PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #146- It's all downhill from here!

RICHARD
02-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I figured that since it the Olympics are going and the Easct Coast of the US got socked with a winter storm we could have a Hot Buttered Rum/Hot Toddy kind of Thursdays...

I'll turn on the Big Screen, Get the Orc to get some wood and pop some corn.....

Mario.....Lady, Possum, ED........

No, you'll all have to get off the couch.....IT IS NOT A BOBSLED..... :rolleyes:

RedHedd
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
LOL - what's weird is they're even predicting snow for the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend! Yup, snow on Twin Peaks! (Ramanth, remember our memorable drive up to Twin Peaks and the "views" we didn't see? :D ) I think I'll take a drive up there Saturday, but I won't try to ski down as I don't ski - even virtually! Watching the olympics is making me go "YIKES" a lot!

One hot buttered something please.

davidpizzica
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi. RICHARD. I'll have a HOT toddy and try to find Orc's remote. Uh oh! I see Mario's been playing with Orc's Clapper! No wonder the big guy's flopping around! I'll get him to get firewood. Poor Orc!

moosmom
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
It's pretty quiet for a Thursday. How about a Raspberry Martini?? Throw in a few olives.

It's 52 here in New Haven!! Take THAT Punxatoney Phil!!

catland
02-15-2006, 03:49 PM
an HBR sounds good. We're getting our first "arctic blast" of the year this week. For us, that means temps below freezing - so yes, we're a bunch of wimps. ;)

Its beautiful and sunny out though. :D

RICHARD
02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
an HBR sounds good. We're getting our first "arctic blast" of the year this week. For us, that means temps below freezing - so yes, we're a bunch of wimps. ;)

WIMPS?

The sun don't come out for two days and us So Cal'ers panic!

One HBR Done!

MM,
Raspberry martini, with olives!

DONE!

David,

Thanks for pitching in , One Hot Toddy?

DONE!

Redd,
Snow? and one Hot buttered something! ;)

RedHedd
02-15-2006, 04:19 PM

Yup, weather wimps-R-us in the S.F. Bay Area .... the BRRRR Area as the temps have been in the 40's! :eek:

smokey the elder
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
An HBR sounds pretty good right now. Maybe I'll share it with the other chemists here....NAH! :D

RICHARD
02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
An HBR sounds pretty good right now. Maybe I'll share it with the other chemists here....NAH! :D

No way.....they can mix their own....ain't that what chemists do? :confused:

One HBR for the smart one!

DONE!

Kfamr
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Got any Hot Chocolate?

I've got some home-made Valentine's sugar cookies to pass around if anyone would like some....

Lady's Human
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
HEY DICK! Gimme a SHOT!

RICHARD
02-15-2006, 06:41 PM
HEY DICK! Gimme a SHOT!

lololololololololololol

Let me get the tears outta my eyes....

THAT was funny...

DONE!!! (DUCK?)

K,

Hot choco and sugar cookies??? a winning combo!!

DONE!

lbaker
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
12" snow on Sunday and almost 60 degrees today :rolleyes: That's the mid-Atlantic for you. One of everything dear, I go to the airport tomorrow at 5 A.M. to go to our Annual Meeting in St Louis. ST LOUIS :confused: I looked on the PetTalkers Map and there is NOBODY in St Louis. Bummer. In a week or so you guys ~ bummer Oh well, such is life. Let's play Bob Dylan's TANGLED UP IN BLUE I'm feeling a bit 'tangled' :rolleyes:

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Yup, weather wimps-R-us in the S.F. Bay Area .... the BRRRR Area as the temps have been in the 40's! :eek:

You should see how it's been here in NY, warm and sunny one day, snowing and windy the next, you guys would be going crazy here.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Richard did you still want to here the stinky tire story?

slick
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone! Sorry couldn't be here yesteday...work duties took up my time.
HEY DICK! Gimme a SHOT! :D :D :D :D Even the news stations up here were talking about it!!! :p

The weather here has been spectacular all week. Not a cloud in the sky...mind you it's dips down to zero overnight and there is lots of frost in the morning but heck, I'll take it along with the sunshine.

I'll take a Spanish Coffee to start off my day please.

Lady's Human
02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Spanish coffee? You tell me what's in it, you got it!

