PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Yoga

Bunnicula05
04-16-2002, 07:27 PM
OMG, I read in Rabbits USA how to trance your rabbit. I couldn't believe that it actually worked the first time I did it! They only stayed in it for a few seconds though. Now I can clip their nails without them stratching me! YAY! :D Since they don't know what this actually does to the rabbits brain they only advise you to do it while grooming. Which is understandable. But I was SO proud of myself and my buns! My Mom was like, are you sure that is healthy for them? I'm like, there's no evidence yet that says it's not. LOL. SO COOL!

tazz1227
04-17-2002, 08:29 AM
I heard about that but mine don't stay still long enough to do it. How exactly did you do it? I take my buns to the vet to get their nails clipped. :)

zippy-kat
04-17-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by tazz1227
I take my buns to the vet to get their nails clipped. :)

Same here. They get paid to get scratched!:rolleyes: (Besides, then she's mad at THEM not ME!:p :D )

Former User
04-17-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Same here. They get paid to get scratched!:rolleyes: (Besides, then she's mad at THEM not ME!:p :D )

LOL Zippy, have to remember that....:D

tazz1227
04-17-2002, 08:40 AM
My point EXACTLY!!! Because when we went this weekend it took TWO of them to clip their nails. Boy Boy is 10 pounds and Girl Girl is 8 pounds...am I trying to fight with those big bunnies that are mad and don't want to get their nails clipped anyway? NOT !!!:)

Daisylover
04-17-2002, 12:53 PM
I was able to trance one of my bunnies but the other one wouldn't hold still long enough to try.... it is really cool the way he just relaxed and mellowed out. I haven't tried it yet with the other 3.... :)

As far as nail clipping goes I know of two diff. tricks if you want to cut them yourself.

One is make a "bunny taco".....starting at one end of a large towel, you "roll" up your bunny and then pull out one foot at a time and trim the nails. The bunny can't easily move, scratch or bite.
The other thing I just saw over at Michigan Rabbit Rescue was a laser light on a key chain. Although it's advertised for locks, MRR pointed out that the light is so intense, that it will shine through a toenail, even the brown and black ones, so you can see the quick and therefore cut in front of it and not harm the bun (dog or cat). I didn't get the brand name but I would think that anywhere that makes keys and has all the associated gizmo's for your key chain should have something like this. Great idea. :cool:

Heather Wallace
04-17-2002, 01:27 PM
Bunny the big mum rabbit is easy to clip as once she is on her back she just flops out. Cadbury is ok, he will be fine when the time comes but Twinkle and Ebony, especially Ebony are a nightmare when it comes to that sort of thing, they scratch and scratch, I have scares from those two.:(

Bunnicula05
04-17-2002, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry Heather. AS for the laser light thing, I've never heard of it, but my step-day has one. Maybe I'll try it. When I trance my rabbits I just cradle them in my arms and Gypsee struggles a lot. I sit indian style on the floor, cradle the bun in my arms, if they struggle I lean over them and gently but firmly stroke their heads to their ears and gently but firmly tug on their ears. I do this for as long as it takes. Works really well.

Heather Wallace
04-18-2002, 06:20 AM
:confused: :confused: What laser light thing?

Bunnicula05
04-20-2002, 01:01 AM
Here in the U.S. Heather, you can buy a little cylinderical thing called a laser light. It's a red light usually used by college professors to point to things on an over head projector. But they have designed little "caps" to them and when you shine it on a wall there will be a picture there depending on what picture is on the cap. It's a red light and was banned from my school because it can cause damage to the retina of the eye when shone directly in the eye. Does this answer your question? LOL