PDA

View Full Version : I'm New...Introduction

manyinone
04-16-2002, 02:07 PM
hi,

well here i am. Im new :D ... i am a dog /bird owner. i have a golden retriever rescue and a latino cockatiel. my newphew also has a golden retriever rescue. (my sister and nephew and i live together)
Katie is my nephews dog. she is about 8 or 9 years old. we have had her for a little over 3 years. When we got her she was sooo malnurished and sickly and jsut sad looking :(
but now she is happy and healthy and wonderful.
I got Saddie Marrie a latino cockatiel 3 years ago and she has been a wonderful addition.
a little over 10 weeks ago i added yet another animal :) ShyLa Ann to our home. She is also a golden retriever rescue from our local shelter (same place Katie girl came from) ShyLa wasnt nearly as bad off as Katie but she still has issue's ;)

im attaching a picture o the dogs... i hope you enjoy them. I also have some a Saddie Marrie but since this is a 'dog; forum LOL i wont bore ya with her pictures too!!!

i have tons of pictures of the girls so i hope you enjoy :)
Shyla is mine so i will probably talk about her more but Katie is a Wonderful girl too!

ManyinOne :cool:

wolflady
04-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk! The dogs are just beautiful, and anyone here on Pet Talk will tell ya, we love pics of all pets!! Do be sure to post some of your Saddie Marrie too!:D
Prepare to become addicted and again, welcome!:D

sasvermont
04-16-2002, 02:21 PM
So nice to see new people. I joined last summer and have posted or lurked nearly every day except while on vacation.

I love the attached picture of the two goldens. One looks to be more golden aged than the other.... :)

Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the fine people here. I have never met such a delightful, kind, funny, entertaining, informative group of folks!

We all love pictures, so don't be shy about attaching them!

SAS and her brats

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I hope you like it here. I've only been here since Valentine's Day myself, but, as you can see by the number of posts, can't keep quiet. There's so much going on and to talk about. Again, Welcome.:)

Cincy'sMom
04-16-2002, 03:49 PM
From one Sadie owner to another, welcome to Pet Talk!! (My Sadie is a 1 1/2 yr old lab/dalmation mix, and I have Cincy, a 6 month old lab/?(beagle) mix) Great pic of the dogs! There are a lot of golden lovers here!

aly
04-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Ohhhh my goodness!! LOOK at those beauties! For some reason that picture just brings tears to my eyes. They are both sooooo gorgeous! Thank you so much for rescuing them. They are so lucky to now be in the best home ever I'm sure!! I'm sure they shower you with the same amount of love as you shower them. There are so many Golden lovers and Golden moms on this board. They are going to melt when they see your babies. I'm sur you're going to fit right in! :D

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO PET TALK!! I hope you stick around because this is an excellent site! I have 2 dogs, a cat, and some fish. I am sure you will hear tons about them because I can never seem to stop talking about them or posting pictures :D Their pics are in my signature.

mugsy
04-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk and congrats on having rescue dogs. Yours are beauties. And I echo the thought that PICTURES!!!!! You will be hooked in no time!

tatsxxx11
04-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Let me pile on and say a big welcome to you and your beautiful babies! Oh, those Golden faces!!!:) Is there anything more precious!:) I'm Sandra and I have 2 dogs, Star and Cody, 2 kitties, Mr. B and Oliver and 2 piggies Squeekers and Moonlight! Hope you stick with us! And big hugs and kisses to your pups and feathered friends from us! By the way, I can't wait till you meet Logan. She has 2 Goldens and 2 birds!!

Logan
04-16-2002, 09:20 PM
Be still my heart!!!! They are absolutely gorgeous!! I think Goldens and Cockatiels make wonderful pets!!! I have two of each!! And two cats and a hamster!!! You're "manyinone", so I guess I'm "manymanyinone"!!! Welcome to our group, you and your beautiful dogs and Cockatiel!!! :D

Logan

LoudLou
04-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Oh such BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL Goldens!! Welcome to Pet Talk! Well, like everyone else has said WE LIKE PICTURES! Can't wait to see more and read more stories about your babies!
:D

Gio
04-17-2002, 02:34 AM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk from me too! :D And I have to agree with what everyone else wrote: your dogs are BEAUTIFUL! :D

Former User
04-17-2002, 04:22 AM
WELCOME! You will love it here! Yoyr dogs are adorable, there plenty of golden lovers here too! Of course, we love all kinds of animals here! Okay, I know it's said, but pictures are what we love to see here too, and hear stories about your furkids! Once again, welcome! :)

