PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV question

catnapper
02-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Here's probably the stupidest question I'll ever ask:
There was a TV show hubby wanted to show his students so we saved it using the satellite TV DVR thingie. Now, how does he get it to something he can take to school? As far as we understand, its only saved to our tv and we can't even see that show on any other tv in the house. Does that make sense?

The only way we were thinking is perhaps playing the tv show and recording it as it plays with a VCR tape.... there surely must be a better way than that, yes? no? HELP!

moosmom
02-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Well, you CAN call the cable company and ask for a copy of it. Sometimes they sell them for about $30.

Good luck!

Grace
02-11-2006, 09:20 AM
As far as we understand, its only saved to our tv and we can't even see that show on any other tv in the house. Does that make sense?

Absolutely. It's on the hard drive of the DVR box. We have one of those, also, from our cable company. Sorry - I don't know anymore about it than you do. I'm sure there must be a way to record it on a DVD.

Lady's Human
02-11-2006, 10:38 AM
If you brought the DVR box to school, you could show it, but that would be more cumbersome than playing the DVR through a VCR to get a recording.