PDA

View Full Version : Do you like snow?

jenluckenbach
02-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Do you like snow (measurable snow, not a flurry or a dusting)? And why or why not?

I for one......HATE snow. I hate to be cold, for one thing. I hate shovelling. I hate driving in it or not being able to go driving because of it. I see no useful purpose for snow cover.

How about you?

jazzcat
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Yes I like it but probably because for the past 5 years I've only seen a good snow amount a few times. Apparently we got another inch or two overnight but by the time I rolled out of bed it was already melted, again. I want some snow to play in for at least one day!

davidpizzica
02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I don't like snow! It looks pretty on the ground, but I hate to drive in it, and I have to SHOVEL it! Also Pennsylvania uses salt on their roads and it gets on the cars and causes RUST. To me "snow" is a four letter word!

chocolatepuppy
02-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I love *snow* ! ;) To me it's better than being dreary all winter, snow brightens the world up. I love watching it snow. I'm not crazy about the really cold weather, like single digits but otherwise the cold doesn't bother me. :D

Almita
02-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I mostly agree with David P since I have to shovel it all when I was living in utah but I liked it but them I really didn't like it after all.

CagneyDog
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I hate it. I can't stand winter, it is such a depressing season

kuhio98
02-12-2006, 01:10 PM
LOVE IT! I love how it covers up all the ugly dirt in the streets. And how it muffles the traffic noise. How it blankets the trees. I don't love to shovel, but it's okay in small doses. (I hate noisy snow blowers so I shovel the old-fashioned way -- it's about the only exercise I get). I like it cool. I like to build a fire in the fireplace and listen to the wood pop and hiss. Living in Alaska, I learned to drive on snow and ice. But, after we've had a large snowfall, I usually try to stay off the roads until they are cleared.

From watching the news, it looks like you guys got a lot more snow than we usually get in one storm. Our snow is usually dry and fluffy. Wet, heavy snow is the worst to shovel!

As for its useful purpose -- if we didn't have snow, we wouldn't have ground water -- so no rivers, streams or lakes. Most of our ground water in Anchorage comes from snow melt since it doesn't really rain hard here.

Karen
02-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I love snow! In a few minutes, I will be out to begin shoveling!

I like snow.
I like shoveling.
When it snowss, everything looks clean.
When it snows, a parking lot suddenly looks like a field.
You can make snow angels, snow men in some kinds of snow, build forts, etc.
When it snows, it is easier to see the tracks of wild animals and birds.
Everything is quieter when it snows, except the occasional scrape of plow and shovel.
The trees become black lace against a white background, with snow edging the patterns.
When it is snowing, there is NO POLLEN to worry about!

Skiiers can ski, children can sled ...
Hot chocolate is even batter when you've just come in from shoveling.
If you fall down, the snow cushions you in the way ice never does.

There is a sense of being at the mercy of the weather - suddenly you surrender stressful attempts to control everything around you, because you cannot. Just relax and watch the snow falling.

The world is calmer when it snows.

Alysser
02-12-2006, 01:28 PM
It's pretty and all. But it's not fun to be in.http://www.smileypad.com/v10/Cache/Sad/No.gif

Fear_Nuclear
02-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Snow.....NOTHING good comes from it :( so I would have to say no...... :confused: But on the other hand when a lot of snow comes you don't have to go to school ;) ;)

luvofallhorses
02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
no, because we get it a lot here and I hate it. I don't hate it that bad because my dogs love it. :)

sandragonfly
02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
mainly because my golden dog loves it!! he could run around..in, under it for 24 hours! yesterday he was running, eating snow at the same time.. :rolleyes: I am so happy when my pets are!

also a snowflake lets you watch it floating down in air into your hand & melts gently... they glitter the streets, calmer, peaceful than raaaiin (which soaks you immediately) and how snow makes the world soo white, sparky!

snow helps me when being somewhat depressed, you get your butt up, shovel, dancing & wiping snow off your car, and roll, laugh with your doggie! :D oh and like recently, you walking-cuddle with good friends outside..we were giggling at how cold we are! smashing each other with snowballs, there's no other weather we can play with.. :(

maybe I'm baised because how I looove cold too but it makes me feel so pretty. :)

