PDA

View Full Version : Behavior after being attacked.

jayrob
07-07-2000, 09:24 PM
My son (a pomeranian) was attacked by a German Sheppard last October. He was never afraid of other dogs, but now he wimppers at the sight of the smallest puppy. His old, but smaller sister was later killed by this Sheppard, and he witnessed the second attack. I wonder if this could be influencing his behavior.

Any thoughts or suggestions. And by the way, the Sheppard was put down after the second attack, I only wish I had it done after the first. I miss my baby girl.

Thanks.
JayRob

DeAnna
07-10-2000, 11:49 PM
Oh how sad! That Shepard apparently was not a social animal. You need to take your furry friend to places where he can socialize with other doggies and make friends or else your doggie will not be social either. We have a mix named Holly. She is 10 years old now and is not very social with other dogs. When we first got her, we already had a toy poodle. Our poodle was alpha dog and if he growled at Holly, she would attack him. She almost killed him twice. After that, we had to keep them separate. Our poodle died of cancer 8 years ago and we didn't get another dog until recently. When we got Backdraft, our new puppy, she tolerated him very well and even played with him. But when she is finished she is finished and Backdraft knew his place and backed off. We have introduced him to lots of dogs so he will be a social animal. He even has a best bud (Hugo)that comes over to play in the park. Good luck and so sorry to hear about your poochie. I know the sorrow. DeAnna

------------------
DeAnna