PDA

View Full Version : Weight, Size & Conjecture

BOBS DAD
02-13-2006, 11:50 PM
I need your help. I am trying to peg my new dog's (BOB) ultimate weight and size at maturity. this is particularly hard being that Bob is a mix (see photo below).

I have always had Beagles. My recollection of my pups and their growth patterns is pretty good, but I never really ever recorded precisely their weights/sizes at specific points. Say like, 8 weeks and then again 14 weeks, 3-4 months and on to full size. If anyone knows these general numbers for a medium dog (Beagle, Cocker, Terrier) and could share them with me, I could then compare them to my already known stats on Bob, and make an educated guess (I believe that is called a Hypothesis). Thanks for any help you can offer!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/pc2b5d95798e7c5505bd4dd355f617dc1/f030bf87.jpg

lvpets2002
02-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Well I dont know about all the calculations here = But I do know Bob is so adorable & may have Cutie Overload here.. ;)

poofy
02-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Whew, out of my range, but bob is adorable..lol.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't have any experience with beagles myself, but I did find this article:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1651&articleid=1068

The most helpful info in the article (I think) is that your dog will grow to be about twice the weight they were at the age of four months.

And I agree, your dog is adorable!

DIANESDOGS
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, Bob is sooo adaorable. Wherever did you find him? My dog Molly is a mix, but she looks alot like a beagle and is of meduim size. She was approximately 15 pounds at 4 months. She's 35-40ish now, but she is a bit overweight.

BOBS DAD
02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Bob is kind of cute! But he can be a little devil too!!! Nice little chart on estimating final dog's size. I am guessing that since is 10 lbs now at 14 weeks, he will be around 30 lbs full grown. I'll let you know how that formula works out.

This will be a relief to my wife, who wasn't quite so sure of Bob initially but has fallen in love with him. Now her friends are scaring her, saying things like Bob is going to be a "big dog", "look at those paws", etc., etc. I told her not to be worrying about that, because Bob looks like he's definitely going to be a mediumish sized dog (remembering all my Beagle pups at similar ages). Now of course, I don't really care how big Bob is actually, but I do really believe he will not be big. Heck, he is almost all fluff. When wet, there's nothing to him. Thanks again, and anyone else have anything to add, please do!

elizabethann
02-14-2006, 01:48 PM
When Fenway was a puppy, I was told by many people (including a vet) that he was going to be around 30-40 pounds. He's never gotten past 20. He's 19lbs now at 2.5 years old. So everybody was wrong. Not sure how big or small Bob will be.

We should have a Bob pool.

:D

lv4dogs
02-14-2006, 01:50 PM
The most helpful info in the article (I think) is that your dog will grow to be about twice the weight they were at the age of four months.

Boy do I hope they are wrong on that part, and I think they are otherwise Kaige will be 84lbs when he's full grown :eek: :eek: His ideal adult weight shouldn't be over 62lbs. Nanook doesn't even weigh 84 lbs. lol

Sorry I'm not of much help here either. Like I said before though he sure is a cutie!
Can we just guess? I say he's going to be about 35-45lbs. :p