PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Work

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Kim (Catnapper), maybe you have some advice for me. I've done about everything I can think of this morning to avoid getting to it and getting some work done. I have to pay bills, which I actually like doing, but for some reason I just can't seem to get my butt in gear this morning. :rolleyes:

Why work when you can dawdle the day away on PT? :rolleyes: :D

ramanth
02-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I right there with you. ;)

*looks at the pile of CD's she has to burn*

Corinna
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Me too supposed to be job hunting!! :( also a ton of old photos to scan to burn to disks for family. Not to excited about it.

Can Pet talk get in trouble for aiding and abetting fugitives from daily work?

lvpets2002
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
:) I know I have those days too when it is a struggle to get anything done.. What realy does me in is when I have all this work planned & all of the girls (cats) just look at me & yawn & go back to bed {like that gave me a lot push to get any work done}..

lv4dogs
02-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Here I sit today with a TON of work to do (at least a few days worth of work & I actually WANT to do it. But I can't do anything until I hear back from our accountant. :rolleyes:

slick
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
**looks left** **looks right** **peeks out office door**

Avoiding work?? I'm not avoiding work..... :eek: ;) :D

poofy
02-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Very funny thread..love it.. :)

catnapper
02-09-2006, 01:05 PM
You're asking ME for help??? :eek:

I STILL have not gotten my taxes done.... how many weeks have I been working on them? I promised hubby they'd be off and on their way to the accountant tomorrow. Lets hope I actually can do it! I only have maybe an hour's worth of work for them left (all told, I had maybe 5 hours worth of work thats stretched into weeks worth of work! :p)

I have certain tasks that I HATE doing and will do anything and everything else in order to avoid the task I don't wanna do! I am GOOD at that, so if you're asking for advice as to how to avoid the work.... PT is a great start. Did you do laundry yet? Vaccuum? Empty and scrub litterboxes? Did you move the bed and clean under it (its lost sock territory ya know) speaking of lost socks, did you match all the socks in your lost sock basket? Did you alphabetize your pantry? Oh I could go on! These little tips should help you in the meantime. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
You guys are a lot of help! :rolleyes: :D

Ok, bills are paid, now it's off to do union reports. Something else I like doing but am a master at putting off. :rolleyes:

Kim, you've got good suggestions, but I'm at work, not at home so I have other "strategies" such as check PT, spider solitaire, take the garbage out, surf the net for awhile, check PT, shuffle papers, do my personal finances, check PT....well....you get the idea.... ;)

Corinna
02-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I got my part of taxes done got to wait for tim to get his togeather.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Boss is on his way in, so I guess I better really get to work - drat! :p

slick
02-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I got to work 4 hours ago. Between browsing PT and surfing online to find a cheap flight to LA, I've wasted about 3 hours. :o Thank God I don't work from home....too many distractions like scoop the LB, pet Max, kiss Max, brush Max, pet Max.....not to mention Montel... :rolleyes: :D

gini
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I talked to Richard on the phone the other day and I described to him exactly what you have posted here.............I can't seem to get it together to get the work done. He gave me a pep talk - really good - and I got all of this work done late yesterday.

I was so pleased - got a call today and the client had made a huge goof - and I had to make some major adjustments and then run everything all over again.

But the big question here - and the most important one - IS - WHAT IS THE BEST SCORE YOU HAVE EVER HAD ON SPIDER SOLITAIRE? :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
So much for goofing of all day. Came back to bite me in that I was swamped with work today! :rolleyes: Between getting the union reports done and on their way, and realizing I forgot to deduct taxes from one guys paycheck :rolleyes: then figuring out how to correct it (good thing I caught this now since we laid the guy off and I would NOT have been able to recoup had I not caught it before his last paycheck - whew!), ordering a ton of material for the guys, and answering the phone a million times - WHY do telemarketers wait until Friday, then they all call at once! :rolleyes: - after all that, I'm pooped! Time for a slushie when I get home..... Oops, wrong thread for that. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! :D