PDA

View Full Version : Just one litter ..show them this video

flip195
02-14-2006, 01:08 PM
As shocking and sad as this video is I believe every single person should watch it.
Next time someone tells you they want their pet to have just one litter show them this video.

www.safehavenrescue.com/videos/greenwalt.wmv (http://www.safehavenrescue.com/videos/greenwalt.wmv)

02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
This video is so hard to watch. You are correct, everyone should watch it. There is nothing in this world more sad than a loving animal which has to be euthanized. There is nothing in this world that relieves the pain I have from all this death. Why, why, why! I am in tears. Not because I am not aware but because I feel so helpless as one person. Spaying and Neutering your pet should be the law. Breeders should have to get a license and be monitored by AKC. There should be very tight restrictions for those that want to breed. Watching a puppy and kitten being euthanized is intolerable to me.

moosmom
02-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Mary,

Although I couldn't see it, I totally agree with you. The killing of puppies and kittens is intolerable to me too!! :mad:

02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am just trying to stop crying from that video. I have been fully aware of this situation for some time. It is just such a hard reality for me(I mean, I REALLY have a hard time with it). I have such an issue with pet overpopulation.

I am also involved with cat rescue ...if you can visit www.savethekitties.com, there are some kitties up for euthanasia on this site too. Bottom line, kitties and puppies are dying everyday and everywhere because of people.

This is the biggest tragedy I have ever known.

Mary

icedtea
02-22-2006, 02:32 AM
i couldnt see the video. i was secretly wishing i couldnt. i believe that if i could have seen it , i would not be very happy which is wh it didnt work. im a believer int hat sorta thing. this poor kitties.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-22-2006, 02:49 AM
That was heartbreaking watching all of those dogs/puppies being euthanized. I am so happy the shelters out here are no kill. The only ones that euthanize are the SPCA and Animal Control. All of the others will keep the dogs until they're fostered or adopted.

Addie
02-24-2006, 05:09 PM
i got 2 minutes in and i started to cry...those poor dogs and cats!!

:(

Lori Jordan
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
That is unreal im more mad than anything right now i cannot believe i even finished watching that crap....what is the point to putting puppies down? and the way they didnt have enough heart to gently place the dogs where ever they were taking them they threw them and draged them by one leg even though they were passed on they probably broke there legs...i have not seen anything like that in my life and i hope not too ever again...i'm glad all our pets here wont ever have to go through that that is not HUMAN for someone to treat an animal like that there ANIMALS and should die a very crucial death!! i have nothing else to say about that .that is just wrong

Kenley's Cat Lady
03-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I couldn't watch! I tried to, but as soon as I saw the faces I,had to stop!
So very sad the world we live in. :(

Sophist
03-21-2006, 01:39 PM
While I understand the intent of the video, it angers me just as much to see animal lovers unilaterally label euthanasia as 'murder' and 'slaughter' done by 'puppy-killers'. It really galls me, having had to make the heart-breaking decision to end much-loved pets' lives. The video never made any attempt to advocate getting your pets fixed, adopting or fostering shelter animals, or donating money or your time to help any of these animals. Don't exploit these animals' dying breaths without at least trying to offer some constructive ways to help prevent this problem.

ETA: I think videos of this nature are probably better off in the Dog House forum.

buttercup132
03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Wow! That was so disturbing I cant belive they drag them by the legs and stuff!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

.sarah
03-25-2006, 10:06 PM
While I understand the intent of the video, it angers me just as much to see animal lovers unilaterally label euthanasia as 'murder' and 'slaughter' done by 'puppy-killers'. It really galls me, having had to make the heart-breaking decision to end much-loved pets' lives. The video never made any attempt to advocate getting your pets fixed, adopting or fostering shelter animals, or donating money or your time to help any of these animals. Don't exploit these animals' dying breaths without at least trying to offer some constructive ways to help prevent this problem.

ETA: I think videos of this nature are probably better off in the Dog House forum.
I have a problem with that too. Pet overpopulation is not Animal Control's fault, nor is it LA's mayor's fault. It is irresponsible owners and breeders.

This video is very heartwrenching. Watching animals become lifeless will never, ever become easy, even in a dog or cat that is very sick and unhappy. However, for me the most heartbreaking part was how their bodies were treated. I know that not everyone feels this way, but I think they should be treated with more respect. Being tossed and drug around is not easy for me to watch.

moosmom
04-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I've seen more of my share of euthanasias as a volunteer at the Dearborn Animal Shelter, when I lived in Michigan, as well as working in animal rescue in both CT and MI.

critter crazy
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! I cant stop crying!! that is just so sad!!! I understand that unfortunately due to human stupidity that some animals need to be put down, because there just isnt enough homes for them all!! but the way they were dragging them about was just horrid!!! I had to put my baby boy Zeus down last x-mas and it was heart wrenching, but it was the right thing to do to end his suffering from cancer. I just cant bear to see it!! I forced myself to watch this and now i am severly regretting it!! So many memories are jsut tearing me apart!!! :( :confused: :(

luvofallhorses
04-20-2006, 03:18 PM
the video doesn't work for me.. :confused:

bckrazy
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
That was so, so heartwrenching. :( I really wish they would show this to kids in junior high and/or high school, and on national television. People seem to think that as long as they can find people to take the puppies they produce, they aren't hurting anyone! Personally, I DO blame the government for having such lax breeding laws. Obviously, some people just are not listening, and maybe they would listen if there were actual legal standards to breeding animals!

I've seen that in real life, it's very surreal and it makes you question humanity, honestly. They are throwing the bodies into the truck, but those animals aren't feeling anything. And that guy takes away thousands of dead bodies, so it has just become routine to him. I am a lot more disgusted that a some lowlife dumped their sweet, innocent puppy/kitten or their elderly companion dog in a kill shelter in the first place!

Alysser
04-23-2006, 12:52 PM
I got three minutes into the video and I couldn't watch it anymore. I just can't stand to see the death of innocent animals. I can't help but think of it as the idoit owners fault because they can't spay their animals. Im so upset right now... :(

flip195
04-25-2006, 08:47 PM
One has to look beyond the message that is in the video, it is such a shame that they produced an effective video but turned it into something political.
The truth is, animal control has a job to do.... they could do it in a little more caring way.... but if you look beyond the words the message is very clear
SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS AND THIS WILL STOP HAPPENING EVRYDAY>

parkyourpaws
02-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the "Just One Litter" video ?? I remember seeing it years ago, and my friend is doing some "later in life' online courses (we're in our 40's) and she's doing a composition about the importance of spaying and neutering your dogs and cats. I told her this would be a great video to use in her essay, but can't find a copy of it. She's in Utah and I'm in California, so it needs to be something I can forward. Can anyone help me ?? Thanks !!
Ronna

anne2008
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I didn't watch the video, I have too many horrible images in my head already.
My son did volunteer work at our pound and told me how they kill animals...he didn't last long. My daughter saved I don't know how many cats by fostering...they don't mess with pregnant cats or cats with kittens.
Like I said...I have way too many images...

Anne