Deb Motter
04-17-2002, 06:59 AM
I'll add my two cents worth and also say welcome to Pet Talk. I love the two goldens. They look so kissable! I'm sure you'll love it here. And by all means post more pictures!

manyinone
04-17-2002, 08:14 AM
hello to everyone......

thank you for such a great welcome! im getting hooked already!
i love sharing pictures of my girls.

thanks for all the comments on picture. i love my new digital camera so i take lots and lots and lots of pictures. :D

Both girls are a great asset to our family!!!! we wouldnt be the same without them!
:p

im trying to get accustomed to this board and figure all the little gadgits out! im getting there LOL

hmm i cant the the url to work so ill just attach a picture :(

I will continue to look around and get to know some of you i hope.
I will have tons and tons of pictures to share in the future too :D

hope everyone's day is great.

Manyinone :cool:

p.s. thanks again for the great welcome

manyinone
04-17-2002, 09:11 AM
well it didnt attach

so here i try again :)

this is of katie outside! with the air flowing through her ears LOL

manyinone
04-17-2002, 09:12 AM
and one of shyla so she doesnt get jealous LOL

manyinone
04-17-2002, 09:16 AM
and of course the baby of the family (size wise)
Saddie Marrie

04-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Hi Manyinone !!!!
I can only make the Pettalk-row longer by giving you a warm welcome !!! Think you will be hooked in no time , just like I was .. (I only started about 2 months ago - I think ) !
Your doggies are just great !! Retrievers are my favorite type of dogs ! They are so gentle !! :)
Love that second picture of Katie !!!!!!!!!!!
Post some more , P L E A S E !!!!!!!!

manyinone
04-17-2002, 09:48 AM
hey lut,

Goldens are a wonderful bread. they are the 2nd most family orriented dog in america. cool eh?
when i was thinking of getting a dog of my own (katie is my nephews) i wasnt planning on getting another golden but i wanted the perfect pet. i knew i was gonna get another rescue so that wasnt a problem. i had been going into the local shelter a for a few weeks when i came across shyla. she was perfect for our family!
:)

i have tons of pictures at home of the girls and only a limited amount here at work LOL .so i will certainly have to post from home so i can add lots of pictures :)

manyinone :D

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Manyinone! I am also the proud possession of two wonderful Goldens, Dixie and Dusty. We also have a short haired domestic all black cat named Marty, Two Anoles (Lizzy long tail and Lizzy short tail), and two Mallard ducks Donald and Daisy. They give me and my family such joy.

Your two Goldens are beautiful and of course the kitty too! I look forward to hearing more about them all in future posts! You will love it here. It is addicting!

manyinone
04-17-2002, 01:00 PM
hey there

thanks for the welcome.
i have enjoyed wondering through the halls here and looking in on posts and posted some too :)

wow you family sounds big with lots of animals. we just have the 2 dogs and a bird and a kid LOL
its hard saying all their names at once.....kyle, katie saddie, and shyla. LOL
only ShyLa and Saddie are actually MINE so i tend to brag on them more :)

im gonna ry to get a picture of all three together soon. i have had to train shyla from the day we got her...within two weeks she new sit, down, NO, leave it and move LOL
she is still learning several other commands. and walking on a leash

thats cool you have 2 goldens too!! what are their ages?
katie is about?? 8-9 and shyla is 16 months.
Saddie is 3 years.

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by manyinone
thats cool you have 2 goldens too!! what are their ages?
katie is about?? 8-9 and shyla is 16 months.
Saddie is 3 years.

Dixie is 4 years old and Dusty is going to be 1 year old on May 2nd. He is Dixie's son. Marty is 3 years old. No guess on the ducks or Anoles.

Here is a attachment of the two Goldens. It's christmas but I can't find one of the two of them together more recently. I guess I need to get busy with the camera!

This one is not the best quality photo but it is a nice shot of the two of them!

manyinone
04-17-2002, 02:36 PM
hi dixie,

that is a cute picture.
i cant get the dogs to sit down long enough together to get a good picture of them. i have a few but most of them are seperate

do you have problems with your 1 yr old chewing on things? my shyla loves to chew on things :eek:
but we are working on it with her.

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Oh my yes! He is a very aggressive chewer and I don't discourage it. I just try to make sure he has plenty of the right things to chew. The very tough Nylabones that are flavored are his chew toy of choice. They are more expensive but they last a long time. I have about 5 of them laying around all the time so if he goes for something he shouldn't, I can redirect him quickly. So far we are doing great!

They do grow out of this. Their molars are still coming in and until that is over (usually 18 months) they will chew out of comfort. I also give him lots of ice cubes to chew on. He loves them and I can't open the freezer for anything without giving him one. He hears the freezer door and he is right there!

