PDA

View Full Version : Camp OUT!

Bunnicula05
04-16-2002, 06:59 AM
Yesterday was really really hot, so my Mom and I opend up some windows downstairs in my living room and I spent the night in my living room on my hide-a-bed. SO COMFORTABLE! Anyway, I decided to let my buns out for the night since I was going to be in the same room. I got SOME sleep. LOL. The biggest thing was that Grey kept jumping up on the bed and it scared me half to death every time he jumped on there. He did however, stay for a little while and cuddled with me. Early in the wee hours, I woke up to little foot steps on the stairs. Gypsee and Grey were practically up to the dining room! I just stood at the bottom of the stairs and they knew they were in trouble, so they hippity-hopped all the way back down to their room. I must say this was quite an adventure. When my alarm went off I put them in their cage, but Gypsee calls for a little more assertive pushing. She actually bite me on the finger and drew blood. I didn't know it was bleeding 'til I took my shower. She is just SO agressive. I really need to get her fixed. Maybe that's what I'll ask for my b-day present. LOL. My b-day is next month, May 19th, then I'll be the BIG 15! Actually I'm REALLY excited because I get my permit! HEHEHEHE!

Heather Wallace
04-16-2002, 08:37 AM
Sounds as though you had some fun withthe rabbits Meg.

Unfortunately I had to seperate Cadbury and Twinkle as they where fighting a bit. They will be 6 months soon so I have booked them to be neutered on May 13th, so I can put them back to gether after that. I also found a vets that is much cheaper than the one where Bunny got fixed. Can you believe that it is half the price. Also, the vaccinations are more than half the price of any other vet that I've been to.:)

Meg when will Gypsee be getting done?

Bunnicula05
04-16-2002, 10:01 AM
Gypsee will be getting done whenever I can get the money...lol

Daisylover
04-16-2002, 10:27 AM
I am so glad you are having so much fun with the bunnies being in the house. They are a riot and I am positive that they nag each other into getting into trouble...you know the "I'll do it, if you do it first" thing. I think that's great Grey got up on the bed with you. Daisy used to do that but then he got sick and I made the mistake of sitting on the corner of the bed to give him his medicine, so now he equates being on the bed with medicine and gets off immediately. :D
As far as the bite on the finger....Gypsee was telling you she loved being out of her cage and didn't want to go in. You know, another thing you might ask for your birthday is portable fencing! The great thing is that because it is portable, you can use it in your room or outside or in another room in your house. And the bunnies have a much bigger area to stay in. In fact the House Rabbit Society is urging people to use the fencing now rather than cages.
I think you are right to get her spayed as soon as you can do it. Female buns are prone to reproductive cancers and it will also calm her down and make her urine smell less strong and THAT is always a PLUS!!!! :D

Bunnicula05
04-16-2002, 03:52 PM
a BIG plus indeed!