Pam
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Jen, I didn't know which to vote for because I do like it when it snows on the weekends. :) When I don't have to go anywhere and my house is stocked with plenty of food I think it is beautiful. The dogs love to play in it and it makes me smile to see them having fun. Of course snow during the week is another story. :rolleyes: I hate shoveling and so does hubby. Fortunately several of the neighbors have snow blowers and one of them usually helps us out. We were planning to get one this year but the season was so warm hubby never got around to it. :rolleyes:

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
I like to look at the snow, I hate the cold wind and ice that come with it though.

Edwina's Secretary
02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I LOVE SNOW!!!!! And Karen has covered the reasons why. I love to walk in the snow all bundled up.....I am so homesick!!!!!

Barbara
02-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I love snow but we had it since November now and I just traded it for the Pacific ocean ( of course I traded with Edwina's secretary ;) )

Randi
02-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I love to walk in a thick layer of snow - preferably in the nature, and I love seeing it falling gently, but once the salt is on and the snow machines are coming, it's not so pretty anymore.

catnapper
02-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I LOVE snow!

~I feel like a kid again, especially when I too get to have a snow day
~Miss Nicki feels like a puppy again and she bounds through the snow
~Everything is so white, clean, peaceful.
~If you take a walk in the snow, you are dumbfounded by the quiet silent world around you
~I like the nip and chill.... sitting in the house watching the snow fall while drinking cup after cup of hot tea.

lisalee
02-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Absolutely LOVE snow!! :D I love everything about it, it's beautiful and it's so peaceful and quiet out. I love to shovel, I love to go out and take a walk in the snow, I don't mind the cold either as long as I dress properly. I love to get all bundled up and be outside in the snow, go shopping or go sit in a coffee shop when it's snowing or even just staying inside all warm and cozy at night, perhaps taking a nice bubble bath when I come inside. It's great! :)

It just makes for a perfect day for me. It just makes me feel so happy. It could stay like this all year round and I would be one happy person. ;)

slleipnir
02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I like it to a degree. If I have to walk in deep snow, then no, I don't like it. I do like watching it snow. I like the look of it, I like watching the dogs play in it. I don't like dusting the car off, or shoveling. Over all, I would be sad to never see it. This has been a good winter, we get a ton, then it melts, then it snows after a week later and melts again! It's been doing this all winter. We haven't had a decent storm yet. I'm suprised.

Buddy Blaze Lover
02-12-2006, 07:16 PM
I didn't vote 'cause I'm in between...I hate snow most of the time, especially if it's just a little bit, but I love snow if there's a lot and we can have snowball fights!:D

Suki Wingy
02-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I love snow! In a few minutes, I will be out to begin shoveling!

I like snow.
I like shoveling.
When it snowss, everything looks clean.
When it snows, a parking lot suddenly looks like a field.
You can make snow angels, snow men in some kinds of snow, build forts, etc.
When it snows, it is easier to see the tracks of wild animals and birds.
Everything is quieter when it snows, except the occasional scrape of plow and shovel.
The trees become black lace against a white background, with snow edging the patterns.
When it is snowing, there is NO POLLEN to worry about!

Skiiers can ski, children can sled ...
Hot chocolate is even batter when you've just come in from shoveling.
If you fall down, the snow cushions you in the way ice never does.

There is a sense of being at the mercy of the weather - suddenly you surrender stressful attempts to control everything around you, because you cannot. Just relax and watch the snow falling.

The world is calmer when it snows.
I agree 100% Nicley put, Karen. :)
I CAN NOT tollerate heat so I love the cold, when there is snow, it is cold. Everyone else goes inside and the world is free for Niņo and I.

rizzy
02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I love the snow, mostly because of its beauty and snowmobiling:D

K9soul
02-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I enjoy it partly because of its beauty, the excitement of the "storm" (I'm a weather fanatic), and because the dogs love it so much.. Here in MN, it's going to be cold no matter what. So it can be frigid day after day with no snow or it can snow and add some beauty to winter, so I prefer it. :)

kimboe
02-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I Love the snow! I like going snowboarding. So the more, the better! :p
Plus, it looks so clean outside and it's just better in the winter.

