PDA

View Full Version : Worst Pain you have Ever been through???

Fear_Nuclear
02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Mine was when I was about 8 and I stepped in glass and I had to go to :confused: umm it wasn't a hospital but a doctor place IDK anyways they soaked my foot in this watery substance for 10 minutes to see if it would come out and it didn't.(Run on sentence Sorry) ;) SO they decided to take a nife and dig inside of my foot and I could feel every bit of it owwwwww it hurt. Oh and they never found anything :confused: That made me :mad: ....

luvofallhorses
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM
when I got my wisdom teeth out last year.

kuhio98
02-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I was 12 and mauled by a St. Bernard. He put my whole head in his mouth and shook me like a rag doll. When he let go, I played dead. He came back once to see if I was still alive and I didn't move. When I was sure he was gone, I ran home. Dad raced me to the hospital. They quit counting at 300 stitches. Luckily most of them are covered by my hair.

Muddy4paws
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
When I got huge burns on my hands through work, I was in so much pain and shock, I remember going to hospital, They could only give me a cold compress and I was under a cold tap for like an hour in pain, They said it was thrid degree burns and that I would get scaring, they couldnt give me too much medicine either because I'm alergic to the Iburofen so they gave me some other medicine which made me Very high! but it took away the pain quite a bit. I never ever want to feel that much pain again :(

On the plus side though, I have got scaring but you cant notice it unless you properly look at my hand and its healed fully so I can still use it properly!

slleipnir
02-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm lucky enough so far to not have anything really serious. Currently, I would say my wisdom teeth.

Alysser
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
When I was scratched across the eye by my moms friend cat. I didn't have any stitches but it REALLY hurt.

cocker_luva
02-12-2006, 07:05 PM
two broken shins. but i didnt know they were broken, so i didnt get the set. they healed on their own and how i can 'crack' them like people crack their knuckles.

CountryWolf07
02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm lucky enough so far to not have anything really serious. Currently, I would say my wisdom teeth.

Same here..

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Hmm...when I sprained my ankle and broke my wrist...that's about all I can think of for now.:)

chocolatepuppy
02-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Toss up between 3 broken bones and hernia surgery. ;) Can't remember which hurt worse, I just know they hurt.

K9soul
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Well I assume you mean physical pain, although some emotional pains are far worse than any physical.

The worst physical pain I have experienced was a bad neck sprain. I don't even like to remember how horrible that was. I've never broken any bones and am generally not accident-prone.

sandragonfly
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
the worst pain I've went through hurts to remember and share publically. :(

carole
02-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Not trying to put anyone off but having my first child was the worst i have ever experienced, it was a very traumatic birth and nothing went right, and afterwards was just as bad, but having said that my second child was easy peasy in comparison, other than that I think the last sprain i had on my ankle was pretty awful, it was the fourth sprain on the ankle and i walked off a platform into mid-air, long story. :)

Addie
02-12-2006, 08:33 PM
ooo...owww....ummm, my worst...i was just bit on the arm by a dog like in November, but that DIDN'T hurt at all, it was numbed when she bit me...i don't know why but it is still swollen...hmmm...no, definatley when i was 6, i went to rehoboth beach and some guy RAN OVER my knee withhis 4 wheeler, and the bad thing is, it didn't break...it might have been better if they had broke so they could surgically fix the vein the went under in between my joint and my knee cap...oooowwww...i can crack my knees now, but terrible pain...

or when i went crab fishing with my dad when i was 8...we got bit by horseflys that left welts on my shoulders and arms, got bit by crabs and stuff...but my dad went to a little cafe by the beach and i was watching my brother. I saw this pink baggy thing and i told him to stay away from it, not knowing what it could be, so i went in after him to get him out...and i got stung...and my aunt, a doctor, told me it was a man o war...owwwwwww...i hvae a HUGE welt on my ankle...

i think its fun telling people about my battle scars...lol...what do you guys think??

Suki Wingy
02-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm really lucky, for me it's when I get full leg/foot cramps, that's all.

finn's mom
02-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Probably when I was getting a couple cavities filled, got the shots in my mouth, but, they started doing stuff before I was numb at all. Oh, man. That was excruciating.

davidpizzica
02-12-2006, 08:50 PM
The very worst pain I went through was when my left knee was deteriorating. Towards the end I had very little cartilage in my knee and I was walking bone on bone. Indiscribable pain. I finally had to get a total knee replcement. Now I have no pain, I can walk very close to normal, and I can even bowl! I hope I don't have to go through THAT again!

