PDA

View Full Version : *URGENT* Prayers for Sassy!

Roxyluvsme13
02-11-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm talking to Alyssa on AIM, and Sassy is peeing blood. Her parents said that if it doesn't stop they will take her to the vet. PLEASE Keep Sassy in your thoughts. :(

Vela
02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
It sounds like she has a urinary tract/bladder infection and it probably won't stop on its own. I have never heard of one spontaneously resolving, although I guess anythign is possible. If she is peeing blood she needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible, it can go up into her kidneys and cause kidney failure, and you don't need me to tell you what that means. My Ginger did that once too, she ended up on antibiotics for 45 days but it finally got better. Some of those are hard to get rid of and they need to have the urine retested after the first round to make sure it's gone, and if not continue on either longer or a different antibiotic, whichever the vet feels is best.

Good luck Sassy! I hope you get better soon.

Roxyluvsme13
02-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Here Alyssa

Alysser
02-11-2006, 02:44 PM
We think it's only a urinary track infection! I am so happy it's not serious blood. Its very little.

Miss Z
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I really hope that it is only a urinary tract infection and not something worse, Sassy seems like such a sweetie. Hang in there, Sassy girl.

Fear_Nuclear
02-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I hope that sassy really gets better. That would really freak me out if that happened to one of my dogs.

elizabethann
02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Sassy, please get well soon.

Love, Fenway

Alysser
02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
She hasn't gone to the bathroom in a while. This IS good. :D

I_luv_rusty
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Get well soon sassy!!!!

luvofallhorses
02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
if she is peeing blood take her to the vet!!!

chocolatepuppy
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
We think it's only a urinary track infection! I am so happy it's not serious blood. Its very little.

Did you take her to the vet? UTIs don't go away by themselves.

CagneyDog
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Have you ever heard that saying?? "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it @ all??? Alyssa is very upset about this!! On aim when I ask her questios she won't tell me answers!! Don't make her even more upset
!!

And the answer to that question is to see if she gets better, and if not they will take her :p

How is saying take her to the vet rude?

I hope she's alright.

luvofallhorses
02-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I am sorry if you think I am being 'rude'..I am not. telling her to take Sassy to the vet is far from rude. I am not going to argue with you any further. I hope she is better soon.

I_luv_rusty
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Sorry luvofallhorses, it just seemed rude because you didn't say I hope she gets better or anything with Why don't you take her to the vet!!

CagneyDog
02-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry luvofallhorses, it just seemed rude because you didn't say I hope she gets better or anything with Why don't you take her to the vet!!

Well by saying that she should go to the vet that kind of implies that she wants her to get better. If she didn't care she wouldnt reply.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
How's Sassy?

Vela
02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Well I certainly wasn't trying to be rude by suggesting she needed to see a vet..if she is peeing blood even once that is cause for concern. Things like this can be very serious and if they really want to wait then that's up to them. I wouldn't wait and see, I'd be at the vet, but that's just me. I also realize it's not up to Alyssa, but her parents, but I still stand by what I said. I certainly wasn't trying to be rude. I DO hope she gets better.

luvofallhorses
02-11-2006, 04:59 PM
you took the words right out of my mouth, Lindsey. I do really hope she gets better soon! and I DO care. :) and i_luv_rusty if you have anything else to say to me, please PM me. this thread is for Sassy not for us to argue. :)

Miss Z
02-11-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm sure luvofallhorses wasn't being rude, she was just pointing out that it could be serious. Even if it is a UTI then taking sassy to the vet would clear it up quicker, and stop it from developing. But, if it does go away by itself, then it'll be OK anyway, so just let it go;) We all hope that Sassy will make a swift recovery:)

Roxyluvsme13
02-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't think it was rude...She was just trying to help Alyssa get Sassy to feel better.

Alysser
02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
My mom gave her medicine. But she hasn't seen a vet yet. My mom won't even call:(Thanks everyone! She is doing alot better. Very little blood and she hasn't peed.

Daisy and Delilah
02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I hope you get better soon Sassy. You're such a cute little doll :)

k9krazee
02-11-2006, 05:23 PM
What kind of medicine did your mom give her? I would seriously take her to the vet, like others said, a UTI will not go away on its own, even IF that is what is wrong with her :( Hope she gets better soon...

Alysser
02-11-2006, 05:47 PM
:D I don't know. But there is no more blood! Is this good?

poofy
02-11-2006, 06:30 PM
get will soon Sassy

caseysmom
02-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I hope sassy is okay, I have no experience with this.

.sarah
02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
:D I don't know. But there is no more blood! Is this good?
The blood is probably still there, but you just can't see it. An infection will not clear up on it's own, and it's best to take her to a vet ASAP. This could turn more serious if it's not treated.

If it's the money that's keeping your mom from taking her, explain that this can and will escalate into a bigger, more costworthy problem if not treated soon.

Alysser
02-11-2006, 09:34 PM
It's not the money. She just won't. I don't know why. But she won't:(

I_luv_rusty
02-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I just remembered this.... (though this child is a human)My mom's friends daugther had this, she was peeing pure blood!! It was a UTI... I think she had to go to the doctor of course to get it treated!So i'm assuming sassy will have to go to the vet... Hope she gets well soon!! I love you sassy!!

Alysser
02-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Sassy is getting. This will at least make her feel better. Thanks for the good thoughts everyone.