Is it me, or did I see the Zipster listed under birthdays today?

Orc, get some more firewood (COLD and windy tonight), Lady, keep the remote away from Mario (I found it under the couch covered in cherry juice.....hmmm, wonder who had it last?), and Mario come here and help me make the cake. :D

RICHARD
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
12" snow on Sunday and almost 60 degrees today :rolleyes: That's the mid-Atlantic for you. One of everything dear, I go to the airport tomorrow at 5 A.M. to go to our Annual Meeting in St Louis. ST LOUIS :confused: I looked on the PetTalkers Map and there is NOBODY in St Louis. Bummer. In a week or so you guys ~ bummer Oh well, such is life. Let's play Bob Dylan's TANGLED UP IN BLUE I'm feeling a bit 'tangled' :rolleyes:

One of each and wishes for a safe trip!

DONE!

LOH,

WE are crazy....It would just serve to make us crazier!

If you would like to tell the stinky tire story.....again...I would not mind.
It's hope for all men who drag a used tire into the house with the blessing of their SO. Isn't it wonderful that your partner would understand the need for a used tire, ;) under glass, as the centerpiece of the fun room?

davidpizzica
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM

Orc, get some more firewood (COLD and windy tonight), Lady, keep the remote away from Mario (I found it under the couch covered in cherry juice.....hmmm, wonder who had it last?), and Mario come here and help me make the cake. :D
LH, so THAT's what happened to it! I thought it wsa little sticky when I used it last. LH, can we find a place for the remote that's MARIO proof??

RICHARD
02-16-2006, 12:10 PM

I missed the B-day listings!! :(

I'll get the drink, you have done way too much already...

Hey slick...

Sunshine and zero? That would make me crazy....Oops, Already there.

Un cafe espanol?

Hecho!!

Lady's Human
02-16-2006, 12:43 PM
David, I think we need to invest in one of those fireproof safes for the remote, that's the only way I can think of to keep it safe. Maybe there's one in the L+F?

Richard, Ill take an irish coffee with a pillow for the barstool.

davidpizzica
02-16-2006, 02:25 PM
LH, there could be ANYTHING in there!! I'll take a look. but wait a little while before you report me LOST!

slick
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Ah, Richard...I just noticed. Did I miss a week somewhere??? We've gone from 145 to 147. :eek: :D
Any chance I can get a double BM to go??? That W-O-R-K thing is interfering with my social time again. :rolleyes:
I have to laugh. I called home and my Mom left a message. She said that it was so **** cold out that I should think about taking a trip to LA. 7 more sleeps. :D :D

A BIG HOPPY HAPPY PURRRFFFDAY TO ZIPPY!!! I hope you are enjoying a happy day.

RICHARD
02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Richard, Ill take an irish coffee with a pillow for the barstool.

One coffee and a pillow.....The things we do for health! :eek:
DONE!

Slick,
Let me go back and count again!

gini
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Nah, Slick - Richard's got it right - Moosmom didn't number her week when she opened the bar. Guess she was in a big hurry!!Edit: obviously, I can't count!!

Well, it is 59 degrees here and I feel cold.............

What's say we have a snowball fight - the east coast can fling them over to our side.

Has anyone seen David?

I need a warm drink - maybe a good old Irish.

Lady's Human
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I saw him going into the L+F, haven't seen him for a while, Gini.

He did say he might be a while, though, so no need to panic yet. :D

davidpizzica
02-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Nah, Slick - Richard's got it right - Moosmom didn't number her week when she opened the bar. Guess she was in a big hurry!!

What's say we have a snowball fight - the east coast can fling them over to our side.

Has anyone seen David?

I need a warm drink - maybe a good old Irish.
Uh, I'm here. I found a safe spot in the L&F for Orc's remote, but it's a jungle in there! Next time I go in there, I'm taking the machetee (sp?)!

joycenalex
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
any recommendations for any thing that can rather quickly numb my pain from the root canal this am would be greatly appreciated. he, the rather nice dentist, worked on me for 90 minutes, then i came home ate soup for lunch, had the molar split in two, back to him to have the edges ground down so they're not sharp, now i'm home, throbbing. do you think a bottle of the best champaign would help? whimperingly, the yellow feathered joyce

moosmom
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Nah, Slick - Richard's got it right - Moosmom didn't number her week when she opened the bar. Guess she was in a big hurry!!

