PDA

View Full Version : I am SO excited..

luvofallhorses
02-10-2006, 04:19 PM
pointless post I know..:o but I have to share my excitement with someone.
As some of you know I did volunteer for the humane society that was 30 mins away..school got in the way, so I had to quit..I asked my parents if they'd let me go there one of these days and they never took me.
anyways...they did have a shelter here that was a kill shelter and it was so bad that a local foster group shut it down. they built a new one just recently (no-kill ) and it just opened this past Tuesday. My mom was nice enough to go get me a volunteer application and I filled it out and turned it back in today. :) The lady who I spoke to said I could volunteer right away..:D I think I am going to start tomorrow. :) I checked the positions what I want to do and kennel assistant (socialize, feed, clean the cages, etc..) and then just play with the dogs and spend time with them one on one. :) also, when they get cats & kittens I can go play with them, too.:) she also said I could come and spend time with the dogs anytime..:D I am just sooo excited and thought I'd share. :) I have also volunteered at spay and neuter clinics and I can't wait to volunteer here, I have done it before and I love it SO much!! :D

i hope all of that made sense :o

Karen
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Sounds great! Congratulations!

Queen of Poop
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Wonderful, congratulations to you!! What a wonderful way to spend your time. If you remember, give those sweet animals a kiss from me!!

chocolatepuppy
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Of course it makes sense! I'm so glad they want you to help Krista! You are gonna be great at helping out with the dogs and cats! :D

lizbud
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
That was really nice of your Mom to get the application for you. :)

Congratulations. :)

luvofallhorses
02-10-2006, 05:29 PM
thank you everyone. :)

lizbud,

my mom is awesome. :D she even put in good words for me to the lady (I didn't tell her to, she just did it because she knows what I'd love to be doing..:) which is what I am going to be doing..:D) I just can't wait! :)

Queen of poop,

of course I will give them a kiss for you. :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-10-2006, 08:35 PM
That's awesome news Krista! Congrats! We all know how passionate you are about helping animals and it's thrilling to hear that you're getting to do something to contribute to that passion. You go girl!! :D You'll do such a great job! :D

Ginger's Mom
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Congratulations Krista. I know that you will be great at the dogs, and the dogs will all be a little better off for having been cared for (in part) by you. :)

Toby's my baby
02-10-2006, 09:24 PM
That sounds so exciting! That is so great that so many of you take your time to volunteer. . .. I hope I can a little this summer, school is SO hecktick right now. .. :o

poofy
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
That is so wonderful youll see so many wonderful animals, congrats :)

pnance
02-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Congrats it sounds like a lot of fun.

petslover
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh Krista that is wonderful news. That was very nice of your mom. Good luck with everything! I know you will love your job!

buttercup132
02-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Congrads I myself will be doing the same as you I asked about 5 shelters one got back to me and told me to come in and poick up a voulenteer form and that they look forward to seeing me!! Im so syked:D

Alysser
02-11-2006, 06:40 AM
That's sounds sooooo much fun! I'm sure you'll enjoy that! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :D

Miss Z
02-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Congratulations!!!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy working there, please let us know how you get on:) When i am 15, i can volunteer at my local RSPCA centre, and i am excited about it even though it is about a year away, so i bet you're totally ecstatic!!!!! Congratulations once again:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-11-2006, 07:20 AM
That is GREAT news, Krista!! Wow, I am jalous... ;)
It is perfect for you, I know you were waiting for a job like this!! Please hug all the pets for me too ;)

moosmom
02-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Krista,

That is wonderful news! You are going to love it!

You will also be tempted to take every single one of them home. Again, it's normal. DON'T ;) Just give them all the love and companionship you can. It'll give you both something to look forward to. And it truly helps their morale (yes, animals have morales) and yours.

Enjoy the experience!!

luvofallhorses
02-11-2006, 04:20 PM
today went great! there was this border collie mix
named Cooper and he got adopted..I walked him; what
a complete sweetie he was!! there was a gsd, but I didn't
walk him, because the lady that runs the place said he
is pretty strong when she walked him. he was barking
at me, she said he was sweet. he was a great looking
dog!! I can't remember his
name, though. then there was Jori, she was a black lab mix and so
sweet and full of curiousity. then there was Sienna a black
lab/hound mix..omg! I fell in love with her! She got loose
from me, but thank God I caught her. She is full of energy.
then there was this pit bull in the front, I can't remember her
name..but she was so pretty! She isn't good with other
dogs, so she is in a crate sleeping in the 'office' type thingy.
tomorrow and Monday they are closed, so I will be going
there Tuesday-Saturday 1-4 each day. They are building
a fence so the dogs can just go out there and run off-leash.
these dogs sure will make good pets!! the lady even
said she loves hounds! pretty much like I do..:) pretty great for the first
day!
:D

chocolatepuppy
02-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm glad you had a good first day Krista! I bet the pups just love you! :D

Fear_Nuclear
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM
sounds like the best job ever:)