PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hungry for brownies?

catnapper
02-11-2006, 01:28 PM
LOL..... I am no cook. I burn everything and make a mess as if a tornado blew through the kitchen. But I had a serious chocolate craving and nobody was home to make me brownies, so I mixed everything up myself.

Ok, to people with the most basic cooking ability, plopping powdered mix and mixing in some oil, water, & eggs is no biggie.... but to me its a mircale everything turned out ok! I even added walnuts! :p Thankfully, this shall never happen again, as I will endeavor to always have choclate on hand for my occasional cravings.

Anyone want some? :D :D

MariaM
02-11-2006, 03:31 PM
I do!! Post the recipe! :o

chocolatepuppy
02-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Anyone want some? :D :D

I do! Now I won't be happy until I have some brownies! ;)

Vela
02-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I do!! Post the recipe! :o

I think the recipe was 1 boxed brownie mix and follow the directions. Oh, and walnuts were added=) But you can buy a box mix with walnutes in it alredy if you want. Those recipes are sometimes the best!

.sarah
02-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I think the recipe was 1 boxed brownie mix and follow the directions. Oh, and walnuts were added=) But you can buy a box mix with walnutes in it alredy if you want. Those recipes are sometimes the best!
Yeah I actually haven't found a good brownie recipe so I always make the brownie mix from the store :p

Congrats on making them! :D

k9krazee
02-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Me, Me!!! I LOVE Brownies :D And congratulations ;) :p

jenluckenbach
02-11-2006, 05:21 PM
me !!!

lizbud
02-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I love brownies. :D Haven't had brownies in ages. :)

.sarah
02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Guess what I'm gonna go do? Yep, make brownies! :D

catnapper
02-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack the thread! Go back to the brownie discussion.
You didn't hijack my thread..... someone else did, and I too was confused by that one

luvofallhorses
02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I want some! :D

slleipnir
02-12-2006, 06:22 PM
I decided I wasn't going to look at this thread, because it would make me crave them...however, I started to crave them just reading the title :( I want some, but I'm not cook

Vela
02-13-2006, 06:14 AM
I decided I wasn't going to look at this thread, because it would make me crave them...however, I started to crave them just reading the title :( I want some, but I'm not cook

That's why you get the box from the store! Really easy to make, like three ingredients to add. The boxed ones usually come out better than homemade anyway, most of the time. You should try it=)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-13-2006, 01:01 PM

No "ready-mixes" available here :( !! So, what's the recipe, please?

caseysmom
02-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I have never made them from scratch ....we could google some recipes, basically brownies are a dense moist chocolate cake.

Vela
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
No "ready-mixes" available here :( !! So, what's the recipe, please?

Wow really? Well I will try to find you a good recipe and post it for you=)

Lady's Human
02-13-2006, 02:55 PM
There's a recipe from Fanny Farmer that is called "The Best Brownies". They are excellent and fairly simple, when I get home I'll post the recipe.

Husky_mom
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
i had a recipe for microwave brownies!!! i´m not too of a cook so i thought giving it a shot and they were a great hit, simple, fast and tasty, oven ones are better but this ones will do....... i´ll try find the recipe and post it here ;)

Vela
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Courtesy of Food Network, they have some of the best recipes! This one was rated 5 stars by all who tried it.

Brownies:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
10 ounces finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
2 ounces finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), plus for buttering the paper
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Glaze:
6 ounces finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream

Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 by 9 by 2-inch-baking pan with parchment or wax paper, so that the edges of the paper come up the sides. Lightly butter the paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Combine the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates and the butter in a heatproof medium bowl. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat. Set the bowl on the pan, over the heated water, to melt the chocolate gently. Whisk until smooth.

In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until evenly blended. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Take care not to over mix the batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out coated with a fudge-y crumb, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool the brownies in the pan on a rack.

To make the glaze, put the semi-sweet chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, boil the heavy cream, and pour it over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. Spread the glaze evenly over the brownies and let set at room temperature.

Lift the edges of the paper to take the brownies out of the pan. Cut the brownies into 24 squares. Serve.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow, thanks Vela!!!
Phew, that sounds like a "very rich" thing!! Billions of calories :eek: ;)

sandragonfly
02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
ooh lady's human, were those ones you made for us last time?

I just got mint browines.. one with saying "add insanity"...I can't wait! :D mhmm, I should invent a-minute brownies. save your sanity. :p

Lady's Human
02-13-2006, 05:09 PM
This is the recipe I used Gina, It's fanny farmer with some edits.

Ingredients:

6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
4 eggs
2 1/2-3 TBSP vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups walnuts (optional), and or marshmallows (also optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F

Butter and flour a 9x 13 baking pan

In a heavy bottomed pan melt the butter and chocolate. (I cheat and use the microwave, same results, less time. start it a 5 min @ 50% power) When melted, set to the side and let cool.

In a mixing bowl put the eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar and beat well for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture, then add the flour, stirring only until blended, and add the walnuts. Spread evenly in the pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, cut and enjoy!