PDA

View Full Version : A Saint Bernard!!!!

dab_20
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
There is a Saint Bernard at the humane society!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My mom has alwaysssssss wanted one and just today her boyfriend was looking for a breeder!!! Of course we could never bring it home, Molli is scared to death of big dogs... but I bet Al (my mom's bf) is thinking about it. My mom doesn't want to see it because she'll get attached and want to bring it home. Al keeps telling my mom she knows she wants it. LOL... but even though I want it too, I keep reminding them that Molli and Sam come first. And we coulden't afford to bring this cuddly giant home. :( But I want it SOOOO bad!!!

luvofallhorses
02-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I hope he/she gets a good home!! :)

Alysser
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I hope Al decides to keep her:)

dab_20
02-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok so if I say yes at getting this dog... Al will get him/her. But I am TORN.... Al will bring the dog over almost every day.... and Molli is so frightened of big dogs. I don't know what to do.... Molli is my sweet little girl... and I want to do what's best for HER. Should we bring Molli to meet the dog and see how it goes? :confused:

BC_MoM
02-09-2006, 08:19 PM
I know how you feel - but I bet if you give Molli time and a chance, she'll get over her fear of big dogs.. especially if this giant is a friendly, sweet guy and not too rambunctious for her! :)

Karen
02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
If he does get the dog, bring Molly somewhere neutral to meet the giant, don;t just have it invade her home, her safe place. If done carefully, she can grow to understand that not all big dogs are evil.

IRescue452
02-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Slowly socialize her so that she's comfortable around big dogs. It will be good for her to be more socialized.