I always sucked at math. Sorry I didn't number my thread. :rolleyes:

zippy-kat
02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi guys! It didn't even dawn on me that my burstday was on a THURSDAY until LH mentioned it. lol

Being the big party-er I am, I think I'll just settle on the couch w/ Kissiekat for a quick nap; work's been gettin' my goat this wk. Grr. (Or maybe that should be maa? Wow. How do you type a goat noise?)

Give me about 30 minutes then we'll dig into the cake! Sound good?

Oh! And Red Raider Rush! Breyers (or maybe it was Dreyer's -forgot which now) has come out with a limited edition Texas Tech flavor (vanilla ice cream, carmel swirls, and chocolate footballs). Fun!

Opps. Sorry. </school spirit> lol

RICHARD
02-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi guys! It didn't even dawn on me that my burstday was on a THURSDAY until LH mentioned it. lol

Being the big party-er I am, I think I'll just settle on the couch w/ Kissiekat for a quick nap; work's been gettin' my goat this wk. Grr. (Or maybe that should be maa? Wow. How do you type a goat noise?)

Give me about 30 minutes then we'll dig into the cake! Sound good?

Oh! And Red Raider Rush! Breyers (or maybe it was Dreyer's -forgot which now) has come out with a limited edition Texas Tech flavor (vanilla ice cream, carmel swirls, and chocolate footballs). Fun!

Opps. Sorry. </school spirit> lol

I guess the B-day girl gets what she wants.... :p

(By the way.....I ate the most heavenly cake for lunch today...It was a coffee flavored/mocha cake-it rocked!

Happy Birthday!

DONE!

MM,

Ignore the anal folks in the back complaining about numbers.....the only number we care about is how many drinks you want...

DONE?

JNA,

I doubt that a cold glass of champange will do, but how's about a virtual Vicodin?

DONE!

David,

I keep one hand on the L+F doorjamb....that way Mario can't close the door behind me.

Actually, you were OK. Mario has been into the Olympics....He's out back trying to get Lady, Possum and Ed to do some short track skating on the Jacuzzi.... :rolleyes:

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-16-2006, 07:29 PM

59 degrees and you're feeling cold? To me that's a heat wave. Where's my bathingsuit. Oh wait… I don't think you want to see me in a bathingsuit. I don't want to scare you all away.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey Richard, may I have a Fireball shot please? (Cherry brandy, cinnamon schnapps, tastes just like one of those atomic fireball candies,yum) Real cold and windy tonight and I need to warm up. thanks.

slick
02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm with you LOH.....59 deg is shorts weather for me. BRRRR I just heard our weather....it's going down to -6 tonight and only a high of 3 or 4 tomorrow. Oh sorry, that's C not F. Just leaving work so I'll take a hot toddy to go please. Could you make him a fireman with a big ax?? ;) :D

Lady's Human
02-16-2006, 08:53 PM
The only time we need the firemen in here is when we start cooking. Hazmat teams may, however, be available.

joycenalex
02-16-2006, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]...
JNA,

I doubt that a cold glass of champange will do, but how's about a virtual Vicodin?

DONE
maybe with a glass of milk then, see you all in the am....szzzzz...

RedHedd
02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
You should see how it's been here in NY, warm and sunny one day, snowing and windy the next, you guys would be going crazy here.
That's what it's been here - 70's-80's this past weekend, tonight it's in the high 20's, snow/rain/sleet predicted for the weekend. It's crazy making!

RedHedd
02-16-2006, 11:12 PM
lololololololololololol

Let me get the tears outta my eyes....

THAT was funny...

DONE!!! (DUCK?)

I thought it was quail? :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :p

Lady's Human
02-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Quaile? Wrong Veep, though a better target for deadeye dick...... :D

Anyone for some Fish Chowdah? It's cold+ windy here, seemed like a good lunch.

(Complete with the old time fisherman's friend, a glass of rum!)

RICHARD
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
59 degrees and you're feeling cold? To me that's a heat wave. Where's my bathingsuit. Oh wait… I don't think you want to see me in a bathingsuit. I don't want to scare you all away.

LOL, we know your kind out here in LALA land....It's 59 everyone has a jacket on and you drive down Hollywood Blvd and there are people in shorts and tank tops...Out of Towners!!

