PDA

View Full Version : Your help needed .....Please!

Catsnclay
02-13-2006, 12:57 PM
I really need everyone's opinion in this survey. I am connected with another group of artists, and we are trying to put our heads together for a new "line" of animal things. We are looking do make something different, unique and something that everyone would purchase.

Right now colors and designs are not an issue, just the actual piece.

After several internet discussions, they came up with the following 3 items that they thought would be "best" sellers, please let me know if you agree or disagree, and WHY. This is really important to us.....we don't want to make things that no one will buy!

EDIT 2-14-06

Oh dear! Jen, thank you for pointing out my error, It should read

1) picture frame

2) treat jar

3) BOWLS ( :eek: :eek: sorry!)

4) other

Thanks ahead of time for all your answers and comments.......they will really help! :D

catnapper
02-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Definately a treat jar! In fact, I NEED one at the moment! I'm looking for one that has the rubber gasket seal for freshness (and to keep treat thieves out ;) )

There are so many cat and dog frames out there now that anyone can find one at even the local RiteAid (I know this as I saw one the other night at Rite Aid) and you'll never get your money for them - the Rite Aid one went for $5. Your materials alone would be that.

kb2yjx
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
How about mugs??? A nice size for a BIG cup of milk for me(and Riley)!!

catmandu
02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Maybe a Cat Shelf with brackets that you could screww into the wall,so the Cats would be able to run up and down them,like The Walker Cat House.
The Kitten Trio would love that!!!

jenluckenbach
02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
You have picture frame listed twice. Did you mean to write something else?

Here are some of my own personal thoughts.

1- dog people almost always ONLY buy their breed of dog. So if you make dog frames or treat jars with DOGS on them, they might not sell as people will only want their breed. But if you use things like bone shapes, fire hydrants, or other dog related items, they would be more "universal".

2- picture frames are fairly common, and for people with multiple pets it might mean they'd have to buy multiple frames and then they might decide against that (this is what I do. How could I possible CHOOSE who to frame and how could I buy 16???!!!)

3- treat jars are great for dogs, but cat treat usually only come in small resealable packages. I could not imagine taking the treats out of them to put in a jar.

4- BOWLS would be a great idea. Everyone uses them!

just a few of my own ideas.

icedtea
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
i agree about the bowls. A very good bowl design would be purrfect. im sure youll figure something out. but i do agree with the others, picture frames are very common.

G535
02-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Bowls for cats is the only one I would buy too.

It's really hard buying cat stuff, you buy a new toy and the cat plays with the wrapping it came in! :D

catnapper
02-14-2006, 06:15 AM
3- treat jars are great for dogs, but cat treat usually only come in small resealable packages. I could not imagine taking the treats out of them to put in a jar.

I do all the time! LOL Have I not shown you what Harry can do to a package of treats? and those were "hidden" away in a drawer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/Greenies.jpg

Oh Harry, I love ya bud! But try to chew through ceramic! LOLOLOL

sirrahbed
02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I would probably not purchase a picture frame and agree that they are already so available....I really like the idea of cute food bowls.....but would LOVE to have a treat jar!!

That sounds so unique...and like catnapper, my treat packs are chewed up like hers are if I don't keep them in a drawer or cabinet...and I find the foil packs annoying to open. They make too much noise if I am trying to treat one of my more timid cats like Boomer or Eliot. A quiet treat jar would be terrific. I would also like it to have the rubber seal for freshness. If not, then I would vote for the food bowls :D

Catsnclay
02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Ok, thanks for pointing out my goof :rolleyes: but you all were right, one was to be "bowls" :rolleyes: but I can't seem to change my own poll! :confused:

Thank you all for your comments.........

Please keep them coming in! They are really helping my group.

Kirsten
02-14-2006, 01:15 PM
I've voted for "treat jar", too. My girls always chew on the bags and they look like the one Kim has posted! : :rolleyes:

Kirsten

Barbara
02-14-2006, 01:36 PM
I am using tin cans for treats- you know the cute ones with kitties that sometimes come as a special edition. But I'd rather buy a treat jar. I have some cute handpainted bowls from an artist I know in Arizona ;) but if they broke I'd buy more bowls.

Catsnclay
02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I am using tin cans for treats- you know the cute ones with kitties that sometimes come as a special edition. But I'd rather buy a treat jar. I have some cute handpainted bowls from an artist I know in Arizona ;) but if they broke I'd buy more bowls.

Aww.....gee Barbara! :o Thank you!!

But this really wasn't about my business, we are really trying to put our cyber-heads together and come up with a good product!

You all have been REALLY helpful!! Then again, that is why I consulted all of you. :D