Vette
02-13-2006, 02:08 AM
I hate snow... and boy do i ever live in the wrong state to being saying that in. :o

i think its pretty and all.. but its too cold for me. :eek:

BC_MoM
02-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Like it? I love it. :D

You can escape the cold, but you can't escape the heat.

Plus, it's easier picking up dog poo in the winter.

ANDDD.. no one is around so Mickey gets offleash more often on our walks.

ramanth
02-13-2006, 08:21 AM
I love snow generally. I love to play in it, go sledding, race Kia, ect.

What I don't care for is driving during a snow storm or in freshly fallen snow. And I don't care for biting wind and wind chills.

anna_66
02-13-2006, 08:25 AM
My answer before would have been..No, I don't like snow. But for some reason this year we haven't had very much and the little bit we have I've really enjoyed. I do wish we would get some more (nothing like what you all are getting in the east though :eek: ).

Karen, I think you've summed up exactly why I DO like the snow now:D

jenluckenbach
02-13-2006, 09:11 AM
I thought of another thing that bothers me about snow.....attempting to walk without killing yourself by slipping. :(

But I will agree with the blissful quiet after (and during) a good snow. :)

catland
02-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I love the snow. We can sometimes go for 2-3 winters in a row without seeing any so its a real treat when we do get snow. (but not ice or freezing rain - that stuff is bad news).

Its like a blanket on nature. Quiet, peaceful, yet fun to play in.

My Joxer kitty loves the snow. He's almost six, and there's only been one good year that he was able to play in it. He would scramble around - making miniature snowballs with his scurring feet - acting like there must be a mouse under there somewhere.

RobiLee
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
I love the snow! I like what Karen had to say about it. Kind of sums it up for me. I keep waiting for a nice snowstorm here but nothing yet:(. We've only had a few light dustings and I mean very light. I don't even think we've been out to sweep off the walks cause it disappears so fast. I hope we get one really nice snowfall before winter ends.

JenBKR
02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I like snow, but usually by March I'm pretty sick of it and ready for spring. We haven't had much this year, so maybe I won't get too sick of it. This is the first winter I've had a garage to park in too (we finally got it cleaned out!) so it's not as bad if you don't have to scrape off your car every morning! Roscoe LOVES snow too, and I'm enjoying our first winter together :D

Logan
02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
I have decided that I HATE being cold, much worse than I hate being hot. I'm so glad we haven't gotten any snow!!! :D

Karen
02-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, but Logan, snow makes things better!

When it snows, you know it's not TOO cold. Yes, there's such a thing as too cold to snow.

When there's snow on the ground, the air is nicer, and more humid.

The wind doesn't cut through you as much because there are snowbanks to hide behind.

The sun is brighter reflecting off that blindingly white snow, so the sunshine feels warmer!

lizbud
02-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Jen, I didn't know which to vote for because I do like it when it snows on the weekends. :) When I don't have to go anywhere and my house is stocked with plenty of food I think it is beautiful. The dogs love to play in it and it makes me smile to see them having fun. Of course snow during the week is another story. :rolleyes:

Same here. :D

K9soul
02-13-2006, 11:44 AM
When it snows, you know it's not TOO cold. Yes, there's such a thing as too cold to snow.

When there's snow on the ground, the air is nicer, and more humid.

Well said. Usually when we get a major snowfall those are some of the warmest/nicest feeling days outside here in MN :D. I have to say I don't like driving in it but with my job being from home I rarely have to. We have a snowblower so driveway cleaning is pretty quick and easy. I guess further south, snowy days are some of the coldest. It's interesting the differences in perception due to where you live and what you are used to :)

Sweet Sixy
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
well, living in upstate NY snow is just a natural thing. I love it! It's so pretty and the horses have so much fun in it! :D