PDA

View Full Version : Happy earthquake day!!

RICHARD
02-09-2006, 01:08 PM
On Feb 9 1971 at 6 in the morning, god put his finger down in the San Fernando Valley!

http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyclopedia/s/sy/sylmar_earthquake.html

Not anything I want to remember with any affection, but a part of life here in the Big Orange!!! :eek:

Husky_mom
02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
i thought this was like a joke thing and was gonna suggest to "shake" a buddy, but since its serious i won´t, although it reminded mw of a poster m sister had "365 reasons to party everyday" soo funny

davidpizzica
02-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I remember that, RICHARD. My aunt and uncle used to live there and their house was damaged. It was 35 years ago.

cmayer31
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Although I wasn't alive for the Sylmar quake, this post instantly reminded me of the two that I did experiance while living near San Fernando. 3 major eathquakes hit CA in a 25 year period, so Happy eathquake day to the one that started the trend.

RICHARD
02-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Although I wasn't alive for the Sylmar quake, this post instantly reminded me of the two that I did experiance while living near San Fernando. 3 major eathquakes hit CA in a 25 year period, so Happy eathquake day to the one that started the trend.

Happy EQ day to you....
Nothig like getting tossed out of a deep sleep, onto the floor, eh? :eek:

In what area did you live?

I live south of San Fer....

cmayer31
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Currently I reside in lovely San Diego where we get the smallest of earthquakes because we're on the fringe of some big remote desert quakes. One day we'll have a wonderful ocean view on both sides once the Pacific plate and North American plate finally decide to separate.

However, I grew up in Canoga Park and then moved to Simi Valley in 1990. The Loma Prieta quake caused some ground shaking when I was in Canoga, and then the Northridge quake really got us going in Simi. Quite an adventure seeing as our house and street moved a couple inches from the rest of the neighborhood.

Everytime it shakes out here in San Diego because of a desert fault everyone gets all riled up. I just have to show them some pictures that we took after the '94 quake and then they realize that they haven't experianced anything yet.