PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits and hormones

Heather Wallace
04-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Unfortunately Cadbury and Twinkle have started to fight a little now. They are brothers aged 5 1/2 months old now. Cadbury chased Twinkle and some fur went flying etc. Luckily I have a spare hutch, so for the time being they have been split. When they are 6 months old I can have them neutered, aferwhich they can be together again.

Today i put them in the garden in their run and they where fine, it's just when they are in the hutch thet fight, must be a territory thing.:( :(

tazz1227
04-16-2002, 06:32 AM
Heather, my girls had a fight too. Unfortunately I wasn't home but when I got home there was fur all in my bedroom. :( I know they probably faught over food. Girl Girl keeps getting under Boy Boy's neck and taking her food. I told her to stop that Boy Boy was gonna get her and and I guess she did because she doesn't do it anymore. :)

Heather Wallace
04-16-2002, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear they don't fight anymore, are your rabbits fixed?

Before Dusty was rehomed she used to attack poor Ebony so I had to split them, soon after Dusty found a new home.

tazz1227
04-16-2002, 09:36 AM
Yes they are fixed. They got fixed when I thought I had a boy and a girl and didn't want little ones. hee hee

Daisylover
04-16-2002, 10:06 AM
I would agree that it's a territorial problem that they are working out. Especially since when you put them in a "neutral" territory (the back yard) they got along fine. Neutering should help this problem. ;)