Joannie
02-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Well the two types of pain I remember as the worst are #1 when my dachsund McMurphy died I felt like I abadoned him, I can still see his eyes looking at me when they carried him into the back room, I never saw him alive after that. I will never forgive my self for that one. Then I was at the dentist and he started to drill and I didn't have enough novacaine, YOWIEE. Joann

I_luv_rusty
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Umm Maybe when I was little and got my finger on a brick wall when my dad was running with me in a stroller and I put my hand out to feel the rain, cuz my dad didn't want to get his camera wet. So he was running, I put my hand out and yeaa. But i actully don't remember that has hurting. Maybe a few months ago when my neck hurt so bad for like 2 days! omg pain! :p Or maybe when I went paintballing with my brother, one shot in the leg I never went paintballing again. lol

poofy
02-12-2006, 10:03 PM
wow hard to say which was wose, polio, cracked back, cracked vertabra in the neck..ummmm..but burns that the one had before seem like the wose to me..the pain.. :(

shais_mom
02-12-2006, 10:13 PM
when I was a kid my knees would give out occasionally - the pain was terrible - I usually couldn't walk - knees would swell up horrible - and I would be hysterically crying.
When I broke my foot in Oct my first broken bone.

moosmom
02-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Oh Carole!!!

I was just thinking the exact same thing!!! I understand people who have pain. But childbirth pain??? :eek: :eek: Ain't nothing else like it, honey! ;)

anna_66
02-13-2006, 08:53 AM
If we are speaking of physical pain, I would have to say when I had the Shingles. It was one of the worst pains I've ever felt.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-13-2006, 08:59 AM
That must have been after my back-surgery. The pain was so overwhelming!! :(

Samantha Puppy
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Child-birth, pre-epidural. Women say they "forget" the pain once it's over but I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever.

Ever.

Never ever.

In a gazillion years.

Ever.

RobiLee
02-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm going to have to say childbirth and my many surgeries, mostly the abdominal hernia one. Geesh, that was a tough one to recover from. I'm amazed at how much pain our bodies can tolerate.

Husky_mom
02-13-2006, 12:25 PM
so far.......i agree CHILD BIRTH!!! next goes cramps i´ve got the worse when growing up, i havent had anything broken or stuff like that, i´ve been dog bitten but nothing bad.............

but theres this pain, which is not like to die of but it really pisses me........when you bump your foot in a furniture, a corner of a wall or anything and your pinky stays behind while you keep walking......OUCH!!!

Miss Z
02-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Hmm, couple of times here. I really hated it when i had to have teeth removed, they bled like crazy and my mouth was sore for weeks after it, and also when i got my brace on and it absolutely KILLED for the first week.

Another time was when i was 6, and i was running on the patio and then fell... onto the lawnmower blade which was propped up against the wall and gashed my knee open right across the leg. It didn't hurt at first, because i actually sat there for a couple of seconds and watched the blood ooze out, but then my mum came around the corner and quickly whisked me off to be bandaged up.
Also, when my brother jumped on my little finger and broke it, YOWCH i can feel the pain now!!!!

But i think the worst pain of all is emotional pain, especially when you lose a dear pet:( :(

racing_gurl07
02-13-2006, 12:57 PM
When i had kidney stones :( Its worse pain than having a kid! (not that i would know about giving birth) lol

sandragonfly
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
samantha puppy
Women say they "forget" the pain once it's over but I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever. ..Ever. ..Never ever. ..In a gazillion years. ..Ever.

guess you wasn't happy with how it went through?

comments on childbirths aren't going to give me shivers! :o I think I've went through a pain worse than a childbirth.

Samantha Puppy
02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
samantha puppy
Women say they "forget" the pain once it's over but I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever. ..Ever. ..Never ever. ..In a gazillion years. ..Ever.

guess you wasn't happy with how it went through?

comments on childbirths aren't going to give me shivers! :o I think I've went through a pain worse than a childbirth.
I won't say you haven't, but I would suggest waiting until you've gone through childbirth to make a statement like that. :)

Aidan's birth was fine - once I got the epidural.

caseysmom
02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't want to say too much on childbirth because I don't want to scare anyone but on a scale of 1 to 10 the pain was a 50! My labor wasn't the typical though.

sandragonfly
02-13-2006, 03:07 PM
exactly what I meant, atypical.

overall. baby, the people, atomsphere, etc. too.

Queen of Poop
02-13-2006, 03:36 PM
For me, the worst pain has been the loss of my pets. Rascal (ferret), Sami (dog), Trouble (ferret) and most recently Miko (ferret).

I've been drilled unfrozen by the dentist, broken my ankle, several sprained ankles, carpal tunnel, surgery for carpal tunnel, stitches in the head after a fall and a divorce and all of these pale in comparison to losing a loved fur baby.

moosmom
02-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Samantha Puppy

"I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever.

Ever.

Never ever.

In a gazillion years.

Ever."

AMEN to that, girl!!!

Thats the one thing guys absolutely, positively CANNOT take credit for!!

RICHARD
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Losing my dad and GF within 5 months....

at least with CB you get something out of it!! ;)

Sudilar
02-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Of course losing both Killian and ESPECIALLY Shiloh in 7 months. :( :(

Cincy'sMom
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Losing my brother.

Physical pain, gall bladder attack. I have nothing to compare it to, but I have been told by people that have had both, it is worse then childbirth. (Again, with childbirth, you have something to show for it!)

buttercup132
02-13-2006, 06:59 PM
When I fell off Trigger and Severly sparained my ankle, I think it was more painful that I couldnt go out and do anything for a week!! I hate being stuck in my house/room! I have a couple more I thought of..When I ripped my toenail off that was gross and hurt! When I sliced my knee open on my freind play set and had to get stiches, and last getting my wisdom teeth out ! OWWW

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Physically, probably... my headaches. Every once and a while I get the worst migranes. I've never broken anything or given birth, so I can't really say.

Emotionally, when I lost my three cats and when my parents were getting split and I didn't understand why. Relationships always hurt, even if you say they don't.

king2005
02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I fear the day my knee pain returns (it will :( ).. I remember crying for hours & hours & hours. Squirming all about in horrible pain, taking all kinds of meds, x-ray after x-ray, dr. after dr., day after day, year after year of horrid pain :(

Atleast with child birth its over in a few or many hours, but not days, months or years :(

It was quite annoying aswell, as I would be fine & playing with my friends or the dog & then BAM! I was on the ground screaming & balling my eyes out. The shortest time I had it for was about a day long. The worst was WEEKS long!

I was lucky to have Max back then. He was the best drug that I was given. I don't know why he let me hurt him like I did, hugging him WAY too tight, grabbing him or spasm & hit him really hard. I never ment to hurt him ever, I didn't know what I was doing 1/2 the time I was in so much pain. Max never left my side during one of my fits. The poor thing nearly cried as much as I did, but still refused to leave my side (dad tried & he fought to come back to me). Thats why I was sooooooo attached to Max.. I miss him dearly!

Vela
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
The greatest pain for me honestly is probably watching my husband suffer with a progressive degenerative disease that will never improve and will slowly steal his life. I can honestly that that childbirth and everything else pales compared to watching that happen. I've had kids without epidurals, I've broken bones, I've had a tooth pulled with no novocaine, but none of that truly hurts compared to living with the pain of each day and watching your spouse deteriorate. It's not something I usually speak of, but for me that would have to be it.

caseysmom
02-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry about that Vela I wasn't aware of what you are going through with your husband, that must be very hard.

RedHedd
02-13-2006, 10:29 PM
After my mastectomy in 1998. There were complications. I will NEVER forget the excruciating pain.

CathyBogart
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
A migraine I had recently. Well, any migraine, but the most recent one stands out in my mind because I was on the floor clutching my head and crying uncontrollably because I thought I was going to throw up/pass out.

Emotional...finding out that someone I had loved and trusted for several years had sabotaged our birth control to manipulate me.

G.P.girl
02-13-2006, 10:55 PM
ah, well i havent really been in any serious serious pain. but i've had really really really bad splints at times.

K9karen
02-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Endometriosis attacks and passing out were no fun. Neck surgury was bearable but back surgery was a real eye opener. But for me, the worst pain is emotional. Losing my parents and Cody was the worst pain ever. Physical pain eventually subsides, but emotional pain stays for a long long time.

