PDA

View Full Version : My litter of pups arrived, good news bad news

BORDER COLLIE LOVER
02-14-2006, 09:08 PM
On Sunday my female, Ash, went into labor. She had her first pup at noon. Then the trouble started. The next pup was not coming out. My ex came over and tried to manipulate it into coming out. It took a little while but then he came out. This blue merle boys head was turned to the side all the way by his shoulder. He was dead. :( I tried and tried to revive him. I even tried hours later. I was so sad. The other pups came out quickly after the was out. We had 10 all together including the little prince that died. So we have 9 healthy pups, all doing good, getting fatter by the minute! I will post pics as they get older.

Im thinking of taking the dead pup to the vet when i take the pups to get their dewclaws removed and asking him if there was any way the pup could of survived or if his neck was broken all along. I guess it would make me feel better if i knew i couldnt have done anything anyways.

.sarah
02-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear about the dead puppy, but it's good that the rest were okay. Looking forward to pictures! :)

bckrazy
02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Woow, how exciting! Congratulations on your 9 healthy baby Border Collies! That really is a big litter for any BC mom, RIP little blue merle boy.

^.^ Of course, pictures are needed desperately... they must be the cutest little butterballs!!!

I'll have to read back, but what is the background on the Mom and Dad? Are they working dogs? ;0) Do you have a kennel name? I absolutely share your love for BC's, my little BC boy is everything to me.

poofy
02-14-2006, 11:57 PM
that is good all the rest are well, my nephews pitt next door had 7 the last was still born, she looked for it for days, the other six are all doing fine..
Sorry you lost that little its always hard

binka_nugget
02-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Congrats on the 9 healthy pups! :D

Were you a member of the Healthy Hound forum (a looong time ago.. when it was still around)? I know I knew someone with a blue merle BC named Ash.

K9karen
02-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Congratulations on 9 healthy, lovely BCs (my fave breed)! Can't wait to see pictures soon! I'm terribly sorry about the little prince. Sometimes things happen that we just don't understand. Lots of tender kisses on those little fuzzballs!

tikeyas_mom
02-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Im sorry that you lost that little one. :(. All those puppies are gunna keep you busy :D. cant wait for pics!! what colors are they all?

Daisy and Delilah
02-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Rest in Peace little guy. Congrats on the other nine! Puppy breath! :D

midget gem
02-15-2006, 08:11 AM
Congratulations on your 9 bundles of fun! :D You're really lucky, I'd love a dog but I'm not allowed.:( Sorry about your loss, you did everything you could.

cyber-sibes
02-15-2006, 09:08 AM
:) :o :rolleyes: :cool: :D :eek: :p :o ;)
Wow, 9 squirming wiggling crying warm snuggly puppies!!! Congratulations!
RIP little merle boy, play happily at the bridge!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Sad about the little guy who didn't make it :( He is being well looked after at RB

Congratulations on the other 9!! :D :D Can't wait to meet them all

lute
02-15-2006, 09:21 AM
it's so hard to loose a puppy. :( i can't wait to see pics of the pups! :D

dog_pug123
02-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Thats so sad about the poor dead puppy, poor little guy :(

I'm very glad the other puppies are healthy and happy. I look forward to seeing the pictures and glad the mom had a happy labor besides the dead puppy. Good luck with the 9! :D

Husky_mom
02-15-2006, 12:00 PM
iīm sorry for your loss, i know how it feel and it will make you feel better to know theres nothing youīve couldīve done (if thats what the vet says, been there too) :(

and Congrats on the rest of the wiggly butts, canīt wait for pics....... can you at least describe them for us, we are sooo anxious!!!!

9 new members!!!!! yaay!!!

kimlovescats
02-15-2006, 12:03 PM
So sorry about the one baby who passed, maybe it was something congenital. :(

Congrats on the NINE healthy babies! I can't wait to see teeny tiny pupper pics!!! :D

BORDER COLLIE LOVER
02-15-2006, 10:33 PM
AWWWWWWWW gee! thanks everybody!! You sure made me feel better. Love the way you call them wiggly butts!! Cute! :D

Binka, did you mean Hungry Hound? Yes its me!! Hi there. I got sick of dogo and the mob mentality there. Everybody here seems so much nicer! :D

Posting pics tomorrow............stay tuned................

K9karen
02-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Waiting with bated breath!