PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Emory

catnapper
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Who is Emory? Well, I've been so darned busy this week that I haven't had the time to post about this sweet organie boy. He's recovering from what we thought was merely an URI and ringworm in my spare bedroom. He's a fat round orange and white boy who has an instant motor and wants to give everyone headbumppies. He makes Harry look postively tiny.

I took Emory to the vet today for a recheck now that his meds are done. I don't like the report I got back, and I'm sure his future family won't either.... yes, he's already adopted (which is the only way this striped boy came here! ;) ) but he's here trying to get healthy enough to go home. Anyhoooo..... he had an Xray because the vet thinks he might have pnemonia - or it could be allergies. In the process, she saw a lot of fat deposited around the heart. :( She says he's so fat that she can't really tell ANYTHING because the fat is covering what they need to see on the Xrays. He's "home" now with pescription diet food and doctor's orders to loose 3 pounds ASAP. Then we go back for another recheck to see if the weightloss helps his heart... and gives him time to get healthier if it is indeed pnemonia. In the mean time I have to watch him closely and listen for certain breathing rhythms, etc (which is soooo easy considering I'm never home anymore and he's isolated from everyone else :o )

In the meantime, he wants OUT of his isolation room and is so very sweet with my guys. He met Harry and half a second later was giving Harry a head bumpie! :eek: Whats worse is Pouncer has not hissed once, and they gave each other nose kissses! :eek:

Here's the sweet boy himself -- the hardest cat ever to photograph because hes always moving, purring, headbumpy-ing, making happy feet, etc.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Emory.jpg

and here's the average scene outside the door when I leave the room after spending time with Emory :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/GroupGreeting.jpg
(can ya see where Flutter is hiding?)

So, please pray for this sweet boy to get healthy, lose weight and go home! He's way too sweet to stay here forever, though nobody here would ever complain about this boy! I'd GLADLY take him on as #6! Thank goodness he is adopted! :D

catmandu
02-10-2006, 06:07 PM
One of my Favorite Character Actors was Emory Parnell, a larger Fellow who skillfully played Judges and Politicians.
Emory is a Big Ingatiating Fellow,too and he looks like he is campaigning very hard to be Cat Number 6.
Bless You for giving that Gentle Giant a Second Chance.

kimlovescats
02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
What a sweet boy! I sure hope that losing the weight is all he needs to be healthy again!

Catty1
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Gee....what a lovely lovely boy. I hope that he can mingle with your kitties at some point - some playtimes would definitely help him shape up!

He looks really healthy, and with some weight loss, should be just fine!

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2006, 12:34 AM
He sure is a handsome orangie. Hopefully his new food will allow him to lose the weight that he needs so he'll be healthy again and will be able to go home to his new family. :)

Do you know how much he weighs and how old is he?

orangemm
02-11-2006, 05:14 AM
He looks like he is in perfect bliss! Oh, Emory, what a sweet boy you are!!

jenluckenbach
02-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Prayers for Emory. And prayers that his new family will not hold this against him (that he is sick). He deserves so much love.

K & L
02-11-2006, 05:34 AM
These are the kind Kevin & I just love to take in and love. Best wishes Emory!

CultureJunky
02-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Get well soon emory and I hope you recover to be the fittest healthiest cat on the block :)

smokey the elder
02-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Maybe you can work with the family and the vet to have the family "foster" him while he is on his diet. It might be easier to comply if he's the only cat. Your org. would provide the vet care, etc. We do this in our cat rescue when someone is willing to take on a special needs "project".

catnapper
02-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Mom wants to do that, but she is going on vacation next week for 2 weeks. She has several animals -- cats, dogs, birds, small furries, 3 young kids ;). She's a total animal lover and will be volunteering in our adoption center. We'd totally let her take Em if it wasn't for her upcoming vacation.

lisalee
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Sending many prayers for precious Emory, he's just beautiful and I hope he regains his health soon and goes to live in his forever home.

momcat
02-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Of course prayers will be prayed for handsome Emory's full recovery. He looks like such an irresistable, squishable sweetheart! Sending feel better scritchies and smoochies to sweet Emory!