Toby's my baby
02-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Emotional pains are worse than physical, for me, but, my worst physical pain would have to be. . .. . walking on a broken ankle for a year, and not knowing it was broken, every step hurt, but all the doctors said it would heal on its own, and that it wasnt broken, but, it was, after I went to another doctor, and they did surgery, and shaved off bones that were rubbing together, and the ones that were all jagged from the bone that was missing :o. That was probably one of the worst things. . .

furrykidsmother
02-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Wisdom teeth! I had all 4 pulled at once and it didn't show in the x-ray, but one of the roots was wrapped around the jaw bone and when they pulled it, it broke a small piece of my jaw. I was in such pain for a week and black and blue from my neck to my eye.

pitc9
02-14-2006, 08:58 AM
This is a toss up between when I blew my knee out playing softball and had to have it drained twice with a needle that looks like it could have been used for a HORSE! :eek:
Or.... when I had a spinal tap and instead of only taking 15 minuets and having a needle pierce my spine 2 or 3 times it took and hour and 15 minuets and I was jabbed in my spine 14 times!!! Then I was on my back for a week with a spinal headache.
Yeah, now that I think about it....the spinal tap was MUCH worse!!!!!! :(

Van10
02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
pitc9, furrykidsmother, k9karen, toby's my baby: Oh my such pain!. . . :eek: :(

The worst emotional pain that I have gone through was when I had depression not too long ago.

BC_MoM
02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Child-birth, pre-epidural. Women say they "forget" the pain once it's over but I'm here to tell you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER forget the way I felt. Ever.

Ever.

Never ever.

In a gazillion years.

Ever.

Is it really that bad? You're scaring me away from having children when I'm older! I can't stand pain at all and will do whatever I can to stay away from it.

lv4dogs
02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I've had a lot of physical & mental hurts that I can not even post here.
But for ones I can post here I have it tied between 3 different hurts, they all hurt REALLY bad.

My eptopic pregnancy, pre-surgery (only the day or two right before the surgery hurt realy bad) & post-surgery (the first week or so I was home which was actually 1.5 weeks after the surgery, I didn't have the morphine drip anymore lol). I did die during surgery, they revived me thank god.

A Kidney infection. Yes it hurt that bad, I was misdiagnised for weeks & weeks before I was admitted to the hospital where I had to stay for almost a week because it was so bad. They said a couple/few more days & I would probably wouldn't of made it.

My broken hand bones & tendons/ligaments, granted this one only hurt REALLY bad for about 4 or so hours until it was set all back in place but when it was first broken boy oh boy did it really hurt. It still hurt for a couple/few weeks afterwards but not nearly as bad as it did at first, not even close.

Boy some of yous really should count your blessings. Actually we all should we have some real lucky folks on PT! :D
Glad that each one of us is here to tell our stories! HUGS to us all! :D

Samantha Puppy
02-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Is it really that bad? You're scaring me away from having children when I'm older! I can't stand pain at all and will do whatever I can to stay away from it.
Everyone's pain thresholds are different. What is excruciating to me may be little more than cramps to you, so don't be scared off. Even if you are in a lot of pain, get the epidural! It felt like a little bee sting and after I got it, I felt so much better (read: couldn't feel ANY contraction, my husband had to tell me when I was having them by looking at the monitor), I took a nap!! I'll have another child, two if finances allow, I'll just be asking for the epidural as soon as I can get it.

caseysmom
02-15-2006, 01:30 PM
All childbirth situations are different also, I had unproductive back labor that was horrible, that doesn't happen to everybody, and frankly that was easier than dealing with a teen :rolleyes:

Anita Cholaine
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
The worst physical pain I had was when my kneecaps dislocated. The pain was awful, and it happened to me sooo many times in both knees....

Fortunately, I had my left knee surgery in december, and I'll have the right knee in July, so it won't happen anymore....

About emotional pains... It's better and healthier not to remember them, I don't want to feel depressed....

davidpizzica
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
The worst physical pain I had was when my kneecaps dislocated. The pain was awful, and it happened to me sooo many times in both knees....

Fortunately, I had my left knee surgery in december, and I'll have the right knee in July, so it won't happen anymore....

About emotional pains... It's better and healthier not to remember them, I don't want to feel depressed....
Hi, Natali, join the "pain in the knee" club! I know exactly what you've going through! Right now my left knee is doing great. I can do just about everything now!

Twisterdog
02-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Childbirth! :eek:

Followed by breaking my knee ... twice.

Followed by having a root canal without anesthethic. (I'm resistant to anesthethic.)

Desert Arabian
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
My migraines...which always results in me blacking out & having to be rushed to the Emergency Room. Aside from that it would have to be when I got kicked full force by a horse on the shin bone. I have a permanent bump on my shin from that.