PDA

View Full Version : Have DH and I been married too long?

sirrahved
02-14-2006, 04:29 PM
DH and I have a fun little "date" that we've been doing since we were dating. We go into a store, have a set amount of money (very small... usually $5 or less!) and then buy presents for each other. Part of the fun is sneaking around, trying to avoid each other, etc...

So last night for Valentine's Day (DH is out of town today) we went to Walgreens. We set the limit of $5 and went off on our seperate ways.

Not only did we BOTH decide to buy lots of small presents, but DH and I actually picked not one, but TWO identical items for each other! We bought cute Valentine's pins with a devil on them, and a mini word search book. There were other Valentine's pins, and there were other mini word search books. But we both ended up with the same things!

I personally take this as a sign that we spend WAY too much time together!

chocolatepuppy
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
That is so cute! :) Yes, you've been married too long..but ain't it grand? ;) Hubby and I have started buying each other the same thing for Christmas for a few years now :rolleyes: we just laugh! :D

petslover
02-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I take that as a sign that you two are so much in love. I think that is the sweetest thing. I hope you both have a fantastic Valentines. :)

AlleyCat
02-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Aww, I think that's just sweet!! Isn't it amazing what cute little things you can pick out for $5 or less? :)

poofy
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I think that not only is it amazing that you did that , but taht u still do it now that is the clincher :)

Corinna
02-14-2006, 07:33 PM
We did the same at christmas bought the same dvd for each other. Will be 27 years in March , dated for 3 years before

kimlovescats
02-14-2006, 08:06 PM
What a fun and adorable idea! I think it is WONDERFUL how you two know eachother so well, and have this little game to keep things interesting! Congratulations!!! :D

RedHedd
02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Happy Valentine's Day you two! Keep up the good work! I think it's adorable that you do this for each other - it's a sign of true love. May it continue for MANY more years!

moosmom
02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
I personally take this as a sign that we spend WAY too much time together

Don't think of it like that. Think of it as two great minds thinking alike. ;)

Russian Blue
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
What a great idea ($5 Valentine's date) - and I do agree, great minds think alike. :)