PDA

View Full Version : Furrykidsmother

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been around for awhile, but for those old and new to Pet Talk, just a little bit about me.

My husband and I are owned by our 4 furry kids, hence the name furrykidsmother. They can be seen in my signature below. Garfield and Gidget are Mom & Dad to Fluffy and Rusty. Gidget got pregnant the night before Garfield was fixed, but I wouldn't change a thing and once they were born there was no way I could have given them up, so we have a nice well rounded family of 4, 2 boys & 2 girls. I love all my children. They are all beautiful and spoiled and their favorite food is Chicken.

I am fortysomething and live in Southern NH almost on the Massachusetts border. I am originally from California. I love to Antique hunt, I enjoy cooking and also eating out, love to find new restaurants to try, I also like to read and love to take rides up North to the mountains.

We have a number of "adopted" dogs from our neighborhood who come to visit on a regular basis and I love all animals. I grew up with German Shepherds, had a variety of hamsters and turtles and my RB kitty Tasha was also like a child to me. Although I haven't had the opportunity in awhile I love Horseback riding too!

Well, I guess that is enough about me.

Corinna
02-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Glad to see you do a thread too. I hope most all the old timers do it . I think it is more helpful to remeber the people and stories of the kids.

Karen
02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't think I knew before that Garfield and Gidget are Fluffy and Rusty's parents, but that certainly would explain the uniform color scheme your cats have going! :) Thanks for the reminder!

sandragonfly
02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
sooo new about you. :) for the love of riding horses, thanks for the reminder, you almost never talk about it. :p anyway, I think I've never welcomed you before.. so, WELCOME. happy to meet you through this site! :D

if you all would allow, I'd also like to say, those three lovely women above are my wonderful Moms! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif - as well as few other 'mother hens' here too.

mhmm, furrykidsmother - you need to share some more pictures and ..forgot your name? :cool:

Ginger's Mom
02-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't wander over to the Cat side very often, but I did notice that all of your cats sort of look alike (very cute). Now I understand. :) Garfield wanted just one last hoorah. ;)

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the formal Welcome Gina and yes you are right, I do need to post more pictures and I am sorry, I forgot to mention, my name is Amanda.

Yes, I am fortunate to be one of Gina's "Mom's".

Yup, my 4 kids are all related that is why they look so similar. At times especially if it is a little dark I confuse Rusty and Garfield, they look so much alike!

I guess he did, well the good thing is we got Fluffy and Rusty from it!

Daisy and Delilah
02-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Hi Amanda, I just noticed the other day that your kitties look amazingly alike and now I see why ;) I think it's so cool! Thanks for mentioning the sport of eating out and looking for new restaurants. I love that too and I forgot to mention it as one of my hobbies ;)

jenluckenbach
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
HI!

Now go post some photos. :D

furrykidsmother
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I will put it on my list for the weekend! I've got some cute pictures, it just takes forever to upload them to Photobucket, but I'll work on it this weekend.