PDA

View Full Version : Spring Season

auggie
02-10-2006, 06:06 AM
When does Spring start in your area and how long does it last?
Here in Texas it usually doesn’t last long.
The temperatures go from cold to hot in no time.

.sarah
02-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Spring? What's that? We go straight from Winter to Summer here. And Winter is scattered throughout the months that are supposed to be cold. It's been cold the past couple of days here but right before that I was sweating outside. I hate Florida :rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-10-2006, 06:31 AM
It depends. Usually it starts a bit in February. It lasts untill June.
We have plenty of crocus in our garden now :)

zippy-kat
02-10-2006, 07:50 AM
When does Spring start in your area and how long does it last?

Ditto from your "neighbor" (New Mexico). ;)

jazzcat
02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Spring usually starts in March and then it's warm like summer by mid to late May. Around here we really get all 4 seasons well but our winters have been very mild lately. We finally had our first snow yesterday which was all gone by the end of the day and now they are calling for an inch or two more tonight and tomorrow. That will probably be it for the year. When I was younger we would have at least 6-10 snow falls each winter.

Anita Cholaine
02-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Here in Argentina spring beggins in september, and finishes on december, but it usually starts being warmer in august, and it is already hot in november.... We don't have a cold snowy winter like most of you, so the difference bitween winter and spring is not that big sometimes....

JenBKR
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Spring usually starts late March here, and lasts until late May to early June. I love spring! Ususlly by then I'm pretty sick of snow - although we haven't had much snow this winter (at least not yet!)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Judging by the lovely blue sky and sunshine outside - it starts now!

Cookiebaker
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Here in New England, it is usually mid April - June. I CAN'T WAIT!

kuhio98
02-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, here in Anchorage, Alaska, Spring usually begins towards the end of May. Memorial Day weekend is usually spectacular. By then, it's still a little nippy at night but things are beginning to sprout and green up. But, our weather has been changing, so it may even be earlier this year. (We, can only hope). :D

Karen
02-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Yup - sometime in April or May, maybe, depending on the year, though we had some March-like weather in January, we're due for a foot of snow this weekend - this being New England, spring is a rare, gorgeous, (sniffly, miserable) fleeting moment - some years it seems to last for a week before we get the hot muggies, and some years the weather just shifts between winter/spring/summer every dayfor a few weeks, before settling on summer!

G.P.girl
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Since seattle only has one season... Spring starts fo rme, when spring sports (aka Track & Field) starts. which is feb., 27 this year ! :)

ParNone
02-10-2006, 11:04 AM
auggie writes:

Guess it depends on what part of Texas you're from. Down here in the Southeast, we've had springlike conditions most of the winter. Great for now, Bad for later, cuz we're gonna have bugs galore come summer, with no freezing temps to zap'em out.

Par...

Barbara
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Spring starts end March here- but I simply can't wait anymore. We had snow since November (usually from January but this year it started early because Edwina's Secretary came beginning December and she ordered it ;)) and I would need at least one extra spring day (that can happen as early as February). It lasts until June. Sometimes until September as we do not always have hot summers ;)

We are right now in another snow storm (Auggie, it's not in the area you are from but in South East Germany) and I felt this morning close to needing chains to get to our neighboring village :(

I want Spring !!!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Officially, it's the 25th of March until somewhere near the end of May, but all it's wonderfully dry and sunny all week and my snowdrops are up, although we probably won't have crocus for a couple of weeks. It's been a dry winter and not particularly cold. I hope it keeps up!

Glacier
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Hmmm, here in Anchorage, Alaska, Spring usually begins towards the end of May. :D

Same here, except unlike the rest of you, spring could stay away for a much longer time as far as I am concerned! It's my least favorite time of year.

Husky_mom
02-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Spring? What's that? We go straight from Winter to Summer here.....

ha ha we have the same around here, we havent had that much cold even though we get pretty cold temps but not this year, so we miught as well get a lot of bugs too!! :eek:
officially it would start the 21st of March and end in 21st of june but it usually goes from winter to summer and the winter again, we dont get much fall either, well, maybe two days of fall.......LOL then winter

lvpets2002
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
:o Tell me about it & I wish Spring was all year long = speaking from another Texan..

slleipnir
02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Let's see...we have winter. Then we have rain. Then we have 1 month of hot. More rain, then winter.

So basically, if it's not raining, it's snowing. ;)

Ok, so it's not THAT bad. Our spring isn't really a short time, but it's not that long either.

auggie
02-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Par, yes we had an extremely mild winter but it’s not the same as spring.
I was thinking more in the lines of green grass and spring flowers. LOL!

Lut and Killearn Kitties, aww - snowdrops and crocus – the first sign of spring.
How about some pictures?

Barbara, I'm homesick! What has the weather been like in April?

The pink flowers are Almond tree blossoms and bloom in spring back home.

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry that I am just seeing your post now asking for photos. I have a couple of snowdrop pictures for you.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p9de6c042b8d9f0d6a9702d9925554a54/efe58877.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pd27271c78843f3dc4c6eb5abc71c61d0/efe58876.jpg

I don't have any crocus pictures, I'm sorry. My neighbour has some lovely yellow crocuses out just now, but I would have felt a bit conspicuous taking pictures of them! My helleborous are really late this year. Usually they are out by the end of January, but we have had drier, colder weather than usual and the ground has been frozen up to now. Here is a picture of them from last year and you can see that the ground is icy.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/pa1384d606fa994ae3073fa99ae9c138f/f79940fc.jpg

Loved your almond blossom picture! It is great when the blossom comes out on the trees. Roll on spring!