PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ebony?

Jadapit
02-10-2006, 11:01 AM
For the most part Ebony listens to me really well but she has picked up the habit when she gets something she is not supposed to have she looks at me with a sparkle in her eye (her eyes really do sparkle) ;) she then takes off running with whatever it is she might have. She wants me to chase her. How do I go about making her come to me without chasing her all over the house?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you all might have.

pnance
02-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I confess I'm not an expert so others may have a better response, but when Hunter does that I usually stand where I am and call him in the "your in deep trouble tone" and believe it or not point to the spot in front of me. He'll pause for a second then drop whatever he's got and come and sit in front of me. I chased him when he was a puppy and ended up exhausted and with a very happy puppy which was great for him ;) but didn't exactly work for me. :eek:

lv4dogs
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Keep something interesting to her on you at all times since you never know when this will happen. A toy, a treat in your pocket, something that she likes. Then bribe her. lol You have something better then her & she will want it. lol

Tell her once to drop the item, the second time you tell her show her what you have. Try your hardest not to say the command drop more than two times then she will catch on that she doesn't have to drop the item until the 10th time you say it. You'll pretty much be back to square one. lol

In the meantime set aside a few minutes each day working on the drop command. Practice with one of her toys. And remember to always praise.

Pretty soon you'll say drop it once & she will drop what ever she has even if you have nthing to offer her. But remember training never stops, even after she learns the command really well always remember to praise her when ever possible, even if it's just a simple pat on the head.

Daisy and Delilah
02-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry but I can't stop smiling at how cute she must be as she's running away. Maybe she just wants Mom to play with her. ;) :D ;)