PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Houdini! :(

luckies4me
04-16-2002, 11:17 AM
My Bengal cat (the one I rescued that recently became a grandma) was stolen from our house yesterday evening.:(
I am so sad and couldn't sleep all night long, all I did was cry.:(
I am working on a flyer for her right now and have contacted the local vet hospitals and pet stores and will be making a trip down to the Humane Society and pound today.
If I find the people who did this I swear they are going to be in big trouble. :mad:

If anyone on here doesn't know Houdini, here is a pic of her.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-16-2002, 11:37 AM
Gosh, I am so sorry! I hope you get her back. She looks a lot like my Leroy only he is a lot fatter. Prayers are on the way that she is returned all safe and sound to you soon.:(

Heather Wallace
04-16-2002, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat being stolen must be horrible for you, keep us updated on finding her will you.

aly
04-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Are you sure someone stole her? Maybe she accidently slipped out the door? Did you check all over the yard for her?

I really hope you find her soon and I'm so sorry this happened.

Daisylover
04-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Yes, I agree with Aly and check the house again. I know you've probably done this a hundred times but cats are so sneaky.....

My Siamese once got into a partially open drawer and someone came along a closed it on her....it was not a room we used a lot so it took us a while to find her. Then another time (actually it's kind of funny now) someone came in to my apartment to work on the water pipes. To do this they had to move the refrig and take out a panel in the wall. Well when he left to get something, my curious cat and her sister went in there and when he came back they were too afraid to come back out so, yup, you guessed, it they was walled up. Not only were they walled up but I was on the third floor and there was no flooring in that area so she was sitting on a beam in the dark. Fortunately I came home early that day and when they didn't greet me I tore the apartment apart. Then I went over to the office and they sent the repairman back but he insisted he never saw the cats and that they wouldn't be in there... I made him open the panel anyways and thank God I did because out they strolled like they'd spent the day in the park. He was flabbergasted and I think I was in shock. I never heard them make a sound when I was calling for them........ :eek: :eek:
So I'm hoping for you that she is hiding someplace and just being a cat... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sam's My Baby
04-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Oh im so sorry to hear that:( I hope that you find her real soon. Try checking in your neighborhood, she might be outside somewhere.

luckies4me
04-16-2002, 03:51 PM
well everyone, I found her. I knew I named her Houdini for a reason. She was in our house the whole time. I reason why I thought she was stolen was because the other night a drunk person was in our house and we called the cops and everything nd I thought they took her to get revenge on me. It turns out she was in the animals room. I have no idea where she was. We looked in there a bunch of times and looked good. We looked in the closet, under the bed, in the window sill, in the dresser, in the boxes in the closet and she never came out. This was alll day yesterday. You would think she would have meowed for food and came to us when we called her. She was in there a day and a half.
So this morning after I printed a bunch of flyers and wasted a bunch of in kfor nothing I went into the animals room to clean the cages and give fresh food and water and there she was. She just struuted right out as if nothing was wrong. Then she ran. He he. I think she didn't come when called because that room is off limits to the cats most of the time because they mess up the blinds. So she knew she wasn't supposed to be in there. She ran cuz she thought I would be upset but if only she knew that I was relieved that she was still here. I don't know what i would have done if I didn't find her.
So now I am sooooooo happy:D :D :D

Bunnicula05
04-16-2002, 04:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT HOUDINI!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT HER BACK!! BRING HER BACK! Sorry, I'm a bit of a drammatist, I sure DO hope you find her though! I had a cat stolen from me once, she was just a kitten and her name was Sundae. Our neighbors were little kids and I think they took her. Before her I had my baby, Peaches. I actually stole him because his owner knew nothing of animal wellbeing, I had him for two years.

Daisylover
04-17-2002, 03:08 PM
So happy to hear you found Houdini.....I guess she is living up to her name! You must feel great! :)
I love happy endings!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-17-2002, 03:26 PM
WHAT A RELIEF!!!
I'm so glad you found her. Give her tons of cuddles and a good talking to about ALWAYS coming when she is called. Not that the lecture will do any good, you know!;)

Heather Wallace
04-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Glad that Houdini turned up.

Gio
04-18-2002, 04:52 AM
What a scare! I'm pleased that she is safe. :D

luckies4me
04-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Yep it was a reliefe. I am so happy I found her.:D

Ann
04-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Phew, I'm really glad you found her!

I read somewhere that Bengal cats and Egyptian Maus have a bigger risk of being stolen than "normal" cats because of their beautiful and exotic coat! I'm really glad that this wasn't the case here though :)

anna_66
04-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Wonderful News! I'm sooo glad you found her!!!:D

luckies4me
04-18-2002, 09:34 PM
You guys are the best. I am taking her in to get microchipped tomorrow. Just in case. I have sold three of her grandchildren today. They all went to really knowledgable and loving families. I sure will miss them. But I am happy they got homes.:)