PDA

View Full Version : Baby elephant dies during delivery at my local zoo

lv4dogs
02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
This happened Tues but the news just became available to the public today. This makes me so sad.

http://www.10nbc.com/index.asp?template=item&story_id=17717

Vela
02-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Aww that's too bad=( We have had problems with our Giraffes at the zoo here. Something just keeps happening to our males. One fell and tore something vital in his groin and had to be put down and two others have also had something bad happen. While I dislike zoos in genreal, I think it's a good way for people to connect with animals. I honestly think sometimes people are more willing to help them in the wild when they can connect with a live one at a zoo. Although some zoos are terrible and should be shut down! The animals at our zoo often live to be quite old, which I guess is a sign of good care, and they are always well maintained. Poor momma elephant is going to be very sad without her baby, elephants are very intelligent.

ramanth
02-09-2006, 12:09 PM
So sad. :(

luvofallhorses
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
:(

lizbud
02-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Quote;" Tuesday night when he learned one of the calf's feet was in the wrong position like the beginnings of a breech birth. “We determined that the calf was no viable because the calf did not respond to any manipulation of the foot.”
The calf is still inside Genny C and could stay there for days, months, even years but at some point it will come out."

This is remarkable. I wonder if it's true?