One FIREBALL?

DONE!

Slick,

All you Canucks use that C to make us feel bad...

One Toddy, And I don't pimp fireman.... :p ;)

DONE!

Shhhh, everyone!

JNA is asleep on the end of the couch.
Nighty-night!

If people can't tell the difference between a man and fowl, I thought I'd sneak that one in.... ;)

LH,

One shot of Rum, a large bowl...lol you reminded me of something my sis used to say when getting out the bowls for soup...."You want a spoon or a shovel?"

How's about some sourdough for dippin'?

DONE!

lbaker
02-17-2006, 11:51 AM
ARRRGHHH! AAAEEEIIII! Show starts in 15 minutes and here I am in St Louis seeing what's going on at the bar :eek: Scientists may be a bit strange but I love these shows, our AAAS Members are tops and most have a sense of humor. It makes 12 hour days tolerable. I do love room service! :rolleyes: ;)

davidpizzica
02-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Quaile? Wrong Veep, though a better target for deadeye dick...... :D

Anyone for some Fish Chowdah? It's cold+ windy here, seemed like a good lunch.

(Complete with the old time fisherman's friend, a glass of rum!)
LH, fish chowdah and a fisherman's friend will warm the innards! It's also c-c-cold + windy down Pittsburgh way! Thanks LH!

lbaker
02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I wonder why? 400 copies of yesterdays issue of SCIENCE arrived at the membership booth here in St Louis and lo and behold it's "Glimpses of Uranus's Extended Family" on the cover. Now why did I think to stop in at Thursdays this morning and check in before the show starts :confused: :p Have a good weekend eberybuddy :D *snirk snort*

davidpizzica
02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Laurie, sounds like GOOD reading!!

gini
02-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Laurie goes to these shows and they make her snirk and snort.......what kind of show does that to you?

It is 49 degrees and raining here this Saturday - Californian's have very thin blood..............how about some of that fish chowder and a fisherman's friend for lunch? It would warm up the innards. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-18-2006, 12:39 PM
LOH,

WE are crazy....It would just serve to make us crazier!

If you would like to tell the stinky tire story.....again...I would not mind.
It's hope for all men who drag a used tire into the house with the blessing of their SO. Isn't it wonderful that your partner would understand the need for a used tire, ;) under glass, as the centerpiece of the fun room?

I wasn't sure if you got to read the story in the other thread.

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-18-2006, 12:46 PM
LH,

One shot of Rum, a large bowl...lol you reminded me of something my sis used to say when getting out the bowls for soup...."You want a spoon or a shovel?"

How's about some sourdough for dippin'?

DONE!

I'll take a shovel please, LH makes a great fish chowdah, though it's sometimes a bit heavy on the onions. The sourdough sounds good too.

slick
02-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Californian's have very thin blood :D :D
It's clear, sunny and 40 deg F here.....I just came back from running errands and I'm in shorts and a sweatshirt with no jacket. :p ;) Nighttime is when it really gets chilly around here.

No soup for me (says the Soup Natzi) but I'll take a caesar salad with shrimp and some lemon wedges. Who says this bar doesn't serve healthy food?? Oh yeah, how about a double BM on the side. I'm about to do housework and could use a buffer..... :D

"Glimpses of Uranus's Extended Family"
:eek: I'm not even going to go there....... :D :D

lbaker
02-18-2006, 03:30 PM
aw Slick, I felt sure you would jump on that one ;) By the way, I've been invited to a cocktail reception sponsored by the European Union. Maybe I'll meet some Italians and have a nice conversation :D

slick
02-18-2006, 03:35 PM
aw Slick, I felt sure you would jump on that one ;) By the way, I've been invited to a cocktail reception sponsored by the European Union. Maybe I'll meet some Italians and have a nice conversation :D
ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D Ciao Baby!!!!!

gini
02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
St. Louis will never be the same :D :D :D

RedHedd
02-19-2006, 12:27 PM
"Glimpses of Uranus's Extended Family":D *snirk snort* Are they writing about US? :D :p

lbaker
02-19-2006, 12:42 PM
GEORGIA!! I'm at work here and snuck a peak at the bar, and now I have to go take a "rest stop break" You guys are supposed to help me keep my sanity here :rolleyes: OMD