-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Well, I guess I have to try and get over the loss of my two furbabies, Killian and Shiloh.
Tomorrow I will start fostering Thor, a 4 year old GSD. I hope I don't start crying when I go pick him up. Wish me luck.
Here he is:
http://gsdrni.org/images/Thor3.jpg

Kfamr
02-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Thor is a doll.
What a wonderful lady you are to open your home to a sweet foster and help guide his way to a furever home! Of course, we all already knew you are a wonderful lady... Killi & Shi will be proud.

Husky_mom
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
hes stunning!!!! good luck!!! great to hear you are moving on, you will still feel sad but you have your memories of them with you and that will make you happy, Thor will never replace your RB babies but he will help a LOt to make you feel better over time...............congrats on the new addition, keep us posted and take lotsa pics ;)

Sudilar
02-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks so much, Kay. You are wonderful yourself with all that you do!!! Thanks, also for all your support when I lost Killi and Shi. You're an angel! :)
Hugs.

cyber-sibes
02-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Thor looks like a big ol'sweetie! He looks like he has alot of heart to share. We'll be looking forward to pictures & stories.

Sudilar
02-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Thank you, everybody!! :) :)

KYS
02-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Thor is beautiful. Taking care of Thor will be good for both of you.
Can't think of a better foster home. :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Thor is a very handsome boy. Best wishes with him. I'm positive I would cry if I were you. After all you've been through, you deserve to be able to cry without worrying about it. I can't wait to see more of that sweet boy.
(((((HUGS)))))

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I hope I don't start crying when I go pick him up

You may cry when you pick him up but it will be tears mixed of sadness and joy. Thor is gorgeous! Good luck with him. :)

sammy101
02-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Thor is gorgeous :) Wonderful of you to become a foster mom.Best of luck to you and Thor!

anna_66
02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Sue I think it's wonderful that your going to be fostering this handsome man. I wouldn't doubt you cry but I'm sure he's going to help get you on your way to feeling better.
Honestly I was just thinking about you yesterday and thought it was too bad you don't have another furbaby to help your heart heal. Guess I should have known that my prayers would be answered:)

I hope you enjoy having Thor around as much as I know he's going to love being around you!

Never know...this might be a failed foster;)

Pam
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Sue it's so good to see you back here on the board and the news about Thor is just wonderful. I think he might be just what the doctor ordered for you right now. You both have special needs at this point and I think you can each help the other. I have to admit I was thinking along the lines that Anna mentioned about a potential *failed foster.* I honestly know that I could never give any of them up if I were to do that. Whatever happens, you have all of our love and support. In the meantime, we'd like some pictures and stories when you can. :)

Alysser
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
I must be very hard. I am really sorry you had to go through that. Wonderful dog!!!!!!!!!! :D

poofy
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Im so glad your fostering..looks real huggable to me..give him a big hug from all of us.. :)

Ginger's Mom
02-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Good for you, Sue. I think he will help heal the hurt, and I know he will definitely benefit from being in your care. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. {{{Hugs}}}

Karen
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
You can cry, it'll be okay.

Thor looks like a big teddybear of a GSD. If he's okay with hugs, give him one from me. I was raised, of course by a black and tan GSD/Dobe? Rott? mix as well as by my parents. Their fur is awfully good at absorbing tears.

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
What a handsome boy he is, Sue. I'm sure it will be bitter sweet to have another dog in the house, but I don't think anything heals like the heart like doggy kisses. Good luck!!

shais_mom
02-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Bless your heart Sue.
{{to you}}

sandragonfly
02-17-2006, 07:17 AM
hugs to you, sudilar!

I think it's good a sloppy thor the teddybear will keep your heart busy, wish you luck! :)

keep us (me) posted of how it's going please..

ramanth
02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Thor is so handsome! He's so lucky to have you as a foster mum. :D

pitc9
02-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Hugs to you.. I hope Thor brings you joy!
BTW... are his ears cropped or is is just the way he's holding them in the picture??
I wish you all the luck in the world!

Rachel
02-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Do you have him yet? I think he will be just what the doctor ordered. He is a beauty, that's for sure. Please let us know how he is adjusting, etc. and of course....more pictures.

Dixieland Dancer
02-17-2006, 11:56 AM
WOW, Thor is a very handsome fellow! I'm sure he will welcome your hugs and tears when you are together, Sue.

We never forget our RB loves but with the love of others after them, we do go on. Fostering Thor will be the best medicine you can find to help heal your broken heart. Killi and Shiloh will be looking down smiling and giving their blessing to you! I'm with Anna.... perhaps this will be a failed foster! :D

k9krazee
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Thor is SO handsome, what a great thing you're doing for him!! Killian and Shiloh would be very proud that you are helping this guy out!!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-17-2006, 05:14 PM
I agree with what Kay said... Killian and Shiloh would be very proud. :)
Thor is a handsome stud, so beautiful... good luck with him!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Have a good cry - you and Thor can help each other heal

wolf_Q
02-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Thor is so handsome! I'm sure this will be great for your both, Killian and Shiloh will be proud. {{hugs}}

Sudilar
02-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Thank you all so very much.
When we picked him up today, I had Shiloh's collar and leash to use on him. I did shed a few tears on the way up to get him as I am getting misty eyed here again.

He is such a good boy. He got to meet a few of the relatives today and he behaved like the perfect gentleman. He got a walk around the block and two games of catch in the backyard. He knows commands and seemed to fit into family life immediately. I will be sleeping in the family room with him tonight to make sure all is well.

He doesn't know his name, though. We have been going through names to see if he responds to any.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-18-2006, 12:38 AM
He is such a good boy.
He got to meet a few of the relatives today and he behaved like the perfect gentleman.
He got a walk around the block and
two games of catch in the backyard.
He knows commands and seemed to fit into family life immediately.

He doesn't know his name, though. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

With all the things he does so well; HOW can he not Know his Name?

Does he have any Known History that came with him?

Between You and the Angel Assistants - ole Thor should turn into a
First Class WonderPup in no time at all!

Happy Training!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

jackie
02-18-2006, 04:58 AM
He looks like a beautiful dog! Enjoy the time with him. :)

Sudilar
02-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Phred, Thor was a stray :( and had no tags. The rescue named him.

It is 5:00am here now and WE are up. It seems that his ear is bothering him. yawn yawn......we'll have to keep an eye on it.

jackie
02-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning! :D

Sudilar
02-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I think I will start a new thread in the RESCUE forum about this guy.
My new foster THOR (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1415442#post1415442)

lizbud
02-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Gosh Sue, I sure picked the wrong time to go to bed early. :o
Seemed I missed the good news last night.Thor(or something else)
is a beautiful dog & he's lucky you were there to bring him into a
great family.Hope his ears are alright.Please let us know how he
he & you, are doing as he settles in. :) (((HUGS)))