PDA

View Full Version : and the surprises keep coming!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2006, 04:37 PM
The cats and I have been staying in our new house for almost two weeks now. Today we had snow!

I'm still in the process of moving stuff from the old place and had managed to bring a few things over before the snow started.

I peeked out the kitchen window earlier and saw a lump under the car. Not sure if I had dropped something or if something had fallen off the car, I went out and took a gander. Imagine my surprise when the lump looked back at me!!!

A bunny has taken refuge under the car from the snow. I told him he could stay as long as he wanted. That was about 3 hours ago and he is still there. I imagine he will stay until dark when he feels safe to head for his home.

The surprises just keep coming! :D

Almita
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Aww that is so cool! I bet you're having a wonderful day full of surprises.

zippy-kat
02-11-2006, 05:21 PM
*jaw drops*

Wow! Is he wild or someone's pet? How awesome! :)

lizbud
02-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Sounds neat. :D One of the great things about moving from Apt.
to house is a closer feeling to the great outdoors.

slick
02-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh MOFF, that's wonderful and I sure hope the bunny has a home. Then again, may those angels on the roof have put a "Welcome homeless animals" sign above your door. Any chance you could get a picture for us??

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh MOFF, that's wonderful and I sure hope the bunny has a home. Then again, may those angels on the roof have put a "Welcome homeless animals" sign above your door. Any chance you could get a picture for us??
It's dark outside now. He was still there when I last looked at dusk. I couldn't get a picture. I didn't want to scare him out into the snow any sooner than need be. I'm sure he is a wild bunny.

caseysmom
02-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Does he look like a wild bunny? That is how my sister got her bunny, somebody dumped a domesticated bunny near her house.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Does he look like a wild bunny? That is how my sister got her bunny, somebody dumped a domesticated bunny near her house.
Yes, he looked just like a wild bunny. He hopped off during the night. Who knows, maybe he'll be back for a visit if he feels safe here. :D

Karen
02-12-2006, 11:12 AM
He probably will, as bunnies in the wild have established routines and routes they take! Congratulations on your new wild friend!

RedHedd
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Aww! A Snow Bunny! He sounds cute! I know you'll get pics of you can and post them here.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2006, 03:49 PM
My little bunny friend hopped by again last night!!!

He seems to like the grass in my yard. It must be yummy for a bunny or something. :D

Ginger's Mom
02-18-2006, 06:27 PM
That's so neat. Just remember, never start your car without knocking on the hood or something first, you don't want to him to get an unexpected haircut when you start the car (I speak from experience).
Karen, I never knew that bunnies in the wild followed certain established paths. That is pretty interesting.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-19-2006, 03:45 PM
That's so neat. Just remember, never start your car without knocking on the hood or something first, you don't want to him to get an unexpected haircut when you start the car (I speak from experience).
Karen, I never knew that bunnies in the wild followed certain established paths. That is pretty interesting.Thanks for the advice! I would never have thought of him getting into the motor! :eek: