PDA

View Full Version : Like mother, like son...

Glacier
02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Sundin ran lead beside his mom today. They were a great match. He's a bit taller, but their gaits are the same; they hold their ears the same way; carry their tails in the same position!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/lakesunding.jpg
Running across the lake on our way home. Team is Pingo-Sundin, Pacer-Ozzy, Franklin-Antare.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/momson.jpg
Neither of them really wanted their pictures taken after their run! They just wanted their snacks and water!

anna_66
02-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Wooo Hooo! Look that that!

Glad to see he's finally where he should be:D

*sled_dog*
02-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Yay! It sure does sound like they match up really well! :) ;)
Bet he is having fun too!!!

lizbud
02-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Both dogs seem to have smaller, more delicate bone structure than
the other Huskie dogs. They look great together in the lead.

RobiLee
02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh, I just love it! Congrats to Sundin!

Glacier
02-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Both dogs seem to have smaller, more delicate bone structure than
the other Huskie dogs.

I think that's the border collie in them. Pingo has a great herding instinct. Mountain bikers don't like it so much--they are her favorite thing to herd in the summer!

poofy
02-10-2006, 12:57 AM
That is so great, love the pictures :)

ramanth
02-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Great pics!

I love Pingo's Gremlin/Airplane ears. :D ;)

Vela
02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
They sure look great as a team! WTG Pingo, show him the stuff. That's probably such a great feeling for you, to see them together like that.

cyber-sibes
02-10-2006, 09:29 AM
That's wonderful, Sundin's gonna be a great sleddog! Do he & his mom interact differently than they do with other dogs, do they seem especially close? Does she act motherly towards him? (sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never had dogs that were related, just wondered?)

lv4dogs
02-10-2006, 10:42 AM
WooHoo Sundin boy is lead boy! That is just great. I'm so glad for you that he's finally turning around. I knew once he got a wiff of the real life there he'd be your buddy in no time.

Greta pics, here & in your other thread. Have a great time on your ski trip! :D

gemini9961
02-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I think he likes it. :D Glad to see him up there next to his Mom.

Anita Cholaine
02-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Wohooo! :D That's a great team! Both mother and son are really cute.....

Glacier
02-10-2006, 12:27 PM
That's wonderful, Sundin's gonna be a great sleddog! Do he & his mom interact differently than they do with other dogs, do they seem especially close? Does she act motherly towards him? (sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never had dogs that were related, just wondered?)

I don't think dogs care about family relationships plus they didn't see each other for 3 years so they would have forgotten. I don't think they have a clue that they are related. Pingo is a bit of a flirt with male dogs...she doesn't seem to realize she's spayed. She flirts with him through the fence!

I have several dogs who are related. Mac and Ozzy act like human brothers. They can be nasty to each other, but they don't like if another dog picks on their brother. Delta and Antare are littermates too. They are very bonded. Muskwa is Earle's sire. He's very protective of Earle. No one gets to pick on Earle or they have to deal with Muskwa. They've also never been apart for more than a few hours since Earle was 7 weeks old.

new mom to a veiled
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I think that's the border collie in them. Pingo has a great herding instinct. Mountain bikers don't like it so much--they are her favorite thing to herd in the summer!

ROFL........I'd love to see that........
As usual the pics are fantastic, thanks for sharing them!!!