PDA

View Full Version : Forget Boiling Eggs!

RICHARD
02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
This guy is going to eat STEAK!!!!

--------------------------------------

Stradivarius found above chicken coop

An elderly Hungarian is set to become a millionaire after finding a priceless Stradivarius violin hidden above his chicken coop.

Imre Horvath, 68, makes a living from the poultry and egss he sells from his home on a smallholding, near Debrecen.

He believes the violin was hidden in the roof space by his musician father, Zoltan, before he went off to fight in the war.

Zoltan was killed in the war and never had a chance to tell his family where the instrument was hidden, reports Debreceni Napelo.

He built the house in the 1920s and lived there with his family until he was called up to fight, and never returned.

Imre said he had no use for the instrument, and had taken it to an expert in Debrecen to have it valued because it looked like it was particularly good quality.

He said: "They were very excited - but sent me to the capital to have their findings checked, and they confirmed the violin was made by the famous 17th century Italian instrument maker Antonio Stradivari.

"I was delighted but then terrified because I have nowhere I can keep the violin in my little house, I just want to sell it as soon as possible and put the money in the bank. Then I can relax."

Only about 650 genuine Stradivarius violins are believed to exist today and one recently sold in the US for more than £1million.
:eek:

---------------------------------------

Or you can have CHICKEN!

Couple celebrate with 50-year-old tinned chicken

A Manchester couple celebrated 50 years of marriage by eating a tin of chicken they were given on their wedding day.

Les and Beryl Lailey had kept the can, part of a wedding gift hamper, as a memento of their big day in 1956, says the Mirror.

Les vowed not to eat it until their golden wedding anniversary, so whenever they moved home the Buxted chicken went with them.

And when they finally reached the milestone grandad Les, 73, opened the tin - and found the chicken was good as new.

He said: "I had it with some potatoes and veg and it went down a treat. I knew it would be fine. I've not felt funny at all."

Prof Eunice Taylor, a Salford University food safety expert, said: "It can last indefinitely if it has been sealed properly."

:confused: :eek:

lizbud
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
He said: "I had it with some potatoes and veg and it went down a treat. I knew it would be fine. I've not felt funny at all"

Sounds like famous last words to me. :)

gini
02-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Aren't human beings wonderful? We do the darndest things.