PDA

View Full Version : Lilly has become my work "mascot"

Logan
02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I will have to get a picture of her in the backseat of my company car. These days, I think Lilly is extremely lonely, with Murphy being gone. At times, if I am in the home office, I will hear her literally moaning and crying. I don't remember her ever doing that when Murphy was in there with her. Honey and Zipper choose to spend their days outside and she hates to be outside, so she is truly all alone. And I, myself, miss Murphy more than I could ever imagine. :( I think that having Lilly with me a lot of the time is therapeutic for both of us.

Well, when I got my company car in November, we discovered that it is a perfect vehicle for her to get in and out of. It's a Ford Taurus. I don't have to lift her (she doesn't jump with those bad hips......never has). She is able to climb up into the backseat by herself and it is much easier for her to get out of as well.

So these days, Lilly is Business Carolina's "mascot" as she rides with me just about anywhere and is content to sit in the car with her nose stuck out of the open window and wait for me when I have to go to my appointments. Obviously, when the weather is warmer, she won't be able to go along as much. But, in the meantime, she has mastered elevators (I sneak her up to my office, periodically) and she is relaxed when she is in my office and sleeps.

Of course, I don't think I could explain away the dog hair on the seat, but I'm thinking of getting a cover for it, so I won't feel guilty about that anymore! LOL!!!

Today, Lilly went to an assisted living facility where I needed to be. The people thought she was wonderful!! Glad she can brighten the days for others, and for me, too!

Logan

Ginger's Mom
02-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Ah, a working girl. :) Good job Lilly! I am sure all of the customers are just as happy to see you coming as they are your Mom. :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
What a good mascot you are too Lilly. We can imagine how sad you and Mom are over the loss of Murphy. It sounds like the best therapy for both of you for sure to try to get through this difficult time. It's never easy. In fact, I don't know of anything else that's harder.
(((((HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU)))))

anna_66
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Logan,
I'm so glad to hear that you and Lilly have each other right now. Seems like it was all meant to be like this so neither of you could get too lonely.

How wonderful that she was able to go to the assisted living facility. I'm sure it made everyones day!

Lots of hugs to both you and your sweet Lilly.

lizbud
02-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Logan,

It's sad to know how much a dog can miss a furry companion as much
as we do. Great idea for having her be your Business buddy. :) Sounds
like it works out good for both of you. :D

RobiLee
02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
{{BIG HUGS FOR YOU, LOGAN}}

I'm glad that you and Lilly are helping each other through such a sad time. Its great that you are able to take her with you like that.