PDA

View Full Version : kuhio98

kuhio98
02-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm Lisa and I am currently owned by 3 kitties (Halo, Cammie and Pepper). Kuhio passed away in 2002 after 17 wonderful years. I live in Anchorage, Alaska and work in Prudhoe Bay (http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1100/prudhoe.html), Alaska.

I've lived in California, Scotland, Germany, Mississippi, Pakistan, Turkey, Taiwan and now Alaska. I think I'm here to stay.

I'm married for 17 years (10 of them happy :p) to the wonderful Bobcat who loves kitties even more than I do (if that's possible).

We have a saying up here "The odds are good -- but the goods are odd". That came about because there are about 3 men for every woman in Alaska. Most of the guys are single for GOOD reason (there are a lot of weirdos out there). Yep, the odds are good -- but the goods are odd! :D

Uabassoon
02-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I've always wanted to visit Alaska, it just seems so unreal to me. Maybe it's because I live in the desert and Alaska is as different as can be!

smokey the elder
02-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I've always wondered what that quote meant!

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow! How interesting to know you lived in all those places. Is Alaska really as beautiful as I have heard? I have always wanted to take a cruise to Alaska.

Thank you for explaining the saying, I always wondered about it.

jenluckenbach
02-15-2006, 08:33 AM
How interesting to have lived in so many really DIFFERENT places! I have ived in one place for a life time (and I am here to stay).

So which 7 years were not happy? ;)

kuhio98
02-15-2006, 11:50 AM
So which 7 years were not happy? ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist. This is an old joke between Bobcat and I. We know all of these people who have been married for over 20 or 30 years and some of them don't live together or haven't spoken in years so we wonder why they stay married. :confused:

I can say that I was blissfully happy for the first 10 years. We hit some rough patches, but we just keep plugging along. :D

Killearn Kitties
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Those pictures on the link you posted are fantastic!

I always loved that saying you had. I just thought it was your own, but I'm glad to know the story behind it. :D

kuhio98
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Wow! How interesting to know you lived in all those places. Is Alaska really as beautiful as I have heard? I have always wanted to take a cruise to Alaska.

Thank you for explaining the saying, I always wondered about it.
Alaska is beautiful. It will exceed your wildest expectations. But, you have to like cool weather to really enjoy it. I've never taken an Alaskan cruise, but I imagine that the view along the coast is pretty.

You can find a lot of information on: http://www.alaskatravel.com/
This site http://www.alaska.com/ has a lot of nice photos.

Just realize that unless you plan to stay for a while, you will be seeing just a small part of it. Alaska is 570,373 square miles of land, plus 45,000 square miles of water. It is 2.3 times the size of Texas, 10 times the size of Georgia or Florida and almost 500 times the size of Rhode Island. There are approximately 100,000 glaciers in Alaska. The Malaspina Glacier is LARGER THAN RHODE ISLAND. The Chugach National Forest is about the same size as Massachusetts and Rhode Island combined (I don't know why we always pick on poor Rhode Island). :p Come up and see us some time!

furrykidsmother
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Thank you for the information!

sandragonfly
02-16-2006, 09:45 PM
welcome! from the snowiest city. :D (did you know upstate new york is the snowiest city in USA?) I beat ya.. :p

lisa, I've often thought of your dear precious kuhio and always used her story to everyone who don't mircochips or look enough for their dear ones! I hope that was okay to say, I just never could forget what happened. :(

anyway, enjoying have you around! :cool: