PDA

View Full Version : oh Max! What to do?

lovemymix
02-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Need advice! Yesterday I took Max to the vet. Everyone there loved him and the vet was very impressed with his disposition. Even though there is DEFINATELY pit in him, no question, the vet said that there are several breeds that she would not recommend around children, pits were very good family dogs despite the reputation. I was so proud of Max and happy that the vet was so thrilled with his disposition. That was yesterday. This morning, Max woke up more fiesty then I'd ever seen him. He was VERY mouthy, biting at my 3 year old as well as myself. Trying to effectively scold him, I talked in a stern voice to no avail. Finally, as I was putting on his leash to go for our afternoon wallk, he growled at me loudly, showing teeth and barked at me! I was so sad!! And concerned....Advice please!

howlyip
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
When you took him to the vet, was anything done, such as vaccines, blood taken, etc.?? Was this a new experience?? This all play factors on how his disposition could be.

I myself had a pure APBT and now have a pit mix. Great with kids, one of the best family dogs ever. They just need some training and to be brought up with the young ones.

lovemymix
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
He did have vaccinations & I thought it was possible that was why he was a little (lot!!) off today!

lv4dogs
02-20-2006, 09:42 AM
He could of just been sore &/or grogy from the vaccines. How has he been doing since?

dab_20
02-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe you touched him in the place where he got his vaccines? I know Molli gets very sore there and it hurts her when I touch her where she got the shots.

beyond_me
03-03-2006, 01:56 PM
They do say that when a dog gets vaccines thay can have mood swings. Or the day before could have been a lot for him and he is grumpy today.

howlyip
03-03-2006, 04:46 PM
What has happened since??
I can even see when putting on the leash if you were anywhere close to his vaccine spot, he would be upset.
It's not behaviour he should get away with, but the reasons suggested might be why he acted the way he did.