PDA

View Full Version : For gini....I was so tempted....

slick
02-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I went into Petcetera today where my local Humane Society has kitties up for adoption. As soon as I walked in the door, I very sleek and shiny orangie boy ran up to me and started weaving in and out of my legs purring up a storm. I picked him up and it was love at first sight. Gini, he reminded me sooooo much of Rascal...his name is Kismit which is close to Kismat which means "destiny" or Kismet which means "fate". I was talking and playing with him for about 30 min. I just don't know.....

catnapper
02-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Mmmmm..... sounds like fate to me! He sounds so sweet, but only you know if you're ready to give Max a new buddy.

Did you ask Max what he thought? ;)

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Awwww!!! He sounds like a wonderful cat. If both you and Max are ready for another one, then maybe he's meant to be yours. :) Do you know how old he is and if he gets along well with other cats? Usually orangies are the most laid back and goofy cats especially the males. ;)

icedtea
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
i hope you can give this boy a home!! are the cats just running aroudn the shop?? :confused:

Randi
02-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Oh Slick, he sounds like a cutie. :) Go for him - if you're ready! How old do you think he is? Is he featured on any website? Any change you can find out how he will get along with Max before the final decision?

I can't wait to hear what you decide!

jenluckenbach
02-12-2006, 06:02 AM
NO COMMENT ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D I think you know me well enough to know what my comment would be...LOL

slick
02-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Is he featured on any website?
Yes...here http://70.71.0.218/rchs/modules/xgallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=adopt&page=11

He really looks "fluffy" in this picture but he has lost weight. He's been on my mind all night long. Of course, I've always wanted another orangie boy ever since my RB boy OJ.

Jen....LOLOLOLOL..... :D :D Yes, I do know you well enough to know.

jenluckenbach
02-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh, he is simply adorable! :D

Randi
02-12-2006, 07:19 AM
He is a gorgeous boy! I'm sorry to hear he has lost weight, hopefully he'll get his appetite back when he finds his forever home and can feel secure. :)

I've looked at the site, it's just heartbreaking to see how many kitties need a home. :(

ChrisH
02-12-2006, 07:32 AM
Aw, slick, he is totally adorable!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2006, 08:30 AM
I very sleek and shiny orangie boy ran up to me and started weaving in and out of my legs purring up a storm.
You have been chosen.

He's been on my mind all night long.
Would you just go GET him already!!

He's absolutely ADORABLE. :D

ran up to me and started weaving in and out of my legs purring up a storm.Terry says "That's the message! He's the one! ;) :D

smokey the elder
02-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Sounds like Speckles is telling you, "will you GET him already?" ;) :D

kuhio98
02-12-2006, 09:18 AM
He is gorgeous! How wonderful to be chosen like that. I've never felt that instant connection. I envy those that do. Do you suppose Princess Speckles sent him your way? Oh yeah, GO GET HIM!

catmandu
02-12-2006, 10:25 AM
I think that Max may be lonely as he is used to another Cat.
They may hiss at first but I think in the Long Run,it will be better for Max to have a Friend,and it will clear a space for Another Starry to find a Home.
Michael and Miquelito are Plaedaing for You to ADOPT THAT ORANGIE!!
There will be MICE coming!!!
AWA Mice!!!
PLEASE!

jenluckenbach
02-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Allow me to point out the simple fact that if you did not wish us to all try to persuade you to adopt this boy, you would not have posted it here......LOL.....You know I am right, don't you. ;)

:D :D :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Rumor has it that a certain bunny at the RB has taught a certain feline how to tHuMpZ!!!! I'd go get him if it was me!!! ;)

Uabassoon
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Corkscrew says that no home is complete without an orangie.

orangemm
02-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh, he is a gorgeous orangie boy! That leg-weaving thing would have done me in. :D

Did you claim him yet?? ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
There is NO doubt about it, he has chosen his new family: YOU !!!!

Barbara
02-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Allow me to point out the simple fact that if you did not wish us to all try to persuade you to adopt this boy, you would not have posted it here......LOL.....You know I am right, don't you. ;)

:D :D :D :D

I have to agree with Jen- what do you expect us to say?

jazzcat
02-12-2006, 11:45 AM
From one person who had a little orangie (Scout) make and impression so much that she was all I could think about until I got her I would say all that is left is the ink on paper to seal the deal.

He's adorable in the picture and I bet of a great age to be a good companion for Max.

Fingers and paws crossed here!

Karen
02-12-2006, 11:50 AM
http://70.71.0.218/rchs/modules/xgallery/cache/albums/adopt/aqe.jpg

Got my eyes closed and wishing for that Slick-lady to come back and get me ...

