PDA

View Full Version : Whistling

Jods
02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Whenever I whistle Pixie howls and attacks me!!! What the heck and now she is starting to do it when I sing to the baby how do I get her to stop???

kimboe
02-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Hmm....That's weired? I don't know what to write that could help. Sorry :(

Felix
02-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Im not sure but maybe it hurts her ears? :confused:

kilbarchancats
02-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Our Candy is the very same - just exactly how you described. She also hates the sound of mobile phones ringing. I would agree with Felix that it must hurt their ears. The boys, Max and Tom, don't bother at all but I think Candy must have particularly sensitive ears and both of these sounds drive her crazy. She will come up and shout right in your face and swipe at you to STOP IT RIGHT NOW! :eek:

kuhio98
02-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Kuhio hated whistling too. The high pitch hurt her ears. But she never attacked me. She'd just come running into the room and YOWL and I'd shut up and apologize. I'm not sure how you can stop her from attacking you. Maybe try sitting next to her and start to whistle and when you notice her getting agitated stop and talk to her. After a while, maybe she'll get the message that if she gets your attention by meowing instead of attacking, you'll stop hurting her ears. :confused:

catmandu
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Thats funny as The Found Cats loved when Mark the Contractor whistled and ran to see where that melody was coming from.