Here is a picture of just him when he was 10 months old.

manyinone
04-17-2002, 03:35 PM
OMG ok i totally thought my dog was weird or something LOL im glad she isnt.

i havent had a puppy around the house in a LONG time and forgot or somethign about just how long it takes them to get through the chewing stage!
shyla is just now about 16 months old and she has tons of chewing going on LOL
she chewed up two rugs yesturday!
she has tons of toys and stuff but she prefers things she isnt supposed to have LOL

she too loves ice cubes. i make special treats for her and freeze them and she LOVES THEM!!!!
like yours we cant open the ice box without her wanting a snack or ice cube

the only problem with giveing the girls bones and stuff is that we have had Katie for 3 years and shyla for only 10 weeks and Katie becomes agressive when the bones are out. that is the ONLY time she is. she shares her food (they do have seperate dishes), water, toys...everything just not her bones :confused:

so we have to be careful giving them to them when we arent home just in case.

you pup is so peerrty :)
very blonde compared to my girls. who are much more redish in color

Manyinone

anna_66
04-17-2002, 10:17 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!
Your just going to love it as much as I do! Love those pics of your furbabies! Let's see more!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Hi manyinone.....
AND WELCOME TO PET TALK !!!! :D
You are spoiling everyone with your pics I KNOW.....I know I am enjoying them!!! I really like the picture of your bird she is sooooo cute..!!!.. Can't wait to see more PICS!!!!!

manyinone
04-18-2002, 08:08 AM
hi,

thanks again for the welcome.
i have tons and tons and tons of pictures of the girls. unfortunately they are at home LOL i just have a few here at work. ;)

glad everyone likes the pics i enjoy taking them. :p

im gonna try to get some more pics here at work :)

ohh here is one of shyla SLEEPING!!! LOL this is how she sleeps all the time!

Albea
04-18-2002, 10:06 AM
FROM ONE GOLDEN LOVER TO ANOTHER,WELCOME TO PET TALK!
Your Golden girls are wonderful!!! Although that white face beauty is more a lady than a "girl." ;)
Bless you for giving them a loving home.
I do volunteer work for Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue. Have you ever seen our Web site? If not, go to: http://YGRR.org You'll love the pictures and stories.

manyinone
04-18-2002, 12:46 PM
hi albea

after i post this ill go check out that site. it sounds cool.

yeah i know katie is more of a 'lady' than a girl LOL but she is soo funny and still has so much 'puppy' in her that is is hard to say katie lady LOL :D
we have so many "nick names" for our animals im surprised the actually know their names LOL.

is that your golden in the picture? i must say very cute!!!

mugsy
04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Ok, I feel left out. Almost everyone on here has Goldens and not ONE of our 15 is a Golden. I'm glad you're on board now to share poochie stories. Once again, welcome!

AdoreMyDogs
04-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Ok, I feel left out. Almost everyone on here has Goldens and not ONE of our 15 is a Golden. I'm glad you're on board now to share poochie stories. Once again, welcome!

Mugsy, we can start our own club since neither one of us own one :) (although I REALLY want one!!!)

Welcome, Manyinone! I hope you like it here as much as I do.

I have two dogs, both mixed breeds. The first one is Graham who is an australian shepherd mix, and my new dog is Kersey, a GSD/labbie mix. Graham is about 8 years old and Kersey is about 9 months old.

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs

Mugsy, we can start our own club since neither one of us own one :)

Can I join too? Maybe we could call it the "Don't have a golden, but love 'em anyway" Club

mugsy
04-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey, now THERE'S a plan!! lol What should we call the club?? Three Poochie Moms with No Goldens??

Gio
04-19-2002, 02:57 AM
Can I join too? Please please please! :D

anna_66
04-19-2002, 08:00 AM
I really need to join too!!!

manyinone
04-19-2002, 08:35 AM
hi,
thanks for the welcome,

we didnt plan on getting a second golden when we went looking for a dog. but shyla just took over our hearts!

MIO

mugsy
04-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Well, there goes the 3 Men and a Baby theme!! hehehehe I think we need to form that club so we don't feel quite so left out of discussion! lol j/k Golden owners. MIO, I hope you are enjoying yourself on here.

manyinone
04-22-2002, 09:17 AM
yep just watching and reading. im just lucky i am in the club! LOL with my two goldens.

so does this mean im in teh "IN" crowd? LOL

CountryWolf07
05-11-2002, 09:22 PM
So adorable! I LOVE Golden retrievers, we almost got one, but we got Anna instead. :) ( She's a Siberian Husky ) - Rachel