RedHedd
02-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Ooh! He's delicious and squish-a-licious! Good thing he's lost a bit of his "fluff." I guess the reason you're not posting is that you're at the Humane Society signing the adoption papers, right? Post pictures as soon as you get him home! :D

Killearn Kitties
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
I guess the reason you're not posting is that you're at the Humane Society signing the adoption papers, right? Post pictures as soon as you get him home! :D

Oooooo, that's what I'm hoping too!! Come on Slick!!! Where is he?

catmandu
02-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Michael and Miquelito are
BEGGING
Dont leave this Poor Orangie
In a Cage
For Another DAY.PLEASE ADOPT HIM!!!!!
PPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momcat
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I firmly believe that our pets choose us. Cats are extremely perceptive when it comes to us humans and this sweetie has obviously chosen you. Get him NOW before someone else scoops him up!

krazyaboutkatz
02-12-2006, 04:47 PM
He's so handsome and I agree that he's already chosen you so just go adopt this big orangie before some one else does. :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
I assume he is HOME and being introduced to Max by now????

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
You know WE will be SO disappointed now that we've seen him, if he doesn't move in with you!!!!!! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
<drums fingers on table, not so patiently waiting.....>

slick
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm not making any decisions until I get back from Cali. I've thought of nothing else today....so much so that I burned the doggie bickies I'm making... :rolleyes: :(

It's been my experience that if something feels right I go for it without questioning. Like my car, my condo, Max and Speckles.....I had absolutely no hesitation about them. I do with Kismit. There's something in my gut that is telling me to hold off. I don't know why, but I'm going to listen to it for now.

If he is still there when I get back from LA, I'll look into it and really try to spend some quality time with him at the shelter. That's all I can promise at this time.

jenluckenbach
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Slick, you know I respect that.....I was just teasing you :p

So, when will you be back from California. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2006, 09:19 PM
As much as I would have liked to have seen that you brought him home, I really think you made the best decision. I forgot you were going to CA, and it wouldn't have been the best thing to bring him home, then you leave for a few days and he and Max are left alone together.

If you remember, we did almost the exact same thing with CJ. I saw him before we went on our Christmas vacation, even called on him on our way out of town. But we said if it's meant to be, he will still be there when we get back, and as is quite obvious, he was still there.

So, if it was meant to be, he will still be there when you get back and then you can see how things go. However, what this all tells me is that you are getting closer and closer to being ready to go back to being a 2 cat household, and that makes me :D . :D

kimlovescats
02-12-2006, 11:21 PM
As much as I would like to chime in and pull for this kitty to be your new baby, I know that only YOU can make the right decision for your current situation! Please know that we all will understand whatever that final decision is! ;)

orangemm
02-13-2006, 04:42 AM
How long will you be gone?

catmandu
02-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I too aplogize for speaking out of turn,and I knwo that you will make the right decision for yourself and Kismet.
Sorry about that,I guess that I got carried away.

slick
02-13-2006, 10:36 AM
How long will you be gone?
I'm attending the So. Cali PT Meeting with Cincy's Mom. Will be away Feb. 23-27. I'll see where destiny takes me when I get back. This is such a hard decision because his personality reminded me so much of Gini's Rascal.

Logan
02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm sending good vibes, Slick. If he's there, when you get back, you know what you need to do! ;)

Logan

momcat
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
When I started out in my current job 24 years ago, the first thing I learned was, "If you get a gut feeling about something, go with it. 99 times out of 100 you're going to be absolutely right." Kismet is a beautiful cat but you're right to hold off if something doesn't feel quite right. I know you'll make the right choice. Keep us posted?

gini
02-18-2006, 03:59 PM
http://70.71.0.218/rchs/modules/xgallery/cache/albums/adopt/aqe.jpg

RASCAL HAS HIS PAW UP ON THE SCREEN 'HOLDING' HIM UNTIL YOU RETURN FROM CALIFORNIA!!

There is nothing like having a Rascal to live with!!! :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm not making any decisions until I get back from Cali. I've thought of nothing else today.....

Weeeellllll........?

lvpets2002
03-08-2006, 04:06 PM
:) :o MMMMMMMMMMM sounds like fate / bonding going on here.. Hey I know you will make the right decision.. Let us know..

RedHedd
03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Weeeellllll........? What she said .... ;) Any news?

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-09-2006, 11:07 AM
I am crossing fingers yoo here..... :)

slick
03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh my gosh, I just now saw that this thread has been resurrected.

Kismit will not be coming home with me. Introductions take time and patience...neither one of which I have right now. I'm thinking that the next time I have a week or two off without going anywhere :rolleyes: I will pursue it again. I really would prefer to be home in the beginning. Call me crazy but that's just the way I am.

I know that Kismit will find a loving home. Who could resist that face and that purrrsonality?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, Slick. Partly because of Kismet, but mostly because that means you're going through a stressful time, and that's never fun. I'm sure you will find the right kitty if and when you're ready. :)