PDA

View Full Version : another found cat property!! new hotel!

icedtea
02-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I just found out that my Mums friend who lives in the countryside has heaps of ats! its kind of a sad story, but people dump unwanted cats there, and the kitties find their way to the peoples house and they feed them. some of them live inside, some of them are outside kitties, and there are some living at a shed. they are all well looked after and they do et fed and everything. most cats in new zealand live indoors/outdoors, and most of these ones do. i migth go there in a few weeks so i can see all the cats. its like a found cat farm!!

kimlovescats
02-11-2006, 09:23 AM
It's very sad that so many kitties get dumped out in rural areas. People seem to think that going out in the country, they can get away with it! :( I'm glad that this lady is kind enough to feed them, but they REALLY need to be spayed and neutered before they start creating more homeless babies! :(

Catty1
02-11-2006, 09:26 AM
I wonder if there is a project you could start at school or in your neighbourhood - do some sort of fundraising to help spay and neuter the cats there!

That's if their "mum" agrees!

A story in the local paper, and a friendly vet (who would give a good price) would be a good idea. Maybe put on an educational play about pets and their care, but make it funny?

Just a thought - I bet many animal lovers would help out.

hugs
Catty1

moosmom
02-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Kim said it best. They need to be spayed and FAST!!! A call to the local newspaper AND tv station, I'm sure, will definitely get some kind of action.

It's sad when people think that a cat would be better off on a farm and someone else's "problem", than not honoring their responsiblity as a pet owner. That woman is a saint to help these poor babies out.

I'll pray for both that saintly woman AND all those precious little kits she's been caring for.

icedtea
02-11-2006, 05:11 PM
that is a really good idea. ill talk to my Mum and her friend about it and see what they think. there are probably more than 20 cats at the property, the ones that are definite pets are spayed and neutered. They ahe had to take some to the spca before, as there have been just so many. it would be a fantastic idea to raise money. ill get onto that. thank you ppl!

catmandu
02-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Those People would being doing the same Good Work as Dear Friends of My Mothers,The Kelly who despite being in thier early 80s take care of 40 Cats,in the House and in 6 Houses outside.
I like that,the Found Cat Farm.
And many Thanks to Those Kind People,for caring.

icedtea
02-11-2006, 05:36 PM
What sort of thing could i do for the fundraiser??

Catty1
02-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Talk about it with some friends and a teacher, maybe. A bake sale? A garage sale is a really good idea.

Anyone else here have an idea?

G535
02-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Garage type sale is probably the best idea, it's really amazing the stuff (junk) that some people will buy.

Raffle tickets used to be a good way to make some cash but I don't know if it's still popular.