PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible....

catnapper
02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
My guys have the diarrhea again. Along with the diarrhea, someone has started to pee again - on the kitchen counter, on clothes, etc.

Now, is it possible that Mr. Stressy Boy (aka Pouncer) is upset that the diarrhea is back and he thinks his peeing problem is back too? I have been watching closely and he has NOT been spending time in and out of the litterboxes like he did when he was sick. He's acting completely normal in every way.

Could he just THINK he is sick again and now reacting the way he did when he WAS sick?

Fear_Nuclear
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
That is a great question, I have no idea :confused: but I do hope that your guys get better and stop peeing all over the place ;)

jazzcat
02-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Ah gee Kim, sorry to hear the poos and pees are back. So you aren't certain who is doing it? Has anything happened to stress the stress-out king?

I sure wish I had some insight for you but I'm wishing you luck getting to the bottom of it (no pun intended). Here's hoping for litterboxes filled with tootsie rolls and pee biscuits where they belong!

catnapper
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Well King Allen has been back to pooping on the bathmats the past few days (I KNOW its Allen because he's the only one who ever did that) Someone (I'm thinking Allen or Pouncer) pooped on the carpet a good 2 feet away from the litterbox the other night. They've been BAD lately. I switched back from the Hills prescription diet to Nutro. The bad behavior start the same time I did the food switch, AND its the same time Emory came to live here.

It is entirely possible that Emory is stressing them out. I am glad Em is only here a little while longer.

christa
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Gosh Kim, I'm sorry to hear about all this. After all the help you've given me over the past few weeks with my problem, I feel bad that you're going through this now. I hope that it gets cleared up soon. Hang in there! ;)

kimlovescats
02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh my goodness, Kim! I am guessing the food change has maybe started the diarrhea again since it is affecting more than one cat. But, I am also thinking that Emory is causing the stress and therefore, unpleasant behaviors in Pouncer! I'm so sorry! :confused:

jenluckenbach
02-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Emory seems to be the best reason for stress (having a room off limits to your own cats.) but switching the food is the most likely reason for diarrhea. As for pooping outside the box...... :confused:

catmandu
02-13-2006, 09:38 AM
I am sorry that you are having so many problems with Your Cats.
I know how frustrating it was when Shemp starting going outside the Litter Box,as it ruins the woodwork,and the smell never comes out.
We are praying that you can find some solution to your problem,as noone wants a messy House.

Craftlady
02-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I would say for as much problems that have come by in the last few months, maybe it's time to stop the fostering. Direct your attentions to other areas of the rescue where you could help the organization but not have animals in the house as fosters. Pouncer's well being is more important in my opinion if having fosters in the house now is stressing him out to much, I would stop.
Just my 2 cents. :)

Catty1
02-13-2006, 07:18 PM
If the cats ALL started the new food at the same time and ALL got diarrhea, stands to reason that is what did it. Could be a temporary thing. Ask the vet, or call the toll free number on the bag of food(should be one there).

You can also see what happens when Emory is gone. May be a bit of both - new cat and new food all at once.

hugs
Catty1

catnapper
02-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I would say for as much problems that have come by in the last few months, maybe it's time to stop the fostering. Direct your attentions to other areas of the rescue where you could help the organization but not have animals in the house as fosters. Pouncer's well being is more important in my opinion if having fosters in the house now is stressing him out to much, I would stop.
Just my 2 cents. :)
I agree 100% with you.... its just easier said than done :o

I will foster sweet Emory while he is here and see what happens once he's gone.

I've come to the conclusion that my guys should NOT be having hairball control food by itself. Its needs to be mixed with something else..... I have had an "aha" moment the past few days regarding this. I spoke to Angel's new mom and she said the only time Angel has had diarrhea was after she ate the hairball food their male cat eats. It got me to thinking (something I try to do little of ;) ) and I think my guys don't need so much "lubrication"

It looks like I have a mixture of things going on.... changed food, a foster, and a full moon!~